Ronaldinho: Legendary Player and Legendary... manager?

Ronaldinho - Campeonato Carioca

Clube de Regatas do Flamengo vs Boavista Sport Club

View attachment 163541
View attachment 163540
View attachment 163539

The only disappointment is Paolo Guerrero managed to miss two penalties in the game which is a cause for concern as he hasn't scored since October of last year. But with the positive, it was an easy game to play and Maicon was the best player in the game today.

Juan Cazares scored the first goal of the game after taking advantage of Willian Rodrigues's error to score a freak goal. Diego Morales made it 2-0 after a simple finish from close in. Oscar Romero made it 3-0 after a towering header from close range.

Flamengo will head to Estadio do Trabalhador to face Resende in a Campeonato Caricoa match.​

Ronaldinho - Board Meeting

View attachment 163528

I was at the training center of Flamengo getting my boys ready for the match against Resende in a couple of days before I got a text from the boss to discuss something.

But instead of me going to his office, I just saw Eduardo running out of the office to the field to meet me. I must say, he runs well for an old man.

"Ronny, my boy!" he said "I got the expectation for you when we play Copa Libertadores and Primeira Liga. So I'll make this quick. Copa Libertadores, since we will start at the group stage, I want us to reach the final. Winning will be the bonus."

"Fair enough" I said.

"Anything less than that, will be unacceptable. You hear me."

"Yes, Boss"

"And of the Primeira Liga, That competition is not important to me as the CBF is messed up. But making to the knockout stage would be nice compared to last year."

"I'll do my best and won't fail you" I said.

"OK then. Good Luck and no pressure" he said "Now I gotta run again."

And than he left. I must admit that reaching the finals of Libertadores will be very hard so I must focus on that first.

View attachment 163526

Primeira Liga Set

View attachment 163525

The 2nd edition of Primeira Liga will be played this year and the group stage was announced. The competition was founded in 2015 by clubs that were unhappy with the state championships and their low attendances and revenues. The club competition contested between the clubs from Rio de Janeiro (2), Rio Grande do Sul (2), Parana (2), Minas Gerais (3), and Santa Catarina (3). This competition is similar to the Copa do Nordeste.

The rule on team that qualify to this competition is unclear but many suggest that finalist from Campeonato Carioca, Campeonato, Campeonato Gaucho, and Campeonato Paranaense; the top 3 finish in Campeonato Mineiro and Campeonato Catarinense.

The competition consist of 3 groups. The winner of the group qualify to the Knockout Stage with the best 2nd placed club joining them. Each club will face each other in the group only once.

In 2017, Flamengo was placed in Group C with América Futebol Clube, Clube Atlético Paranaense, and Joinville Esporte Clube.

View attachment 163524

The schedule for Flamengo will be:

View attachment 163523

Instead of Flamengo heading to Resende, they will host America Mineiro first.​

View attachment 163522

Copa Libertadores Preliminary Set

View attachment 163521

The preliminary round of 2017 Copa Libertadores has been announced. The winner of the preliminary will advance to the Group Stage of the competition. Flamengo has been qualified to the Group Stage thus not having to play in the Preliminary Round.

The Copa Libertadores de América is an annual international club football competition organized by CONMEBOL since 1960. It is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world and the most prestigious club competition in Latin American football. It is sponsored by Bridgestone and is known as the Copa Bridgestone Libertadores. The competition has had several different formats over its lifetime. At the beginning, only the champions of the South American leagues participated. In 1966, the runners-up of the South American leagues began to join. In 1998, Mexican teams were invited to compete, and have contested regularly since 2000, when the tournament was expanded from 20 to 32 teams. Today at least three clubs per country compete in the tournament, while Argentina and Brazil each have five clubs participating. Traditionally, a group stage has always been used but the number of teams per group has varied several times.

Independiente of Argentina are the most successful club in the cup's history, having won the tournament seven times. Argentine clubs have accumulated the most victories with 23 wins, while Brazil has the largest number of different winning teams, with a total of 10 clubs having won the title. The cup has been won by 24 different clubs, 12 of which have won the title more than once, and won consecutively by six clubs, most recently by Boca Juniors in 2001.

In the present format, the tournament consists of six stages, with the first stage taking place in early February. The six surviving teams from the first stage join 26 teams in the second stage, in which there are eight groups consisting of four teams each. The eight group winners and eight runners-up enter the final four stages, better known as the knockout stages, which ends with the finals anywhere between June and August. The winner of the Copa Libertadores becomes eligible to play in the FIFA Club World Cup and the Recopa Sudamericana.

