Russia World Cup 2018

Meh, it's not like England have peak Scholes to play pretty posession football and open up defenses.

Heck, even Scholes was basically a fluke, you just don't produce that kind of midfielders.

****, the Croatian players are going in oO)

Corluka is asked to stop for English press, smiles and just says: "It's not coming home!" Keeps walking.

"English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia tonight and that was a huge mistake. All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying 'ok, today we will see who will be tired" - Modric

Brutally succinct quote from Šime Vrsaljko "The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't. "
It's easy to say stuff like that when you win. However, there was nothing in Croatia's play to scare the more experienced and tactically savvie French to be honest.

D
Brutally succinct quote from Šime Vrsaljko "The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't. "

We went through you like a knife in butter during first half, if it wasn't for Kane's glaring misses it would of been 2-0 and probably game over inside 30 minutes.

Kinda want France to beat them now, should be a bit more humble as the England team showed a lot of respect before and after/ The media will always be the media and not a lot can be done about that.

Meh, it's not like England have peak Scholes to play pretty posession football and open up defenses.

Heck, even Scholes was basically a fluke, you just don't produce that kind of midfielders.

Think it is changing a lot now and we are producing technically better players than we have. I think all our England youth teams have been pretty much winning major tournaments and there is a lot of good players there if they are allowed to develop.

This is where the problem lies though... most of them will struggle for opportunities and probably won't develop as they should.

But it's still reassuring, we also have players like Leon Bailey and Jayden Sancho who are playing in foreign leagues which is good because more English players should do that.

I actually thought they should be in contention for this World Cup but obviously not.

33% of English players in PL, it's just beyond stupid, we should continue to up the homegrown quota and get more of our lads playing at the highest level.

But it's still reassuring, we also have players like Leon Bailey and Jayden Sancho who are playing in foreign leagues which is good because more English players should do that.

Know what you mean mate but Bailey is Jamaican and isn't eligeble for us

I've been outside briefly this morning and dear god-it's like seeing everybody on their way to a funeral lol.

On the plus side my windows are still intact-I was expecting carnage last night. Silver linings and all that lol

**** so you're right, I'm sure there was talk of him for England before the WC.

Yeah I seem to remember stuff about him having english parents or grandparents that would qualify him but they looked in to it and they weren't haha.

Think he's only played for Jamaica Under 23s or Under 21s

Well unfortunately I think anyone who knows anything about football in a tactical sense, learned from the game yesterday that Southgate is lacking. He's great at man management, motivating and media handling etc.

But tactically it was all wrong, especially in second half we needed to change and stem that tide. Their fullbacks had so much space, the system needed to be changed. He only made subs that had no impact, like for like players. It didn't impact the game at all tactically which it needed.

I thought Steve Holland was more in charge of the system in that regard, but they both didn't spot it seemingly as no changes were made. Everyone else saw it so why didn't they change the system.

That's how it works you see?
You win... Then blow your own trumpet.

Not the other way around ;)
Mind you it's a wonderful thing is hindsight you can say anything you want and everyone believes you ;)

No idea why are Croatians whining about arrogance, seems like they didn't understand that "it's coming home" is a joke about how English media always overhypes their team.

No idea why are Croatians whining about arrogance, seems like they didn't understand that "it's coming home" is a joke about how English media always overhypes their team.

Funny how people don't get the sarcasm and tongue in cheek with that... it's like an England fan parody song at this point we've been singing it in all tournaments. **** even at this one when we beat Tunisia in stoppage time.

Honestly woke up today feeling awful, I mean it was such a golden opportunity and we spurned it. Obviously there are still positives but can only wonder now what might of been. If Kane takes that glaring opportunity in first half to make it 2-0 then I think the game would of been over.

Does anyone know someone who does tattoo removal?My its coming home tattoo looks stupid now.

Leaving on adventures is fun...

but it's coming home... that makes me smile the most...

#TattooFixed.

Leaving on adventures is fun...

but it's coming home... that makes me smile the most...

#TattooFixed.

Hey up wkd, just the man, what about Phil Foden to come into this England midfield eventually in a year or two? How do you rate him and what type of player would you classify him as? How good do you think he can be also if he develops.

Hey up wkd, just the man, what about Phil Foden to come into this England midfield eventually in a year or two? How do you rate him and what type of player would you classify him as? How good do you think he can be also if he develops.

Prob not this season, but lad should defo have an eye on breaking in before the Euros. He's a bit Silva/Bryune ish. Finds space off the left like Silva, but can drive with the ball from deeper like De Bryune. Skys the limit for the lad in that team under that manager.