Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Scott Dann

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Both

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters
Fair enough but do they not deserve a chance in a friendly?

No. We've said earlier, there are more candidates ahead of them, better players. Also, bolding your posts doesn't make people read them more, you know.

Fair enough but do they not deserve a chance in a friendly?

No. They are good defenders, but the players in front of them are better. Mancienne is more likely to be picked in front of them, as Capello tries to find his top youth players.

Sorry, but Johnson and Dann won't play for England unless there is a English defender catastrophe.

i think they should be given a chance at international level...if they fail they fail is they play well its someone else who can be relied upon to play whenever called up and no how fussing the bigger teams are about letting there players playing friendly's. then given the players less know a chance we complain about the lack of options we have then why do we just play them............

WE AIN'T AS GOOD AS WE THINK WE ARE.......

if i was looking through the whole England selection who could be say is world class......i don't see anyone expect Ashley Cole at the moment...

Their consistent good form was 38 Premier League games last season.

wow....I have never seen such consistency,these players then performed admirably in every single game against the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal right:P

Completely stupid and biased post...if they performed so well then Birmingham should have won the EPl by now

if i was looking through the whole England selection who could be say is world class......i don't see anyone expect Ashley Cole at the moment...

Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Rio, JT.

No. We've said earlier, there are more candidates ahead of them, better players. Also, bolding your posts doesn't make people read them more, you know.

I think they deserve a chance, both are reletatively young, dann is 23 maybe i think. So he has 10 years left at the top. so why not give him a go, at least you know he be available when you want him.

No. They are good defenders, but the players in front of them are better. Mancienne is more likely to be picked in front of them, as Capello tries to find his top youth players.

Sorry, but Johnson and Dann won't play for England unless there is a English defender catastrophe.

Mancienne is terrible, if he wears an england senior shirt above dann, we are in trouble.

Youth Players such as Kevin Davies.

wow....I have never seen such consistency,these players then performed admirably in every single game against the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal right:P

Completely stupid and biased post...if they performed so well then Birmingham should have won the EPl by now

no, becuase it takes more then 2 players, playing well for you to win the league, but with out them 2, i think they would of probaly got relegated, they where that good.

I don't think they should.

They've only been in the Premier League, the pair of them, for around a season and a half and, with that said, are far too inexperienced. The gap between club and international football is huge and there are classic examples in the poor performances in the likes of club stars Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronalo and Wayne Rooney to justify my point.

Fair play to the fact that they have a strong and dedicated partnership in defence and that they are club stars but, it has to also be acknowledged that England are not needing to throw caution into the wind with these two players. Roger Johnson has never been capped at international level for his country - ever, unlike Scott Dann.

The fact that I could list six, seven players that would fit the bill perfectly at centre half ahead of Dann and Johnson makes it all the more comforting that we are not desperate for defensive cover. Terry, Ferdinand, King, Dawson, Cahill, Jagielka, Upson, Shawcross - they are all experienced, are either young and learn or veteraned centre halves.

But, in all fairness, if it were to be a choice between the two, it would have to be Scott Dann. Dann has experienced international football with two appearances for the England U21's team back in 2008 and, with that, is more solid, aware of how tough it is on the world stage and, should Capello need a choice between the two, would go for Dann.

Also, this talk about how Kevin Davies got selected and how someone else should have is crock. Kevin Davies deserves a place in the England squad. He's been in professional football for a very long time - since 1993. That's nearly as long as the likes of Giggs, Speed, James, Neville, Scholes (etc. etc.) with that, he has also been playing for Bolton for more than seven years and is still going at the age of 33.

He was picked because Bent is injured, Carroll has lost form and Heskey retired from international football. We don't have that many target man and, not only that, but Davies, although had not played on international level since 2000, is ahead of most players that would be picked to partner Rooney upfront, other than Crouch, Defoe and Heskey. Davies is a top striker too. He may not be on scoring form and banging in 10, 20 - even 30 goals a season consistently but, how many Englishmen to-date, have done that. Not Rooney, because he shadowed Cristiano Ronaldo for a long time.

Well, that's my piece.

gerrard.......(at a average team so yes he will stand out)
lampard........(if has better players around him
rooney......(no ******* way) (united fan here)
rio (last 18months injury prone so no)
terry ( loss his touch from 2004/05/06)
and which cole u referring too ?
ashley YES
joe - no (hasnt play enough and been in and out of the team)

I think they deserve a chance, both are reletatively young, dann is 23 maybe i think. So he has 10 years left at the top. so why not give him a go, at least you know he be available when you want him.

Mancienne is terrible, if he wears an england senior shirt above dann, we are in trouble.

Youth Players such as Kevin Davies.

no, becuase it takes more then 2 players, playing well for you to win the league, but with out them 2, i think they would of probaly got relegated, they where that good.

I was being sarcastic in my last comment but they was now way they played consistently for 38 games, no one can manage that obviously and ur forgetting that Birmingham survived last season due to the brilliance of yours truly Joe Hart

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

gerrard.......(at a average team so yes he will stand out)
lampard........(if has better players around him
rooney......(no ******* way) (united fan here)
rio (last 18months injury prone so no)
terry ( loss his touch from 2004/05/06)
and which cole u referring too ?
ashley YES
joe - no (hasnt play enough and been in and out of the team)

Dont know y u say Terry lost his touch,without him our defence last season would have been in tatters..he is that good and was it not during those 3 years u mention that Chelsea has their most sucessful period

I was being sarcastic in my last comment but they was now way they played consistently for 38 games, no one can manage that obviously and ur forgetting that Birmingham survived last season due to the brilliance of yours truly Joe Hart

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Joe Hart was good, but he couldnt of done it with out quality Defenders, helping him out, it was soo good to see a Side be so good defensively and the spine being english.

you defense would had be fine since you where scoring 5 or 6 every game so not really.
personally i hate him.
he's average not world class

Why would 2 centre defenders constitute a Premier League title? All i'm saying is that against any opposition, they performed well and never looked out of place in a single game despite playing in the Championship the seasons before. Although there are players in front of them, I believe they should get a chance to show there worth.

To be fair they've both come very far, but there ae far better cb's than them in this country young and old, so no.

Back