SaintMotbot's Platinum League Chairman Game.

SaintMotbot

Reaction score
Welcome one and all, to the Platinum League Chairman Game!!

The Idea is simple. European Football has been completely changed and merged into one giant competition structure with teams from all around the Europe competing in the Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze Leagues. You are going to have to have your wits about you as you face the best clubs in the world on a weekly basis and manage huge sums of moneys!

The Platinum League is made up of 16 clubs with the bottom four teams being relegated. There is a special League Cup competition to run alongside but there is no Champions League.

As a gesture of good will, all injuries will be wiped from Platinum League clubs at the beginning of the game.

Warning - This game is only for people who have time to play and are willing to post press releases and game updates. If more than two game months pass without an update being offered by your team/chairman then you will be removed from the game and your place offered to somebody else.

Please either PM me or email [email protected] to contact me about the game or to give me transfers or updates to do to the game.

(Credit must go to PJuanico14 from FM Scout for the creation of this league system)

A few quick notes on the league!!

1) There are no home grown player rules

2) Clubs are awarded money for wins and draws throughout the season which should add a nice bank balance bonus

3) Clubs with a smaller starting bank balance will be given a bit of a boost to help start the game off so dont worry about picking a smaller team!

RULES

(Most of this has been copied from Disclaimer89's and Rishmanisations versions. Sorry guys!)

1) To sign up you must have a copy of FM16. This is because I will be running my game on FM16 and so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) *This is really important* If you join you agree to put some effort into your press releases. If you won't be able to spare a few minutes to write a proper post then don't sign up.

3) You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates and follow the rules of the game. Failure to be active or repeatedly violating the rules of the game will see you being removed from it.

4) Before joining, read ALL of the rules posted below and make sure you understand ALL of the rules.

5) Lastly, remember guys, it is only a game..

General

1) You may sack your manager, or any other member of staff, at any time. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.

2) If you are relegated you MAY take control of a promoted team.

3) Only realistic managerial appointments will be allowed, so it is not possible to being Pep Guardiola to Burnley. HOWEVER you may be unrealistic with other players managers(C2C -eg Mourinho to Burnley) IF you can agree a sum with the other player.

What is a realistic managerial appointment?: The reputation of the manager CANNOT be higher than the reputation of your team.

4) Signing a manager from another team will require you to pay a compensation value of the remainder of their contract. the new managers wage will be his current wage he was on plus 25% If it is a human controlled team you must agree a compensation fee. If you wish to promote from within then the unemployed rules apply. If the manager you wish to sign is unemployed, here is the key:

Worldwide: Your current managers wage x3
Continental x2.5
National and below x2

5) You may set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, (for your AI manager) but if you put them too high you run the risk of your club having financial problems in the future, so I advise against going too high.

6) I may allow stadiums to be upgraded in future seasons, but not initially (definitely not for the first season). Any upgrades done will come directly out of your bank balance.

7) I will be uploading the save game file every transfer window. The results/updates will be posted on the thread (monthly- game time).

2) Transfers

NOTE: This part is very important!

First of all:
There are 3 different types of Signings:
-C2C (Chairman to Chairman): Basically signings within the Platinum League from clubs controlled by other chairman.

-FGN (Foreign): Signing players from clubs not in the Platinum League.

-FREE (Free signings) Out of contract players

These are all explained in detail below

1) To sign a player from another team in your league you must contact the Chairman of that club and agree a value with them. You can then calculate their wage using one of the rules below.
Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount, showing you have agreed the transfer/loan, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer.

2) The number of players that you can sign is limited to the following:

C2C
Transfers between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Loans between clubs in the league - 2

FGN
Transfers from foreign clubs - Unlimited
Loans from foreign clubs - 2

FREE
Free signings - 3 per season

Only 1 player can be loaned from any specific team. (for example you can't loan 3 Man City players. You can however sign 3 Man City players permanently.)

3) The price of players is as follows:

Transfers between clubs in the league - Agreed between Chairmen

Transfers from foreign clubs - 2 times the players current value, or current value if the player is unhappy or listed as not needed. Players may also be bought for their contract release clause or transfer listed price.