In the Preliminary of the 2017 Copa Libertadores, the matches are:

View attachment 163512

Santos will be defending their title after defeating Boca Juniors 2-2 (4-3 on penalties).​

Ronaldinho - Primeira Liga

Clube de Regatas do Flamengo vs América Futebol Clube

View attachment 163511
View attachment 163510
View attachment 163509

Big win over America Mineiro in the first game of Primeira Liga. Our rightback Wellington Silva had a big game scoring 2 goals. Cristian Zapata scored his first goal with the club since joining in July of 2016.

Diego Souza scored the first goal of the game after a lucky strike. Wellington Silva made it 2-0 after an effort from 19 metres. Sliva got his 2nd of the night after an incisive finish from 13 metres. Emerson Sheik made it 4-0 when he scored a close range effort. Marcelo Toscano pulled back one for America after a simple finish from close in. Cristian Zapata made it 5-1 after a close range finish which was timed impeccably.

The standing after the game:

View attachment 163507

Flamengo will head to Estadio do Trabalhador to face Resende in a Campeonato Caricoa match.​

View attachment 163506

Kenedy is the new Man

Flamengo has recently acquired Kenedy from Chelsea in a year long loan.

In

View attachment 163505

Kenedy
View attachment 163504
View attachment 163503

The youngster from Chelsea was recently listed as loan and Flamengo didn't think for a second to add him on the team. The Attacking Midfielder who can also play striker, is a potential star in Campeonato Brasileiro who can make unexpected plays to get pass his opponents. He is a consisted performer and is a fairly skilled player. He played last season with Corinthians on loan and had a 7.00 rating while adding 5 goals and 4 assist.

Currently, Kenedy is out with a leg injury and will be out for 3 weeks but Flamengo is hopeful that his injury will not affect him.

Out

View attachment 163502

Flamengo as loaned out 5 payers into various clubs this season including into their affiliates CSA and ASA.​

Resende Futebol Clube vs Clube de Regatas do Flamengo

View attachment 163498
View attachment 163497
View attachment 163496

Big win for us against Resende today. And the best part? Paolo Guerrero finally scored! After spending nearly 15 hours without scoring, he finally got one in. Hopefully his confidence will get a huge boost. Oscar Romero had a great game with 2 goals and an assist.

Paolo Guerrero scored the first goal of the game after taking advantage of Matheus Dantas' error (He on loan from us) to score a well timed finish from close range. Hector Cantero scored his first of the year after seizing on Jefferson's error to score a good finish from close range. Wandinho got his 2nd yellow of the game and was ejected after an ungentlemanly conduct. Juan Cazares made it 3-0 after a freekick from 26 metres. Oscar Romero made it 4-0 after a placed shot. Romero got his 2nd of the night when he scored a defty executed finish.

The standing for Campeonato Carioca after this game:

View attachment 163495

Flamengo will host Volta Redonda in a Compeonato Carioca match.​

Clube de Regatas do Flamengo vs Volta Redonda Futebol Clube

View attachment 163494
View attachment 163493
View attachment 163492

It was a nerve-racking game as we were down 1-0 to Volta Redonda before coming back to win the match. The red card to Toquinho made the match a bit easier. Wellington Silva got man of the match with 2 assist.

Hugo Freitas gave Volta Redonda the lead after a placed shot. Sebastian Palacios tied the game after a well timed close range finish. Toquinho was ejected from the game after receiving his 2nd yellow for persistent fouling. Luiz Adriano scored his first goal for the club after a good finish from close range. Emerson Sheik made it 3-1 after a well timed finish from close range.

The Standing of Campeonato Carioca after this match is:

View attachment 163491

Flamengo will be the away team as they face their Fla-Flu rivals Fluminense in a Campeonato Carioca match.​

View attachment 160974

Flamengo's 2017 January Review

View attachment 160973

The first month of the season has been played and it's been an OK month for Flamengo. Even though that Flamengo did win 5 of the 6 games, they lost to their rivals Botafogo at home. In Campeonato Carioca, they managed 4 wins, which all should be games that they should be winning. In Primeira Liga, Flamengo won the first game against America Mineiro in a huge 5-1 victory.

View attachment 160954

Campeonato Carioca

After losing the first game to Botafogo, Flamengo managed to win 4 straight and conceding only one goal in the process. But their effort put them in 3rd place in their group just behind the surprising undefeated Macae and Vasco.

View attachment 160946

Primeira Liga

Flamengo played their first Primeira Liga game of the season by defeating America Mineiro 5-1 and finishing the month in first place. They will face Joinville in February.

View attachment 160944

February

Next month, Flamengo will be playing four games but the draw of Copa Libertadores coming up, they may play more matches. The first game of the month will be a huge Fla-Flu derby which Flamengo will be the away side.

View attachment 160941

View attachment 160932

Flamengo Adds Midfielder

Flamengo has added another promising midfielder to the club as Danilo from Valencia has joined Flamengo in a year long loan.

