Rooney accepts charge but not ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 7K
United are expected to find out the result of the hearing before kick off, but the FA won't announce it until tomorrow.

I think the FA are right in banning Rooney because it was unnecessary to swear down a camera lens like that and is sending out a bad message about the game. I don't care if footballers swear in frustration but abuse to referees and swearing at people is not on. I think a 2 game ban is harsh and I would have given a 1 game ban for that but it sort out of makes up for all the previous offences(on and off the field) he has got away with.

I think the FA are right in banning Rooney because it was unnecessary to swear down a camera lens like that and is sending out a bad message about the game. I don't care if footballers swear in frustration but abuse to referees and swearing at people is not on. I think a 2 game ban is harsh and I would have given a 1 game ban for that but it sort out of makes up for all the previous offences(on and off the field) he has got away with.

thats not how the rules work, you dont twist to cover up your own flaws. Rooney didnt get away with elbow, the FA's won rules prevented them from taking action, their screw up.

I know that and that is why i said i would have given him a 1 match ban but i was just suggesting it was perhaps a case of bad karma

I know that and that is why i said i would have given him a 1 match ban but i was just suggesting it was perhaps a case of bad karma

fair enough, buts its not karma, just FA incompetence as usual; ban a player when he shouldnt, dont ban him when they should

Ah well at least you have Hernandez who can come in-he is quality

Apparently it's been extended to 3 games. Nothing official yet.

Rooney suspension confirmed

Manchester United striker banned for two matches.

A Regulatory Commission has suspended Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney for two matches.

Rooney had admitted a charge for the use of offensive, insulting and / or abusive language, but claimed that the automatic penalty of two games was clearly excessive.

The Commission did not accept the claim and Rooney will begin the standard two match suspension with immediate effect.

The charge relates to an incident during his side’s fixture with West Ham United at the Boleyn Ground on Saturday 2 April 2011.

TheFA.com - Wayne Rooney suspended for two games

:( Wanted it either extended or lifted, now he's pretty much guaranteed to play against us.

Misses the Fulham game which is good news because he has quite a good record vs us.

:( Wanted it either extended or lifted, now he's pretty much guaranteed to play against us.

wonder what the odds are of a devastating hat trick against you...

didnt expect it to be reduced, will be interesting to see if they actually uphold this rule

He got 2 match ban for swearing... **** FA. That's not right. A lot of players deserves bans then.

Great job. Well done. Just proving what many think about FA.

Whether or not others swear and get away with it. This is the right thing to do, and the FA should be doing this. Pretty fair. Actions have consequences.

Whether or not others swear and get away with it. This is the right thing to do, and the FA should be doing this. Pretty fair. Actions have consequences.

The Fact they decidede to do it now though, is bullshit and it is trying to make an example out of Wayne, because of this countrys FA.

Back