Ryo Miyaichi to join Arsenal in January

He's not 12 Calum... He's like 18. Every club buys young players all the time, Man City just signed Assulin for example... This was also agreed a long time ago but he's had a broken leg or summat.

He'll be ready in a couple of years and until then we can monitor his progress.
if I'm Assulin (and I want to play, not just earn money), I'll never come in City.. - yes, I'm 18 and very good prospect for te future, but is that worth, when club like this will buy hundred players who is now better than me?!

Lol XD But Asulin is a much better player IMO and he will just take the place of one our English Talents (JET and RYS MURPHY)

How would you know that he is definately a much better player as you have never seen Miyaichi play other than that short youtube video.

Lol XD But Asulin is a much better player IMO and he will just take the place of one our English Talents (JET and RYS MURPHY)

Have you ever seen either Assulin or Miyaichi play? (Youtube videos don't count)

Rhys Murphy is *****, and he doesn't have to replace one of them...

never heard of this guy before. hopfully he will turn out to a good player.

As a big Japan fan, I watched all three of Miyaichi's matches in the u17 World Cup. Coming into the tournament, I'd never heard of him. By the end, I thought he was probably Japan's most impressive player. He didn't look out of place against Neymar, Coutinho, etc.

From what I saw, he's very much so a hit the byline and cross type of winger. Very direct and speedy.

Personally, though, I think Arsenal is a very bad move for the Miyaichi. The thing to remember is that he hasn't spent a single day in a pro club -- Arsenal will be his first. There's a huge difference between acquiring a kid straight out of high school and a player like Kagawa who, at 21, had significant J League experience before moving to Germany.

Combined with the difficulty of adjusting to a completely different culture, I think Miyaichi is being overambitious. Even if he had the talent of Kagawa or Honda, he won't get the quality first team minutes to develop that he would get in Japan.

From Arsenal's perspective, this is undoubtedly a no-risk move. One thing that I think English fans put too much stock in, though, is the commercial angle. When Inamoto came to Arsenal, professional football had existed in Japan for less than 10 years and there were very few examples of successful Japanese players in Europe. Nowadays, virtually the entire national team plays overseas and the Japanese market is more mature. While Japanese fans will root for their overseas players, Miyaichi isn't going to sell a lot of shirts until he has some first team success.

A more recent video of Miyaichi in the national high school tournament:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1r8hJr7f6k"]YouTube - 宮市亮 Ryo Miyaichi[/ame]

Anyone else find the crowd at them games very strange haha. I'm sure Wenger knows what hes doing, look forward to seeing him play.

Nice post there mate. Good to get a view of him from Japan.

I think, despite him not having a huge amount of experience it could still be a good move for both parties.

He had a trial, so Wenger has been able to see him alongside other Arsenal players - obviously he isn't going to be a hit immediately, but as long as there isn't a whole load of media pressure on him like there was Walcott he should be a good player. He also had a trial with Ajax, so that's two of the best youth academies in the world, traditionally. He clearly has something that has impressed scouts and I don't think Wenger takes a lot of risks - They're all carefully thought out IMO but I don't know what goes on!

lol.

Vela is ***** tbh, Bendtner and Walcott are hardly "young" by Arsenal standards anymore, and aren't even that good. He can also play on the wing or behind the striker. JET is a completely different player, so it's good to have both. Btw, just to add to that, Wellington Silva is coming in January - A brazilian ST, although that might fall through due to Work Permit problems.

Vela is a quality striker. He just doesn't play nearly enough. When he was on loan in Spain he was magnificent, a true gem. Bendtner and Walcott aren't young for Arsenal, but they're still young strikers who will be playing for 10+ years. JET is different, but he's a striker first and foremost. That is his natural position. He can play on the wing and even in defence I believe, but his natural position is a striker.

My point was that unless Wenger is planning on offloading one or more of these, I don't see when he'd play as these 4 usually play in the cup games, meaning one of them would have to get dropped from the side completely.

Walcott, Vela and Bendtner are all full internationals and regulars in the national squads, JET isn't but JET is probably the brightest young star you have coming through the ranks (after Wilshere of course). I just don't see where he'll get the games for people to pass judgement. Yes he'll get reserve games, but if he's as big in his country as people are saying he is/will be, then surely he'll want to be playing international football, and he won't get selected playing reserve matches.

To be fair there is not much pointing posting youtube videos.

1. Hes playing in a **** standard of division.

2. Eric Djemba Djemba could look good on youtube. you will just have to wait and see.

lol.

Vela is ***** tbh, Bendtner and Walcott are hardly "young" by Arsenal standards anymore, and aren't even that good. He can also play on the wing or behind the striker. JET is a completely different player, so it's good to have both. Btw, just to add to that, Wellington Silva is coming in January - A brazilian ST, although that might fall through due to Work Permit problems.

I agree, I'm not Vela's biggest fan. He's quite a bit over-rated. Next Eduardo I believe he was labelled, I expect not, at this moment in time he's not at all clinical and can only seem to score by lobbing the keeper :/

if wenger thinks hes got talent he will do, and if theres one manager who can make young playersblossom and reach full potential if wenger,
song
fabregas
traore
clichy
sagna
rvp
gibbs
denilson

Vela is a quality striker. He just doesn't play nearly enough. When he was on loan in Spain he was magnificent, a true gem. Bendtner and Walcott aren't young for Arsenal, but they're still young strikers who will be playing for 10+ years. JET is different, but he's a striker first and foremost. That is his natural position. He can play on the wing and even in defence I believe, but his natural position is a striker.

My point was that unless Wenger is planning on offloading one or more of these, I don't see when he'd play as these 4 usually play in the cup games, meaning one of them would have to get dropped from the side completely.

Walcott, Vela and Bendtner are all full internationals and regulars in the national squads, JET isn't but JET is probably the brightest young star you have coming through the ranks (after Wilshere of course). I just don't see where he'll get the games for people to pass judgement. Yes he'll get reserve games, but if he's as big in his country as people are saying he is/will be, then surely he'll want to be playing international football, and he won't get selected playing reserve matches.

Are you serious? Have you ever watched Vela play for more than one game? He's nowhere near quality, if he was - Wenger would play him, I'm sure.

He's so one-dimensional, run off the shoulder of the last defender and try and lob the keeper. OK, it looks good when he does it but he misses a lot of good chances too. He was shocking against Wigan particularly, having two or three clear cut chances himself and missing them all or miscontrolling the ball.

Anyway, this isn't about Vela... JET is different because he's big and physical, and can play on the wing. We have Benik Afobe too, who should be excellent, and Chuks Aneke (The three of them play as Nasri/Arshavin/RVP in the reserves). Miyaichi is younger than Bendtner, who really isn't that good and Walcott who is more of a winger atm. I don't want him to be playing international football at 17/18 - his potential will be ruined by the pressure on him like Walcott's has been. I don't anyone knows that much about him apart from people in Japan maybe and Arsenal's scouts etc. we're just looking forward to seeing him. ****, it's not like we're signing an unknown portuguese striker for £7 million when our manager has never seen him play..

Haha hey girl´s, that was just a joke with a little of sarcasm, don´t take it so serious XD