Amazing win their for ajax, even better to beat most of your old clubs along the way, amazing a couple of seasons back their where 5 of the last 8 in the Champions League were Fergie made sides!

FINALLY! Good to see you knock Man Utd and Marsielle out on route this year! Where next?

UCL 2081/82

View attachment 40938

A perfect group stage for the reigning champions.

First Knockout Round

View attachment 40937

Disaster!!

The defending champions are gone after the first knockout stage. We have the best Dutch defenders money can buy. Sadly they aren't all that good! An area we need some Ajax youngsters to come through ASAP

DOMESTIC

Another unbeaten season and the prestigious FIFA Club Cup in the cabinet.

View attachment 40936

View attachment 40935

UCL 2082/83

View attachment 40934

First Knockout Round

Our punishment for failing to top the group is a trip to the Sir Alex Ferguson Park and Manchester United...

View attachment 40933

An edgy affair at the Johan Cruijff Arena but it was anything but at the SAF Park in a 9 goal thriller. Scoring 6 at my former ground is up there among my best results ever.

Quarter Final

View attachment 40932

Another encounter with the ex. This is becoming a regular occurrence now. We are on the right side of two 3-1 victories to secure a semi final spot.

View attachment 40931

When we are hot we are HOT!!

Barcelona, with ex-Ajax player Jose Gomes, were blown away at the Camp Nou and we saw the job off at home with a 3-0 victory.

Another Final!!

View attachment 40927
A 'home' final. I'm still haunted by losing the UCL Final at the Sir Alex Ferguson Park all those years ago. That was to PSG. Please not again..

View attachment 40925

View attachment 40926

I was a bit anxious before the final but we put on an unbelievable showing for the Johan Cruijff Arena spectators with a 6 - 0 drubbing of PSG!

DOMESTIC

View attachment 40924

A poor league campaign by our high standards as we lose 3 games, the first defeat ending a 108 game unbeaten run!

Perhaps we should have expected a less consistent campaign after selling over £80m worth of talent during the season. Some players were aged 30+ and I was happy to let go. Others went to China for £200,000 a week wages and I don't blame them!

View attachment 40923

As a result some youngster got more first team involvement this season..

View attachment 40922

View attachment 40917

Fresh from a second UCL title in three years I made the decision to resign after a trophy-laden spell in charge of Ajax.

View attachment 40918

Aside from winning the Champions League my long term aim with Ajax was to do a Youth Team only challenge where I make no signings and rely entirely on the youth team graduates. However, I was only getting one or two graduates each season and sometimes they were 2 or 3 star potentials. I think this is due to me not having the Dutch leagues loaded from the start of the game. If I want to do this challenge correctly I will have to start it as a new save which I may do later.

At least the Dutch-only policy allowed me to get to 100% domestic player bias.

View attachment 40915

As I wait for the next stage of my career the man Ajax appoint to replace me is seemingly copying my career as I did with Sir Alex Ferguson.

He is a former Steaua Bucharest and Hamburg manager!

View attachment 40916

Congrats on your 108 game unbeaten run!
So how do you make your save sim quicker?

Congrats on your 108 game unbeaten run!
So how do you make your save sim quicker?

I play Touch and load only the leagues needed. Usually the one I'm playing and the one I want to go to next.

Instant result and holiday in between matches. I basically play FM18 as a Director of Football :D

Interesting choice! I've never managed in South Africa on FM so will be watching with interest

ILoveLamp i deleted it and cant seem to get it back on my computer will you teach me how to get it back?
Its FM Touch 2018

Last edited:
Incredible the amount of effort that has gone into this and the previous thread. Superb

South African 2083/84 Playoff

We go into a mini league playoff. Two teams from the First Division and one team from the Premier Soccer League. Winner takes all.

Matchday One

View attachment 40642

Matchday Two

View attachment 40641

Matchday Three

View attachment 40640

View attachment 40639

Well, that was much easier than expected! We have a decent team. Our run to the semi final of the Cup proves that but playoffs can be a bit of a lottery. One poor result or referee decision and you can be out. However we finish with a 100% record and secure our place in the Premier League.

Aims for next season will be high. No relegation battle here. We want Champions League football as soon as possible.