• Scott Dann

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Both

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters
Same thing again Redders,

Bent is quality yet a striker (previously explained)
Upson isn't as good as Rojo or Dann
Neither is Cahill
Carson is behind Joey<3, Foster<3 and Green
Shawcross is nowhere near as good as Rojo or Dann, or even Matty Upson
Baines plays for Everton, a club in Europe...
Carlton Cole is always injured therefore not a consistent option
Zamora is injured now, and plays for a team that were European finalists last term

What was the point of that post?

Are you serious, or do you have a mentor with you in all your classes?

So Green is ahead of Carson. Who does Green play for? k.

Bent is quality, so he gets in the squad. OK....so that makes Dann and Johnson what?

The 'striker' thing isn't even an argument. If you're good enough you get within an ear shot of the squad.

Everton are in Europe?

Regardless of Cole being injured, he got into the team when he was playing well in a 'smaller' team....

Zamora played in a European final. OK, what's your point? They got to the final because Zamora had a quality season - hence why he got in the squad.

What was the point in your 100% biased, completely ridiculous post?

Neither yet but im sure if they keep playing well then they will get their chance. Although it was a poor result last night i thought Rio played very well and we all know JT will partner him if he is fit for the game against France.

Zamora played in a European final. OK, what's your point? They got to the final because Zamora had a quality season - hence why he got in the squad.

What was the point in your 100% biased, completely ridiculous post?[/QUOTE]

Both Johnson and Dann had quality seasons last term, so why arent they in the squad?

Both Johnson and Dann had quality seasons last term, so why arent they in the squad?

Because, unlike Zamora, they have many other better players ahead of them. I reckon if we play a 4-4-2, Zamora would probably be my first or second choice to partner Rooney. With Johnson and Dann, there are at least four players I'd rather see starting for England than them, and maybe six.

The fact of the matter is, there is a reason Johnson and Dann aren't in the squad - they aren't good enough. You cant use the the argument that 'we havent seen them play 90 minutes' because England have a **** of a lot of scouts watching players like those two. Maybe if you watched Jagielka, Dawson, King and Shawcross for 90mins every week you would understand how ridiculous this thread is.

i reckon scott dann could deserve a place but IMO will never get a chance uless a injury crisis there at least 6 CB's in front of him at min in capello's eyes

Lets not get into an argument here but who apart from me, saw 90 minutes of every game that Blues played last season and this season, home or away, that Johnson or Dann was playing in?

and u watched 90mins of every other game an England prospect has played I expect:P

No neither are good enough but if they have any irish granny's they will get some international football :D

Nope. There are better CBs available for England.
1 - Terry
2 - Rio
3 - Jagielka
4 - King
5 - Dawson
6 - Upson

Both, with a good run of consistently good form would be hard to ignore, but there are better players in front of them.

I think this is a great argument..Both Dann & Johnston are decent players. England class (I'm not sure)

But Upson, Dawson & Cahill (In my humble opinion) are not England class either.

Take Rio & Terry out of it & i think England have a real problem with CB's.

Nope. There are better CBs available for England.
1 - Terry
2 - Rio
3 - Jagielka
4 - King
5 - Dawson
6 - Upson

Both, with a good run of consistently good form would be hard to ignore, but there are better players in front of them.

And Lescott aswell by the look of the game last night. I would put Lescott above Upson, as he is a shambles.

The request for these two to be called up to the squad is slightly far fetched. Personally I think there are several in front of the pecking order. Cannot take anything away from the two of them though, they are a solid pairing and have saved Birmingham on many occasions. If you are so desperate for them to be called up, do it on FM :P

The request for these two to be called up to the squad is slightly far fetched. Personally I think there are several in front of the pecking order. Cannot take anything away from the two of them though, they are a solid pairing and have saved Birmingham on many occasions. If you are so desperate for them to be called up, do it on FM :P

Oh, I already have done on many occasions
;)

Their consistent good form was 38 Premier League games last season.

Yes, but how many good seasons did Rio and Terry have before getting a cap? Whilst Rio and Terry are fi and available for selection, no-one really stands a chance, and the backup would be Jagielka and either Lescott or Dawson.

Yes, but how many good seasons did Rio and Terry have before getting a cap? Whilst Rio and Terry are fi and available for selection, no-one really stands a chance, and the backup would be Jagielka and either Lescott or Dawson.

Fair enough but do they not deserve a chance in a friendly?

Back