In
View attachment 160929

Danilo
View attachment 160928
View attachment 160927

Danilo is rejoining Ronaldinho after a stint with the U23 Brazil team after they won the Olympic Gold. Danilo is also joining the club after playing for their rivals Vascoin 2012 and 2013. Danilo is a promising midfielder that is very suited for Campeonato Brasileiro. He is a very consistent player and his a great marker. Can play in various position around the midfield area and can use both foot.

Out
View attachment 160926

Many players left the club via loan but two players. Elton left the club after failing to renew his contract with Flamengo and Amaral was sold to Palmeiras.

Amaral
View attachment 160925

Amaral was sold to Palmeiras for £190K. He is a fairly consistent player and a great team player. But due being below Rene Junior, Hector Cantero, Jonas, Marcio Araujo, and now Danilo, he was not going to see any game time with the club and removing his salary was the best option for Flamengo.​

Fluminense Football Club vs Clube de Regatas do Flamengo

View attachment 160918
View attachment 160917
View attachment 160916

Disappointing game where we lost to our Fla-Flu rivals. Even though we had more shots, Fluminense chances were more threatening as they managed almost score more goals on us.

The only goal of the game was by Jean after a well struck effort in the 4th minute of the game.

The standing for Camponato Carioca after this game:

View attachment 160914

Flamengo will host Joinville in a Primeira Liga match.​

Ronaldinho - Primeira Liga

Clube de Regatas do Flamengo vs Joinville Esporte Clube

View attachment 160905
View attachment 160904
View attachment 160903

Great bounce back win over Joinville today. With this win, we are 2 for 2 in Group C of Primeira Liga. With a win in the final group stage game against Atletico Paranaense, we can qualify to the Knockout stage of the competition. Wellington Silva has won another man of the match after an assist.

Diego Souza scored the first goal of the game after a close range header. Emerson Sheik made it 2-0 after an effort from 20 metres.

During the game, Emerson Sheik was forced to leave the game after twisting his knee and will be out for 15 days.

View attachment 160900

The standing for the Primeira Liga after this game:

View attachment 160899

Flamengo will host Americano in a Campeonato Carioca match.​

Clube de Regatas do Flamengo vs Americano Futebol Clube

View attachment 160806
View attachment 160808
View attachment 160807
View attachment 160805

Huge win and I mean, HUGE WIN for us today. We scored 12 goals today and 7 goals in the first half. Oscar Romero had a huge game for us as he scored 4 goals and 3 assist. With this win, we qualified to the Second Stage of Campeonato Carioca.

Jorge scored the first goal of the game after an accurate finish from inside the penalty kick area. Oscar Romero made it 2-0 after an accurate finish. Paolo Guerrero made it 3-0 four minutes later when he scored a penalty after Igor gave it away. Juan Cazares scored after a deftly executed finish from close range. Cazares scored his 2nd of the day after taking advantage of Val's error to score an accurate finish from inside the penalty kick area. Romero added his 2nd to make to make it 6-0 when he scored with a close range header. Jorge also added his 2nd after a deftly executed finish.

Paolo Guerrero with his 2nd of the day made it 8-0 after a towering header from close range. Romero got his hat trick after a well struck effort. Diego Morales made it 10-0 after a well timed finish from close range. Terra scored on the wrong net after an unfortunate own goal to make it 11-0. Oscar Romero scored his 4th and ended the scoring after taking advantage of Fabio's error to score a well timed finish from close range.

The standing for Campeonato Carioca after this game:

View attachment 160800

Flamengo will head to Romario de Souza Faria stadium as they will face Duque de Caxias in a Campeonato Carioca match.​

View attachment 160797

Copa Libertadores Group Stage Announced

View attachment 160796

Now that the Preliminary Round has been played, the groups for Copa Libertadores has been announced. The result of the Preliminary Round were:

View attachment 160795

Cruzeiro and Internacional from Brazil, River Plate from Argentina, Barcelona from Ecuador, Atletico National from Colombia, and Juan Aurich from Peru all advanced to the Group Stage of the competition.

Now the draw of the Copa Libertadores Group Stage were:

View attachment 160794View attachment 160793

Flamengo was placed in Group G with Club Juan Aurich S. A. from Peru, Club Olimpia from Paraguay, and Club Atlético Peñarol from Uruguay.

View attachment 160792

The schedule for Flamengo in Group G is:

View attachment 160791

Flamengo will be looking for their 2nd Copa Libertadores title after winning their only title in 1981. Santos is the current champion and was placed in Group H.​

View attachment 160789

Santos win the Recopa Sudamericana

View attachment 160788
View attachment 160787
View attachment 160786

Santos won their 2nd Recopa Sudamericana after defeating Atletico Nacional 5-2 on aggregate. Santos, the current Copa Libertadores champion and Atletico Nacional, the current Copa Sudamericana champion, both qualified to this competiton after winning their respective competition.

