Roy Hodgson Leaves Liverpool

Roy deserved more time and at least deserved till the end of the season....

I can not see it getting any better for Liverpool with Dalglish in charge.....he is not experienced in management and he will struggle big time with a club like Liverpool.

61% win rate when he was in charge of Liverpool the first time, the guys been working at the club for a long time and watches more football than anyone. Might not be the ultimate best in wining us the league but he can get us back to top 6 until the summer.

Can't wait until Man Utd thrash the Pool', will be expecting "Kenny out" afterwards, disgraceful. He isn't going to do anything.

61% win rate when he was in charge of Liverpool the first time, the guys been working at the club for a long time and watches more football than anyone. Might not be the ultimate best in wining us the league but he can get us back to top 6 until the summer.

why are you thinking about winning the league at all?? it will not happen for a long time, liverpool are not the force they were any more.

i think Dalglish wont be able to get you into the top 6 by the end of the season, but that is my personal opinion.

Say for example, Kenny leads Liverpool to a great victory over Man United, boosts morale and they go onto win a few games. We all know how tight the league is this season, so a few wins in a row could move Liverpool into 6th-7th. Would you start to call for his appointment full time? We all know that caretaker's can have a good short term affect but do you really think he would be right in the long term?

It's a danger Kris. As is the danger that he'll fail badly. But... Kenny is a statesman. And he'll handle it right so the fans will move in harmony with the owners on this. What is needed is a short-term bounce and someone with sufficient authority to lay down the law to the squad and make some decisions which some of the numpty elements in our 'support' may get upset over.

You mentioned Chelsea and the affect Hiddink had on the side. I think the difference there is that Gus Hiddink is experienced in modern day management. Dalglish hasn't had a proper managerial role since Newcastle int he late 90's, Can he manage the modern player? will he get the respect of the foreign lads?

The foreign lads know who he is - people like Torres and Reina (even Alonso when he was here) immersed themselves in the history of the club. Kenny's also been around the club in an ambassadorial role and working with the youth for a couple of seasons now. And to be honest, most of the foreign lads haven't been the problem.

I understand why Liverpool fans will be buzzing now but I personally can't see this as a good idea. I think a full time appointment needs to be made before the end of the season.

Problem is that a number of those being shortlisted wish to remain with their current clubs until the end of the season, not jump clubs midway through the season. There's only a couple of managers on the shortlist (as I understand it from whispers - nothing certain, nothing official) who are currently not in employment. A shortlist of two isn't much of a choice.

so,after dalglish out,who is the next manager
Andres Villas Boas
Didier Deschamps
Owen Coyle
Jurgen Klopp
Frank Rijkaard?

why are you thinking about winning the league at all?? it will not happen for a long time, liverpool are not the force they were any more.

i think Dalglish wont be able to get you into the top 6 by the end of the season, but that is my personal opinion.

I completely agree. They need a manager that has had managerial experience recently, someone that will be able to get you out of the trouble they are in, not a club legend.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA...

Seriously kid, where do you have the money to buy hulk? your daddy wil pay for him? LOOOL!!!!!! please dont leave in dream land.

Andre Villas Boas and Hulk, none of them will go to Liverpool. I know you wish, but it wont happen ;).

I'm not going to say we are or we aren't. But...

you do know that Liverpool are in a position to pay £70m a season in transfer fees just from profits without incurring debt or having money put in by the owners don't you?

If we get CL football again at some point, that goes up to £90m+.

Wouldn't expect it all to get spent just for the sake of spending it. But the money is there if the right players become available now.

Liverpool
Football League First Division
Winner: 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90
Runner-up: 1986–87, 1988–89
FA Cup
Winner: 1986, 1989
Runner-up: 1988
Football League Cup
Runner-up: 1987
Charity Shield
Winner: 1988, 1989
Shared: 1986, 1990
[edit]Blackburn Rovers
FA Premier League
Winner(1): 1994–1995
Runner-up(1): 1993–1994
Football League Second Division Play Off
Winner(1): 1991–1992
Charity Shield
Runner-up(2):1993-94, 1994–95
[edit]Newcastle United
FA Premier League
Runner-up(1): 1996–1997
FA Cup
Runner-up(1):1998
[edit]Celtic
Scottish Premier League
Runner-up: 1999–00
Scottish League Cup
Winner: 2000
[edit]Rest of the World
Soccer Aid
Winner: 2010

Sorry i missed out a word, im not thinking of winning the league for another 3-5 years,

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not going to say we are or we aren't. But...

you do know that Liverpool are in a position to pay £70m a season in transfer fees just from profits without incurring debt or having money put in by the owners don't you?

If we get CL football again at some point, that goes up to £90m+.

Wouldn't expect it all to get spent just for the sake of spending it. But the money is there if the right players become available now.

I don't see how you would know this.

People on RAWK must be happy. Showed on other thread.

kennyv.jpg

About time, KK will have to get side gee'd up for tomorrow because United would absolutely love to spoil the party. But I expect a much better liverpool side, an aggressive 4-2-3-1.

Thr fans shouldnt get carried away with Dalglish though, and a permanent manager must still be signed for the season's end. I can definitely see Villa Boas arriving at the end of the season

I don't see how you would know this.
have you not been following the whole thing with NESV? Financially liverpool are now in a fantastic position

******* BOOOOM. Called it 4 days ago.
Completely agree. Although I believe the sequence of events will be as follows:

1. Hodgson leaves within next 2 weeks.
2. Kenny takes charge until end of season guiding us to respectable 6th/7th place.
3. Villas Boas, will join in summer. We finish in 4th spot the following season then push on from there. We live in hope.

******* BOOOOM. Called it 4 days ago.
You face a huge fight for number 3 though, your summer signings need to be spot on. But then under Commoli i expect your transfer to be better than previously