Russia World Cup 2018

Pogba has to be more consistent for me to be classed world class. Good 2nd half but was chasing shadows in the first.

Spot on and the rumours of him wanting Barça move already kinda just sum him up for me. All the talent in the world but will we ever see him perform like he means it week in week out in United shirt I doubt it. He doesn't have the heart or desire to be United player, Fergie knew. One week he's hot, next week cold.

Perisic was MOTM.

Spot on and the rumours of him wanting Barça move already kinda just sum him up for me. All the talent in the world but will we ever see him perform like he means it week in week out in United shirt I doubt it. He doesn't have the heart or desire to be United player, Fergie knew. One week he's hot, next week cold.

Perisic was MOTM.

Pogba to be given a free role with Busquets & Kante behind him at Barca.. #Christ some lovely footy in there :)

Perisic was MOTM.

I feel like having a go at a player because someone started a rumour he wanted to go is a bit harsh. If I decide to write on twitter that Mbappe wants to join Bognor Regis FC does that mean I can ignore his good football and say he has no desire and just isn't ever going to make it in the game.

Pogba to be given a free role with Busquets & Kante behind him at Barca.. #Christ some lovely footy in there :)

If he wants to go I'd let him go as long as they pay for it and I'd take Rakitic in a heartbeat. Not straight swap obviously.

I feel like having a go at a player because someone started a rumour he wanted to go is a bit harsh. If I decide to write on twitter that Mbappe wants to join Bognor Regis FC does that mean I can ignore his good football and say he has no desire and just isn't ever going to make it in the game.

I'm not ignoring his good football, but he hasn't done it for United consistent enough and I don't think he will ever do it for United as much as we all want. That's my honest opinion. That's not me saying he won't produce it elsewhere. Just I question his real desire to achieve at United.

This conversation stared from Rhqw saying he's world class, he's allowed that opinion but saying it after this game just isn't right.

No one played that well for France today, apart from the referee. Croatia outplayed them nearly all game.

I'm not ignoring his good football, but he hasn't done it for United consistent enough and I don't think he will ever do it for United as much as we all want. That's my honest opinion. That's not me saying he won't produce it elsewhere. Just I question his real desire to achieve at United.

This conversation stared from Rhqw saying he's world class, he's allowed that opinion but saying it after this game just isn't right.

No one played that well for France today, apart from the referee. Croatia outplayed them nearly all game.
Tbh he could of just gone to Madrid. He’s showed plenty of desire since he’s been here. No doubt at all he can do better. Tbh who did really perform for us on a consistent basis for Utd? Matic, Lukaku, DDG that’s about it it. Even then Lukaku and Matic has lulls during the season. To me he is just in between top class and world class. He’s defo been the later this tournament.

Hes shown for us he can be with moments of magic and the performance against City away. To me I put it more down to the team and how Mourinho can get the best of of it/them. After this summer he will have no excuses! We are shipping out dead wood. Have top class potential coming back into the squad. And already a team of top players. This is effectively the last of his 3yr rebuild of getting his squad exactly how he wants it. He got Fred to complete and tie our CM together. And signed Dalot one of the most highly rated FBs to faze out Valencia during the season. Now he needs to finish it off in the remaining 3 and a bit weeks.

Tbh desire is the last thing I would Question about Pogba.

Last edited:
Tbh he could of just gone to Madrid. He’s showed plenty of desire since he’s been here. No doubt at all he can do better. Tbh who did really perform for us on a consistent basis for Utd? Matic, Lukaku, DDG that’s about it it. Even then Lukaku and Matic has lulls during the season. To me he is just in between top class and world class. He’s defo been the later this tournament.

Hes shown for us he can be with moments of magic and the performance against City away. To me I put it more down to the team and how Mourinho can get the best of of it/them. After this summer he will have no excuses! We are shipping out dead wood. Have top class potential coming back into the squad. And already a team of top players. This is effectively the last of his 3yr rebuild of getting his squad exactly how he wants it. He got Fred to complete and tie our CM together. And signed Dalot one of the most highly rated FBs to faze out Valencia during the season. Now he needs to finish it off in the remaining 3 and a bit weeks.

I agree with this for the most part, lets not get it wrong he has had a good World Cup but I do think people are over egging it a bit. He's a great player on his day, but is he really in that bracket to say he's world class? Like you say not yet... he's just a way short because he doesn't do it consistently enough.

I do question still whether he really fancies it at United or whether his heart is to go elsewhere, but that's just my opinion and I agree with everything else you said.

For the record I hope Pogba proves me wrong next season and has a blinder, like you say he'll have no excuses now.

Anyway, FIFA needs to seriously rethink the handball rule. 90% of pens I see nowadays are clearly unintentional by the defending team. Powerful cross comes in, people jump to it. Ball bounces at an awkward angle and hits somebody in the arm they were using to balance while in the air or to fight for position. It gets called simply because of ambiguity in the rules. Technically they might be correct calls, but they distort the result.

I don't even blame today's ref, he was put in a ****** position where he basically had to flip a coin. There's a clear handball, there's a clear movement of hand towards the ball, but then Perisic has absolutely no reason to do it on purpose.

There's a reason ref took so long to make up his mind. He was obviously worried about his career and decided for the safer option where it's better to **** off poor country of 4 million people than a country of 60 million people and a lot of power in FIFA.

I said he was world class because he's world class, not because he had a good performance in the final to top of a fine World Cup campaign. He was world class for Juventus, he's world class for France, Stevie Wonder could see the common denominator... but I prefer not to speak, if I speak I am in big trouble.

[video=youtube;Yza2wHZgW3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yza2wHZgW3o[/video]

It appears the band ***** Riot are claiming responsibility for the pitch invasion, citiing political reasons for doing it.

I suspect they're in for a hefty time in the slammers.