Russia World Cup 2018

The child will no doubt be back if England lose to Belgium.

Oh I expect it, no doubt. Or is it an adult? Hard to tell these days lol.

Will be waiting for the neckbeard. Must be bored of living in his mothers basement lol

In the end you have to say better team went through. Credit to Croatians for turning it around after that awful first half.

Still, I think England will have heroes welcome when they get back home. Went further than anyone could have expected and just narrowly missed World Cup final while playing 10 vs 11 there at the end.

Well said Tyton, credit to Croatia. Our lads looked leggy as the game went on. Think the formation and tactic had a lot to do with that. Midfielders were having to cover so much ground because Croatia were being clever and worked out the weakness of this system, they switched the play constantly.

Rather go out with some dignity than the penalty voodoo all over again that we have also dispelled. All in all no shame, just inexperience and tactics somewhat cost us.

I'm also seeing comments going around that Kane may have been carrying an injury. Will be seeing what comes of that

I'm also seeing comments going around that Kane may have been carrying an injury. Will be seeing what comes of that

A lot of the players looked shot, moreso than Croatia who had obviously played all that extra time in last two rounds.

This 3 at the back system ultimately killed us as midfielders couldn't cope with all that running needed.

Going forward that is what worries me, I don't think this formation is right for the long haul, Good teams like Croatia expose it.

Is Southgate good enough to realise this? I hope.

We would of lost in final, France more prepared, we would of been without key player like Trippier.

Well said Tyton, credit to Croatia. Our lads looked leggy as the game went on. Think the formation and tactic had a lot to do with that. Midfielders were having to cover so much ground because Croatia were being clever and worked out the weakness of this system, they switched the play constantly.

Rather go out with some dignity than the penalty voodoo all over again that we have also dispelled. All in all no shame, just inexperience and tactics somewhat cost us.

Agreed, not only it's the best result in 30 years, but more importantly you've gone out fighting instead of getting humiliated as per England tradition.

And yeah the tactical side was quite interesting, I'm hoping someone does an in-depth analysis. First half Croatia could barely leave their own half because they couldn't contain Sterling. 2nd half they switched things around and started dominating.

Still, it was a pretty close game. I hope Mordic finally gets his Ballon d'Or this year because the man deserves it like nobody else.

Maybe youre right Z but the emotion of losing in such a away has prob got to me. But the tactics were all wrong from the get go, how can we play one player in midfield and match it up against Croatia main strength in the middle. It was suicidal. We wont get a chance as great as this imo, sorry but Colombia and especially Sweden are wank.

Maybe youre right Z but the emotion of losing in such a away has prob got to me. But the tactics were all wrong from the get go, how can we play one player in midfield and match it up against Croatia main strength in the middle. It was suicidal. We wont get a chance as great as this imo, sorry but Colombia and especially Sweden are wank.

I understand emotion and pain soon after the aftermath. I agree tactics cost us, but ultimately it was inexperience and two errors for goals that could of been avoided.

I understand emotion and pain soon after the aftermath. I agree tactics cost us, but ultimately it was inexperience and two errors for goals that could of been avoided.
The Lingard and Alli experiment didn’t work either imo. Didn’t really create enough. Then struggled to control games when things were going against us. Would of had Lingard then one of Loftis or Dier instead.

say what you like about him he got us to world cup semi its a lot more than lot have done b4 him

Roy Keane hit the nail on the head for me. I doubt Germany Spain etc... will be booted out early again. We wont get a chance like this again and thats what ****** me off the most. After the first half croatia were for the taking.

And on top of that, a player of John Stones age who's been mentally switched on for the entire game-well it does catch up to you in ET as that half second of switching off showed. I'm not going to blame him for it though to be honest. At that age in your first massive match on an international stage, you're also going to be burning so much nervous energy. You'll be a wreck in ET and you'll switch off.

All in all as strange as it sounds this will benefit the players for the Euros as hopefully they'll have learnt from mistakes, and they'll be stronger as a unit and we will have adapted our tactics. Like I said earlier, sucks *** to go out now but we will have learnt.

Last edited:
England scored, threw everything at them in the first half, didn't get the second and you were chasing Luka Modric's shadows for the remainder. A scenario that's unlikely to end well.

Fair play to England, creditable tournament and an enjoyable watch. Let's hope Southgate is there for the long haul, as he makes you likable to the neutral, something that's proved difficult with English teams over the years.

Let's hope a Harry Winks or someone young in the shadows comes good, as you could do with a bit of quality in midfield.

England scored, threw everything at them in the first half, didn't get the second and you were chasing Luka Modric's shadows for the remainder. A scenario that's unlikely to end well.

Fair play to England, creditable tournament and an enjoyable watch. Let's hope Southgate is there for the long haul, as he makes you likable to the neutral, something that's proved difficult with English teams over the years.

Let's hope a Harry Winks or someone young in the shadows comes good, as you could do with a bit of quality in midfield.
Cook, Loftus, Winks, got some good young CMs tbh.

I will say one thing as an aside with regards to the TV coverage. ITV was horrible-utterly horrible.

Yeah I ended up switching to an American stream, ITV was insufferable both during the game and in the studio.

****, the Croatian players are going in oO)

Corluka is asked to stop for English press, smiles and just says: "It's not coming home!" Keeps walking.

"English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia tonight and that was a huge mistake. All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying 'ok, today we will see who will be tired" - Modric

Brutally succinct quote from Šime Vrsaljko "The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't. "