Roy Hodgson Leaves Liverpool

This news has made my life
King Kenny to beat Man United anyone

I am looking forward to this Man Utd game more than I have any game for a long, long time, now.

just heard on SSN Ian Rush is rumoured to be his asst. liverpool fans will be jizzing in there pants haha!

I worry that Liverpool will win a few extra games, maybe get some morale back and he will be praised from the heavens, given the job full time and then disaster will strike again.

There's no way he'll even consider of taking the job full time.

One of the few on here who saw this coming before the appointment was even made. Roy Hodgson was never, ever going to be the right appointment for a club like Liverpool. He should have stayed at Fulham and soaked up the appraisal he got for mediocrity and eventually land himself the England job which as a Scot, would have suited me just fine ^^)

To this day people still blame Rafa Benitez for the way this season has gone, ****** idiots.

Appointing Kenny Dalglish until the end of the season baffles me almost as much as hiring Hodgson, The man is old and his mind isn’t all there anymore. Liverpool fans seem to have this grand illusion that this will be some sort of spiritual awakening?

His previous era in management was in a different time when managers got respect. Watching him on television interviews over the past few seasons and even going back to 1999 at Celtic and 1998 at Newcastle I wonder how he had any success at all.

I worry that Liverpool will win a few extra games, maybe get some morale back and he will be praised from the heavens, given the job full time and then disaster will strike again.

Can see your point Kris - which is why I'm glad the shortlisting process goes on and this is a temporary appointment. Kenny is in a situation where he cannot lose - things go wrong, then people will point to the poor start to the season under Hodgson. Things go right, then he can step aside on a high which is something which he always wanted to come back to do.

What is very apparant is that the dressing room at our club needs sorting out. Much as Chelsea's did. They called in Hiddink because Abramovich had a relationship with him and the Russian FA which allowed for it. We've called in Kenny - this is the man with a reputation for taking no prisoners while a manager, and who has such support from every red in the city that any player who runs off whining to their press mates will get short shrift.

As a temporary appointment, providing results improve even marginally, it will provide an opportunity to do some quiet behind the scenes sorting out and give the owners breathing space to get the structure they want to see at the club sorted. New CEO will be next. Then we'll start to see players being brought in to strengthen the squad.

Buzzing like anything mate. This is the right way to handle this. Hope to goodness it works.

edt: just a point on Kenny as manager - have a watch of the 88/89 team. 4-2-3-1 played to perfection. He was well ahead of his time. The rest of the world has only just starting to catch up.

West Brom would walk the SPL, nevermind Liverpool.

This Thread is not about you, me,West brom or the SPL.

I asked a few Questions in my first post, which some real Liverpool fans have answered...thanks guys :)

King Kenny back in business? Suddenly 2011 looks a lot brighter.

feel a bit sorry for woy and all, but it was always going to happen, you cant have a team that on paper should be pushing top 4, but is actually pushing the top half.
I just think sorting liverpool out wasnt the job for him. good luck to kenny!

Can see your point Kris - which is why I'm glad the shortlisting process goes on and this is a temporary appointment. Kenny is in a situation where he cannot lose - things go wrong, then people will point to the poor start to the season under Hodgson. Things go right, then he can step aside on a high which is something which he always wanted to come back to do.

What is very apparant is that the dressing room at our club needs sorting out. Much as Chelsea's did. They called in Hiddink because Abramovich had a relationship with him and the Russian FA which allowed for it. We've called in Kenny - this is the man with a reputation for taking no prisoners while a manager, and who has such support from every red in the city that any player who runs off whining to their press mates will get short shrift.

As a temporary appointment, providing results improve even marginally, it will provide an opportunity to do some quiet behind the scenes sorting out and give the owners breathing space to get the structure they want to see at the club sorted. New CEO will be next. Then we'll start to see players being brought in to strengthen the squad.

Buzzing like anything mate. This is the right way to handle this. Hope to goodness it works.

edt: just a point on Kenny as manager - have a watch of the 88/89 team. 4-2-3-1 played to perfection. He was well ahead of his time. The rest of the world has only just starting to catch up.

Will it be Commolli in charge of transfers then?

It was only a matter of time that he would be sacked, and i'm not surpirsed. He shouldn't have gone in the first place. Liverpool and Fulham are 2 completely different clubs. He's also going to be remembered as the gaffer who failed with Liverpool, rather than the legend who rescued Fulham

thinking about it the timing is very strange , because if we are honest they should have let hodgson take the fall for the manchesterd utd game and then bring dalglish in so that he can try and bring the team in on a winning start assuming they could beat blackpool

hodgson got the call from charlton last night then ??????????????

Dalglish has been given until the end of the season. For some reason I still feel vaguely sorry for Woy, but this was inevitable. Hopefully Boas or Rangnick (SP) will come in at the end of the season - would love to see either of them in the PL.

Queep on dreaming... he stays at FC Porto till the end (H)