Ryo Miyaichi to join Arsenal in January

Haha hey girl´s, that was just a joke with a little of sarcasm, don´t take it so serious XD
Let me make it very clear. Jokes about people's race aren't acceptable on the forum.

hope he turns out good but could be a piece of marketing business, you have to take into account the quality of players he is facing in the videos. he will remain an unknown quantity of talent until he gets a few games in the reserves then i think it will be judgement time for me

fair enough lets just keep the forum to football chat as it should be with no comments that maybe innapropriate or offensive in any way

fair enough lets just keep the forum to football chat as it should be with no comments that maybe innapropriate or offensive in any way
couldnt have said it any better.

Lets keep to the topic at hand

Quite interested to see what the lad is like, there was a lot of chat about him before he picked up is injury

thnk you mike, and i agree as i said earlier if wenger has seen smething in him he should develop into a good footballer

Looks like an exciting prospect.
Will be interesting to see how he fears in the reserves. Hopefully he fits right in and can be a star in a few years :) Plus, if he plays a few times for us, our marketablilty in Japan goes up ten-fold.

arsenal should buy some players who might win them something in the next year or two instead of always buying players to win stuff a few years on which thyve been doing for years and got nowhere :)

arsenal should buy some players who might win them something in the next year or two instead of always buying players to win stuff a few years on which thyve been doing for years and got nowhere :)
That's Wenger :p
Arsenal are a club for young players and Wenger are keep building for the future.

Are you serious? Have you ever watched Vela play for more than one game? He's nowhere near quality, if he was - Wenger would play him, I'm sure.

He's so one-dimensional, run off the shoulder of the last defender and try and lob the keeper. OK, it looks good when he does it but he misses a lot of good chances too. He was shocking against Wigan particularly, having two or three clear cut chances himself and missing them all or miscontrolling the ball.

Anyway, this isn't about Vela... JET is different because he's big and physical, and can play on the wing. We have Benik Afobe too, who should be excellent, and Chuks Aneke (The three of them play as Nasri/Arshavin/RVP in the reserves). Miyaichi is younger than Bendtner, who really isn't that good and Walcott who is more of a winger atm. I don't want him to be playing international football at 17/18 - his potential will be ruined by the pressure on him like Walcott's has been. I don't anyone knows that much about him apart from people in Japan maybe and Arsenal's scouts etc. we're just looking forward to seeing him. ****, it's not like we're signing an unknown portuguese striker for £7 million when our manager has never seen him play..

Is that not exactly what Michael Owen used to do? Run off the last defender and score. Fair enough Vela doesn't score as much as he should, but if he got a good run in the first team, then I'm sure he'll build confidence and start slotting them away. There's a reason he's first choice for his national team..

Bendtner isn't young, but he's young enough to be a striker for 10+ years more. Walcott is a striker, it's quite clear he's a striker considering he can't cross and his dribbling is pretty poor for a 'winger'. He's a good finisher and makes good runs. Definitely a striker.

My point about the international football was that in 2 years he'll be 20. If he's as good as everyone in his home country is making him out to be, then surely he'll be in contention for the national team? In which case, he'll want to be playing first team football to get selected.

I'm not saying he will 100% fail and move on in 2 years, but in my opinion he won't play as much as he would like to, and will likely move on in 2/3 years. Don't know how long the contract is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was 2/3 years and he left for free at the end of it.

Also, what has Bebe got to do with this exactly?....

Is that not exactly what Michael Owen used to do? Run off the last defender and score. Fair enough Vela doesn't score as much as he should, but if he got a good run in the first team, then I'm sure he'll build confidence and start slotting them away. There's a reason he's first choice for his national team..

Bendtner isn't young, but he's young enough to be a striker for 10+ years more. Walcott is a striker, it's quite clear he's a striker considering he can't cross and his dribbling is pretty poor for a 'winger'. He's a good finisher and makes good runs. Definitely a striker.

My point about the international football was that in 2 years he'll be 20. If he's as good as everyone in his home country is making him out to be, then surely he'll be in contention for the national team? In which case, he'll want to be playing first team football to get selected.

I'm not saying he will 100% fail and move on in 2 years, but in my opinion he won't play as much as he would like to, and will likely move on in 2/3 years. Don't know how long the contract is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was 2/3 years and he left for free at the end of it.

Also, what has Bebe got to do with this exactly?....

Yeah, it is exactly what Owen did. But Owen was intelligent, and could finish. Vela isn't and can't. Maybe you're right about first team football meaning more goals, but Wenger won't play him on the basis that he might get a goal or two rather than Chamakh or RVP who he knows can hit the back regularly.

I doubt Bendtner will be at the club in 10+ years time, he keeps talking about wanting FT football and clubs are interested, and he's a different player to both Walcott and Miyaichi, he's big and more physical - it's always good to have different kinds of players at the club. Walcott may naturally be a striker, but atm he's playing on the wing when he plays at all. I have to emphasise for the umpteenth time that he;s versatile and can play AMC or on the wing so having too many strikers may not be a problem anyway, I'm sure Wenger has thought about that - he doesn't just buy random players because they play well a couple of times without thinking about whether they'll fit in/get a place in the team in the future.

