Roy Hodgson Leaves Liverpool

thinking about it the timing is very strange , because if we are honest they should have let hodgson take the fall for the manchesterd utd game and then bring dalglish in so that he can try and bring the team in on a winning start assuming they could beat blackpool

It was only a matter of time that he would be sacked, and i'm not surpirsed. He shouldn't have gone in the first place. Liverpool and Fulham are 2 completely different clubs. He's also going to be remembered as the gaffer who failed with Liverpool, rather than the legend who rescued Fulham

Rather depends on who you ask, I guess. Fulham fans will remember him as the man who saved them and took them to a Europa League Final.

Queep on dreaming... he stays at FC Porto till the end (H)

A manager of Villas-Boas' talent? Keep on dreaming. |)

thinking about it the timing is very strange , because if we are honest they should have let hodgson take the fall for the manchesterd utd game and then bring dalglish in so that he can try and bring the team in on a winning start assuming they could beat blackpool

Out of all games, I'd give us a chance there rather than not. Especially now Kenny will get some fire in their bellys.

I feel like dancing.

dirkleandyossiwg6.gif

torrescatyh4.gif

lucashumpta1.gif

Dance.gif

Kenny will get the players performing he wont ***** foot about he will tell them how it is because he his one man that knows how important liverpool are as a football club

exactly there could even be a new anfield rap:wub:

Ryan Babel would love that :p

In all honesty, glad Roy has gone, felt sorry for him because he is a better manager than people give him credit for, but he just has his level.

I'm glad KK is in, and hope Sammy Lee is gone A.S.A.P.

Can see your point Kris - which is why I'm glad the shortlisting process goes on and this is a temporary appointment. Kenny is in a situation where he cannot lose - things go wrong, then people will point to the poor start to the season under Hodgson. Things go right, then he can step aside on a high which is something which he always wanted to come back to do.

What is very apparant is that the dressing room at our club needs sorting out. Much as Chelsea's did. They called in Hiddink because Abramovich had a relationship with him and the Russian FA which allowed for it. We've called in Kenny - this is the man with a reputation for taking no prisoners while a manager, and who has such support from every red in the city that any player who runs off whining to their press mates will get short shrift.

As a temporary appointment, providing results improve even marginally, it will provide an opportunity to do some quiet behind the scenes sorting out and give the owners breathing space to get the structure they want to see at the club sorted. New CEO will be next. Then we'll start to see players being brought in to strengthen the squad.

Buzzing like anything mate. This is the right way to handle this. Hope to goodness it works.

edt: just a point on Kenny as manager - have a watch of the 88/89 team. 4-2-3-1 played to perfection. He was well ahead of his time. The rest of the world has only just starting to catch up.

Say for example, Kenny leads Liverpool to a great victory over Man United, boosts morale and they go onto win a few games. We all know how tight the league is this season, so a few wins in a row could move Liverpool into 6th-7th. Would you start to call for his appointment full time? We all know that caretaker's can have a good short term affect but do you really think he would be right in the long term?

You mentioned Chelsea and the affect Hiddink had on the side. I think the difference there is that Gus Hiddink is experienced in modern day management. Dalglish hasn't had a proper managerial role since Newcastle int he late 90's, Can he manage the modern player? will he get the respect of the foreign lads?

I understand why Liverpool fans will be buzzing now but I personally can't see this as a good idea. I think a full time appointment needs to be made before the end of the season.

Will it be Commolli in charge of transfers then?

Commolli's job is to identify talent to bring in. So not 'in charge of transfers' as such but to consistently target players over the long term who will add to the squad and first team but subject to managerial approval and CEO oversight.

Identification of talent which will flourish at Anfield has been a real problem for us since Souness brought in his mates to run the scouting system. We can no longer afford to write off even an average amount of duds (say Rafa's record), let alone allow it to get worse under another manager and have a repeat of the Souness era.

So we're trying something a bit different and a bit progressive - in some ways trying to replicate what Wenger has been doing at Arsenal in picking up young players in the 18 - 25 age range at a time when they can be picked up at bargain prices.

Rather depends on who you ask, I guess. Fulham fans will remember him as the man who saved them and took them to a Europa League Final

Yeah, Fulham fans will remember him as that, but the majority of fans will remember him for failing

Roy did his best and should be thanked for it but in the end didnt work out and was for the best that he left

West Brom would walk the SPL, nevermind Liverpool.

Don't be a ****.

On topic, I feel sorry for Roy because he is a good manager but he just sin't suited to Liverpool. Expectations were still sky-high, even though Liverpool don't really have a squad capable of what they've acheived in recent years.

This is just STUPID. I wanted Roy to leave , but not to have Dalgish getting the job until the end of the season. this is just stupid.

I hate Liverpool but I liked Roy Hodgson. I said I hope he failed at Liverpool but you have to feel sorry for the guy:p and again King Kenny taking over, I like Daglish but I want him to fail. They should have got Sam Allardyce there;)

Roy deserved more time and at least deserved till the end of the season....

I can not see it getting any better for Liverpool with Dalglish in charge.....he is not experienced in management and he will struggle big time with a club like Liverpool.

the petition works XD ,good luck for the new(but old)manager
btw,is he get fired or retiring or stand down?

I think Villas Boas would be a really good choice for the job. He already proved that he is good enough to manage a big team. He is doing wonders in Porto (and, as a result, tears in Lisbon), and would fit really well in Liverpool. However, I can't see him coming now. Maybe in the end of the season, but not now. He is very close to win the League, and it is probable they will win the Cup. Not to talk about the EL, which Porto may win as well. They are superbly strong this season.

not just your manager we might take hulk aswell lol

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA...

Seriously kid, where do you have the money to buy hulk? your daddy wil pay for him? LOOOL!!!!!! please dont leave in dream land.

Andre Villas Boas and Hulk, none of them will go to Liverpool. I know you wish, but it wont happen ;).