Russia World Cup 2018

• Thread starter Thread starter zzeezzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 49K
Come on Serbia! Sort it out these Brazilians aren't that good.

Time to switch off me thinks. Enjoy the rest Matic! Lazio must be on crack if they think Savic is going to go for 150 chocolate buttons let alone cash!

Last edited:
Time to switch off me thinks. Enjoy the rest Matic! Lazio must be on crack if they think Savic is going to go for 150 chocolate buttons let alone cash!
He definitely not done his price tag any good with the performances in the last 3 games that's for certain, but then how the F did Neymar go for what he did! So far the only one (other than Kane) who has even looked worth his price tag is Ronaldo and even then it isn't that brilliant.

He definitely not done his price tag any good with the performances in the last 3 games that's for certain, but then how the F did Neymar go for what he did! So far the only one (other than Kane) who has even looked worth his price tag is Ronaldo and even then it isn't that brilliant.
Yeah Agree. Will be staying at Lazio unless they seriously lower his value. After a bad WC and not hitting the same heights next season. Lazio may miss the best time to take some serious cheddar:)

When is it OK to say "told you so" that not taking Sane was the biggest mistake of all the World Cup squad selections, or should I just have trusted Low because he's a football manager/previous world cup winner? :P

Massive, massive **** up. Missed his pace, directness & penetration. How does a player have THAT good of a season, be a match winner, all on top of being one of the profiles they lacked in, and still not go?

When is it OK to say "told you so" that not taking Sane was the biggest mistake of all the World Cup squad selections, or should I just have trusted Low because he's a football manager/previous world cup winner? :P

Massive, massive **** up. Missed his pace, directness & penetration. How does a player have THAT good of a season, be a match winner, all on top of being one of the profiles they lacked in, and still not go?
That was the least of the Germans problems tbh. That defence was like a sieve and the CM couldn’t control a fart let alone a footy match. Absolute **** show!

Saw 2 games, in both they really lacked in behind threat and couldn't hurt the opposition backline. No outlet either. Low got it horribly wrong.

Backline was fine, problem was the defensive coverage from midfield, too big of a gap in transition, so exposed. Kroos had donkey partners.

DM with legs & Sane were needed.

Just looking at the permutations if England come first or second in group. if we finish first it will be a lot harder side of the draw going into knockout rounds.

Think Southgate should rest a few as well, but not too many because that kind of destroys the team then.

Looks like Sterling is going to be 'rested'/dropped. Lets hope his replacement plays a blinder so Southgate won't be able to bring back Sterling. Not bothered if it's Rashford or Vardy (although Rashford is possibly the greater threat). No disrespect to Sterling but he has not exactly covered himself in glory with all those misses.

Saw 2 games, in both they really lacked in behind threat and couldn't hurt the opposition backline. No outlet either. Low got it horribly wrong.

Backline was fine, problem was the defensive coverage from midfield, too big of a gap in transition, so exposed. Kroos had donkey partners.

DM with legs & Sane were needed.
The CBs were terrible. No communication, Boateng wondering into CM, huge wide gaps between the 2! Sane would of gave the something different but most likely no end product going off his international career so far. Really don’t think it would of made a difference. They were a mess well before the WC.

Waste of time taking that development squad to the tournament before. To have them prepared for the WC and not to pick any of them after winning the **** thing lol :/

Looks like Sterling is going to be 'rested'/dropped. Lets hope his replacement plays a blinder so Southgate won't be able to bring back Sterling. Not bothered if it's Rashford or Vardy (although Rashford is possibly the greater threat). No disrespect to Sterling but he has not exactly covered himself in glory with all those misses.

true, but he has still got assists, like great bit of interplay between him and Lingard for his goal vs Panama.

VAR proving effective in these very important decisions, there has been some misuse of it as well, but I'm a fan generally.

Colombia all over the shop, can't handle Senegal's pace and athleticism. More I think about it Senegal would probably prove style wise more difficult for England.

I still want Japan though out of the three!

God we are so bad going forward. ******* Stoke plays more sophisticated football.

Back