2 years is a long time (long enough, I mean) for a footballer to settle in and show his worth. Tbh, i've not heard anything from Japan other than what that guy posted in this thread but in 2 years time he may well be good enough for the first team. If Walcott as around 20 can break into it and Wilshere can then hopefully he can too if he does well in the reserves.

Tbh, we don't know how good he is, and thus can't really make judgements on whether he'll break into the first team when he's 18, 20 or 37 or whether he'll get any time. I don't expect Vela and Bendtner to be around for 10+ years, or especially long at all, not that I don't like them/want them to go...

Bebe is relevant because it's a little hypocritical saying this signing is a risk because we have too many strikers and he'll find it difficult to break into the FT, when Man U signed Bebe for £7m with Owen, Berba, Rooney, Hernandez, Obertan, Welbeck, Macheda, Diouf and probably decent strikers in the reserves. Surely that presents a bigger risk? I don't know, maybe that's irrelevant, I'm just trying to put into context.

I hope he'll be good, but I don't want all the media swarming around him saying he's the next big thing and he'll be incredible and all this stuff that surrounded players like Walcott.

Never heard of this guy, but Wenger is an incredibly smart man and he has done this a thousand times before, so I fully expect to see him tearing the EPL up in a few years. :)

Never heard of this guy, but Wenger is an incredibly smart man and he has done this a thousand times before, so I fully expect to see him tearing the EPL up in a few years. :)

Good to hear some optimism! ;)

The next Park Chu Young. Of course I've never seen Park Chu Young, but he's good on FM (;.
Maybe this kid'll be like when Wenger signed Fabregas, and become world class, :L.
You can't say it won't happen, you can say it may not happen, but you could get proven wrong.
:]

Yeah, it is exactly what Owen did. But Owen was intelligent, and could finish. Vela isn't and can't. Maybe you're right about first team football meaning more goals, but Wenger won't play him on the basis that he might get a goal or two rather than Chamakh or RVP who he knows can hit the back regularly.

I doubt Bendtner will be at the club in 10+ years time, he keeps talking about wanting FT football and clubs are interested, and he's a different player to both Walcott and Miyaichi, he's big and more physical - it's always good to have different kinds of players at the club. Walcott may naturally be a striker, but atm he's playing on the wing when he plays at all. I have to emphasise for the umpteenth time that he;s versatile and can play AMC or on the wing so having too many strikers may not be a problem anyway, I'm sure Wenger has thought about that - he doesn't just buy random players because they play well a couple of times without thinking about whether they'll fit in/get a place in the team in the future.

2 years is a long time (long enough, I mean) for a footballer to settle in and show his worth. Tbh, i've not heard anything from Japan other than what that guy posted in this thread but in 2 years time he may well be good enough for the first team. If Walcott as around 20 can break into it and Wilshere can then hopefully he can too if he does well in the reserves.

Tbh, we don't know how good he is, and thus can't really make judgements on whether he'll break into the first team when he's 18, 20 or 37 or whether he'll get any time. I don't expect Vela and Bendtner to be around for 10+ years, or especially long at all, not that I don't like them/want them to go...

Bebe is relevant because it's a little hypocritical saying this signing is a risk because we have too many strikers and he'll find it difficult to break into the FT, when Man U signed Bebe for £7m with Owen, Berba, Rooney, Hernandez, Obertan, Welbeck, Macheda, Diouf and probably decent strikers in the reserves. Surely that presents a bigger risk? I don't know, maybe that's irrelevant, I'm just trying to put into context.

I hope he'll be good, but I don't want all the media swarming around him saying he's the next big thing and he'll be incredible and all this stuff that surrounded players like Walcott.

I'm not saying Wenger should and will play him, but if he did I'm sure he'd start finding the back of the net more regularly. People who play the odd game are bound to miss and not score regularly because they're not playing regularly. Look at Macheda. We all know he has the ability to score goals, but when he plays in the League Cup he rarely does score because he's not used to playing 90 minutes.

Also, I think there was a misunderstanding with the whole 10+ years thing. I'm not saying that he will be at Arsenal for 10 more years, I'm saying that there age means they can play football for another 10+ years meaning there's potential for them to stay at Arsenal for that length of time, meaning they'll be ahead of Miyaichi in the pecking order (unless he's amazing and scores bags of goals when he plays for the first team).

The fact Walcott is already an established member of the first team squad at the Emirates to me says that if there was a striker crisis he'd get the chance ahead of JET and Miyaichi to play there because he's already established and he's more than capable of playing there.

I never said Bebe wasn't a risk, in fact if you go to the thread about it I said to give him a chance before branding him a flop. I'm not saying that Miyaichi will be a flop I'm saying that his chances will be slim whereas Bebe can play everywhere (as in both wings, behind the striker and up front). I don't think it's relevant.

My point about Miyaichi is that although he obviously has talent and is still young, I think the club he is it already have a lot of options for the future in his position meaning he has a lot more work to do to break through, as well as settle in a brand new country/environment and learn a new language etc.

I think we need to agree to disagree as we're both basing our arguments of years into the future when we don't really know much about the player in question. I see your points and accept them, but I have opinion and I don't see me changing it much.

Good discussion though Joss :)