Ryo Miyaichi to join Arsenal in January

Vela has only one foot that's his problem. He once like 3/4 players and when he had to finish he couldnt do it because he had to finish with his right foot. Plus he's an *******. This guy looks fairly promissing though.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like anything special tbh, typical flair player with no direction. Needs a lot of guidance to amount to anything, doubt he will ever reach the standard of Nasri or Wilshire. These two will become world class when they reach 22-23 imo. I think they just did this transfer to sell Arsenal merchandise in Japan, Man Utd did it with Dong Fangzhuo that Chinese player to make their products more popular and sellable in China. I highly doubt this guy will break into the first team anytime soon, I think Wellington Silva will be the next big thing to break out of the Arsenal youth academy after he arrives and get's loaned out etc. I've seen so many young players emerge from youth teams yet they don't amount to anything I hope I'm wrong about this young Japanese player though. Freddy Adu probably would have been the biggest thing out of football if we are talking about raw talent but the guy had no tactical knowledge or direction when on the pitch which is probably why he isn't as hyped as he was a few years back.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that Miyaichi will be a flop I'm saying that his chances will be slim whereas Bebe can play everywhere (as in both wings, behind the striker and up front). I don't think it's relevant.

So can Myaichi from what I've heard and what I tried to say!

I think we need to agree to disagree as we're both basing our arguments of years into the future when we don't really know much about the player in question. I see your points and accept them, but I have opinion and I don't see me changing it much.

Good discussion though Joss :)

Fair enough. Good, clean discussion (Y)

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Doesn't look like anything special tbh, typical flair player with no direction. Needs a lot of guidance to amount to anything, doubt he will ever reach the standard of Nasri or Wilshire. These two will become world class when they reach 22-23 imo. I think they just did this transfer to sell Arsenal merchandise in Japan, Man Utd did it with Dong Fangzhuo that Chinese player to make their products more popular and sellable in China. I highly doubt this guy will break into the first team anytime soon, I think Wellington Silva will be the next big thing to break out of the Arsenal youth academy after he arrives and get's loaned out etc. I've seen so many young players emerge from youth teams yet they don't amount to anything I hope I'm wrong about this young Japanese player though. Freddy Adu probably would have been the biggest thing out of football if we are talking about raw talent but the guy had no tactical knowledge or direction when on the pitch which is probably why he isn't as hyped as he was a few years back.

I don't really think you can say from a couple of youtube clips that he's a "ypical flair player with no direction"

Silva has to go on loan for a while before he can get his work permit. Arsenal are appealing but it was turned down despite being promised. All off topic though!

If Wenger has seen this guy himself and decided; "oh! this guy has something, lets sign him!", then obviously the kid has something.
All the best to the lad, I hope he becomes an Asian superstar in the future.

Sorry for bumping this, but for Arsenal fans/anyone interested, there's an Arsenal Youth Blog called YoungGunsBlog which gives unrivalled coverage of all the youth stuff basically including articles on transfers like Miyaichi and Silva - http://younggunsblog.co.uk/

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:21 PM ----------

He's also an Arshavin style player - Right footed Left Winger

I would sign the kid who played the ball for the 2nd goal, that was ******* smex!

No he hasn't.

He ran 10.84. The is 10.30. Massive difference if they were actually racing.

Wenger has a keen eye for talent we all know this, Henry, Van Persie, Veira, Vela, Clichy....
Remember also he's managed in Japan for a while, he's probably got a few contacts out there so no doubt he'll know who's the rising stars. Well played by Mr Wenger if the lad turns out to be half as good as say Keisuke Honda etc.

Can't wait to see him play for Arsenal, I am sure he can learn a lot from various of players within the team.

Seems to have he feet on the ground

Arsenal's new signing Ryo Miyaichi is unconcerned by comparisons to Cristiano Ronaldo and is confident he will make an impact at the club.

Manager Arsene Wenger decided to sign the gifted Japanese youngster last month after an impressive trial period over the summer.

18-year-old Miyaichi has represented his country at youth level and is a highly-regarded prospect. The winger, who is lightning quick, has already prompted comparisons to Arsenal legend Thierry Henry and Real Madrid star Ronaldo.

Miyaichi however, has shrugged off such praise, insisting he is still a raw player.

"I don't feel pressured (by the comparisons) but I know in myself that I have nowhere near the talent of such great players as Cristiano Ronaldo and Thierry Henry," he told Kyodo News. "I just have to do my best to one day come close to being the kind of players they are."

The Gunners’ previous Japanese import, Junichi Inamoto, failed to make a single league appearance in the team but Miyaichi has vowed to succeed where his compatriot failed.

He added: "I'm confident I have the ability to penetrate defenses over there and hopefully I'll be given the marks that I am looking for.

"I just have to go there and give it a shot, compete and hopefully one day I will be standing on the pitch at Emirates Stadium."

Miyaichi already has the backing of Wenger, after the Frenchman revealed his delight at his acquisition.

Wenger said: "I look forward to helping him fulfill his potential here at Arsenal."

Cristiano Ronaldo? Doubt it very much, hope I'm wrong though. If he's going to turn out that good everybody'll be raving about him. Again, hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. I'm thinking maybe Junichi Inamoto?

Yes... WTF? How wasn't that a straight red? :S

I've seen UFC fighters go in softer than that!

Ball is on the floor, and its after he has played the pass, guy comes in with arms up high to his face. Yellow makes no sense at all! Would have still been a dodgy decision if the ball was head hight and they were both going for it.

On the ground like that, red for sure!