Santos won the first game 2-0 thanks to Reinaldo Lenis and Lucas Lima. In the 2nd leg, one player from both clubs were ejected and Santos ended up winning 3-2 thanks to the winning goal by Thiago Ribeiro.​

Duque de Caxias Futebol Clube vs Clube de Regatas do Flamengo

View attachment 159299
View attachment 159298
View attachment 159297

Great win against Duque de Caxias as we played our final game of the First Stage. We didn't allow any shot against and we controlled the game easily. The only down side is that Wellington Silva was sent off after a second yellow.

Diego Souza scored the first goal of the game after an accurate finish from inside the penalty kick area. Alex made it 2-0 after a freak goal. Wellington Silva got his 2nd yellow card of the game after tripping Jonas Maia. Marcelo completed the rout with a good header from just inside the six yard box.

The standing for Campeonato Carioca after the game is:

View attachment 159296

Flamengo will host Juan Aurich in the first game of Copa Libertadores.​

View attachment 159295

Campeonato Carioca Second Stage and Relegation Stage

View attachment 159294

Now the First Stage of Campeonato Carioca is over, the Second Stage and Relegation Stage has now started. In the First Stage, the final standing was:

View attachment 159293

So the top 4 of each group will head to the Second Stage while the bottom 4 will head to Relegation Zone. Each team from both Second Stage and Relegation will seven games, all against their respective groups. In the Second Stage, The top 4 clubs will head to the Championship Stage whereas the bottom 2 clubs in the Relegation Stage will be relegated to the Campeonato Carioca Second Division.

Second Stage
View attachment 159292

Relegation Playoff
View attachment 159291

Since Flamengo qualified to the Second Stage, their fixtures for the match are:

View attachment 159290

Fluminense is the defending champions after winning in both 2015 and 2016.​

Ronaldinho - Copa Libertadores

Clube de Regatas do Flamengo vs Club Juan Aurich S. A.

View attachment 158749
View attachment 158748
View attachment 158747

Excellent start to our Copa Libertadores campaign with a huge win over Peruvian side Juan Aurich. Juan Cazares and Paolo Guerrero was in form today with 2 goals apiece.

Juan Cazares scored the first goal of the game after taking advantage of Sebastian Drago's error to score a well timed close range finish. Paolo Guerrero made it 2-0 after an accurate finish from inside the penalty kick area. Guerrero got his 2nd of the night when he scored a penalty after Netto Imperador gave it away. Netto Imperador pulled one back for Juan Aurich after an accurate finish from inside the penalty kick area. Cazares made it 4-1 for Flamengo after a nice effort from 13 metres.

The standing in Copa Libertadores Group G after this game:

View attachment 158745

Flamengo will head to Claudio Moacyr de Azevedo stadium to face Macae in a Campeonato Carioca match.​

Ronaldinho - Player Meeting

View attachment 158744

The lads are training hard for their match against Macae in a couple of days. I gave them a day off after the big win against Juan Aurich in Copa Libertadores. After the final drill of the day was over, I told everyone to leave and enjoy their day with their family or whatever. I just need them to be on time tomorrow for Set-Piece training. Everyone left but Jorge, who was kinda nervous looking at me. I guess it something important that he wants to discuss.

View attachment 158743

"Boss" Jorge said ​"This is a bit inappropriate to say but I think that I have outgrown the club. I love the club with a huge passion but I believe that I am ready to take on a bigger challenge. Something like Europe."

That a huge shock I thought. One of the most promising LB in Brazil wants to leave my club.

"I wasn't expecting that to be honest"
I said "Look I understand that you want to go to Europe but Flamengo really needs you at the moment. We are one win from qualifying to the Knockout Stage of Primeira Liga and we a long Copa Libertadores campaign look forward to. I really thing that we can win those to competition and you are a key member to this."

"I understand" he said "But I can't keep waiting. My dream is to play in Champions League."

"Winning Champions League is a great dream that I experienced once. But you can join an exclusive club that only a few people has ever achieved including me: Winning both Champions League and Copa Libertadores. That is something that even Messi has never achieved. So I want to make a deal with you. I know that Primeira Liga isn't important to you but help us win Copa Libertadores. If we win, you stay and help us play in FIFA Club World Cup. If we don't win, I'll sell you in July. What do you say?"

"You do make an interesting point." Jorge said "Deal! I need to win the Copa Libertadores medal for my career. But I expect you to keep your promise with we don't win."

"I don't break promises" I replied "Now get out of here and enjoy your evening."

Now I need to focus on Libertadores 110% now.​