Russia World Cup 2018

• Thread starter Thread starter zzeezzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 49K
Someone needs to drill the basics of defending into Davinson Sanchez. He cant always rely on recovery pace to correct his mistakes. Otherwise you end up like Gary Cahill absolute rubbish when the legs have gone.

Scored a goal from set-piece and suddenly we're the ones dominating the game.

Funny how a little bit of confidence can change the game in a matter of seconds. Suddenly our wingers are dribbling, midfielders are making forward passes, Lewa is making forward runs at it looks like a proper team.

You can tell this Senegal team really tires in their second half of matches.

You can tell this Senegal team really tires in their second half of matches.

Yeah they're the worst team in the group I think, even if they end up going through. At first they scare you with their speed and athleticism but that's all they have to offer.

Well this is bizarre lol. Both teams just staring at each other, nobody wants to play. Japan are going through on Fair Play Points or something apparently? So they are afraid to lose a goal, and we are comfortable with 1-0 lead. No one is playing. People just exchange sideways passes last 10 minutes.

It's rather embarrassing, I don't know what FIFA were thinking with these qualifying rules.

Well this is bizarre lol. Both teams just staring at each other, nobody wants to play. Japan are going through on Fair Play Points or something apparently? So they are afraid to lose a goal, and we are comfortable with 1-0 lead. No one is playing. People just exchange sideways passes last 10 minutes.

It's rather embarrassing, I don't know what FIFA were thinking with these qualifying rules.

Even more bizarre if it stays like this and Colombia top the group with Japan second, do England and Belgium both have to try and win tonight to top the group knowing they have Japan in last 16? Still Brazil after most likely if you make it but QF's is tough opponent regardless.

The entire stadium booing and whistling lol. I have never seen anything like this.

**** it, England got to try and win tonight/or top the group. Want Japan in last 16, Colombia going to be too tricky and we haven't won a knockout game since 2006! Japan won't be easy but they are the easier opponent out of the two.

Yeah 100% worth trying to win the group. If Colombia finishes second I would have been more debatable but now win tonight and then you get an easier round of 16 game

8 changes apparently for England tonight, not sure if that many was needed but I guess tonights result shall tell.

I think the number of changes belgium are rumoured to make might have influenced Southgate to make an extra couple since their apparently making 10 changes

I think the number of changes belgium are rumoured to make might have influenced Southgate to make an extra couple since their apparently making 10 changes

Yes I guess so, having said that if you look at the other way.... as in Colombia last 16... if you were to beat them... in QF's it is either Switszerland or Sweden as opposed to Brazil or Mexico.

It really is tricky to say which way would be better, but I just take it from the perspective we just spoke about, England need to just concentrate on next game, Japan is easier and we really need to win a knockout game, not winning one since 2006 is awful.

Southgate is managing the media nicely I gotta say.

Southgate is managing the media nicely I gotta say.

best vibes around national team for ages. he deserves credit for that. Still think we haven't been tested at all defensively and may be exposed. But I'm riding on the wave while it keeps going. Football is coming home.... then I woke up.

Japan's pass map in last 10 minutes. Surreal.

DgykE8rXkAA3jLK.jpg

Back