4) Loan fees have been simplified from the last game:

-C2C(chairman to chairman) a loan may be agreed , set at 100% covered. There will be no loan fee(for eg. Nani loaned to spurs 100% wages and 4mil loan fee for the season not valid)

-FGN(foreign) loans are set at 100% wages
A loan fee of £250k will be taken and 100% of wages must be covered.

Note: To sign FGN/DOM/U18 players on loan, the player needs to either be unhappy at his current club or has a squad status of Rotation or below.

5) Free Signings - PM/Email me the player that you want to sign on a free transfer and a contract offer. If more than one person is interested in the same player, the highest contract wins. (Please try and keep it realistic, Ronaldo for £1 a week will not be allowed.)

7) You may release any players from their contract at any time, but will have to pay the remainder of their contract to do so.

8) If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairmen in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, this does not guarantee that they will be sold however.

Wages

(Wages for players in a C2C transfer remain frozen)

1) This is quite complicated, so please read it carefully.

Player aged 18 of less - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 2 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - 1.5 times current wage

The Transfer Draft!

With all of the top players all at Chairman owned clubs, there is the possibility that nobody will want to buy or sell players as Chairman wont want to sell. To keep things fresh, an end of season draft will be introduced which will work in the following way.

1. At the end of the season, each team will get three free players which they can select from any team in the Platinum League.

2. Before anybody panics, every team will be able to select five key players that are immune to the draft.

3. To stop any one club being completely raided, a maximum of three players will leave one team in any one draft. (for example, if draft picks 1, 2 and 3 all pick Barcelona players, you are out of luck and will have to chose from another team).

4. The order of the draft will be determined by the predicted finish in the season preview, with the worst club getting the first draft pick and working backwards from there.

5. A player cannot be moved more than once in a single draft.

6. All players moved in the draft will be transferred with 100% wages, so please keep in mind if you can afford the player or not!

7. The draft will take place after promoted clubs have been taken over by relegated chairman.

8. The draft will take place before the summer transfer window opens so you will have plenty of time to fill any holes left in your squad.

Without further ado, here are the teams that will be competing in the first annual Platinum League!!

TeamFM Base userLink to profileOwner
ArsenalGrianaigView Profile: grianaig - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsHRH Queen Elizabeth II
Atleticomark1reeveView Profile: mark1reeve - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsEnrique Iglesias
ChelseaSzygerView Profile: Szyger - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsKanye West
BenficaMurleyView Profile: Murley - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsMurley
FC BarcelonaMatt419View Profile: Matt419 - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & Tips
FC BayernAW190View Profile: AW190 - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsKatie Hopkins
RomaIndiblueView Profile: IndiBlue - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsSachin Tendulkar
JuventusZnikView Profile: Znik - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & Tips
LeverkusenLewie100View Profile: lewie100 - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsUnknown
SportingWebby1999

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/users/580423/
John Oliver
Man CityLippo255View Profile: Lippo255 - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & Tips
Man UtdSavan21View Profile: savan21 - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsDavid Beckham
MilanDisclaimer89View Profile: Disclaimer89 - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsAndrea Pirlo
PSGSaintMotbotView Profile: SaintMotbot - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsKylo Ren
Real MadridNinjaskillView Profile: ninjaskill - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsCristiano Ronaldo/The Pope/Frank Lampard/Rob Gronkowski
TottenhamRishmanisationView Profile: rishmanisation - Football Manager 2016 Tactics, Wonderkids & TipsKevin Hart/Ice Cube

Teams will be offered on a first come first serve basis. Further rules will be posted as the game develops. Any further questions dont hesitate to ask!

Drafted players

TeamDraft Selections
LeverkusenIsco, Jackson Martinez, Shkodran Mustafi.
InterDavid Alaba, Lucas Moura, Guilherme Siqueira
MilanZlatan Ibrahimovic, Sergio Ramos, Vincent Kompany
ValenciaNicholas Otamendi, Toni Kroos, Cesc Fabregas
DortmundArturo Vidal, Samir Nasri, Cesar Azpilicueta
LiverpoolMarc-Andre Ter Stegen, Diego Godin, Juan Bernat
AtleticoDaniele Rugani, Hector Bellerin, Henrikh Mkhitaryan
ArsenalGerard Pique, Mario Mandzukic, David Luiz
Man UtdWillian, Mattia De Sciglio, Daniel Sturridge
PSGAndres Iniesta, Alberto Moreno, Wayne Rooney
JuventusBastian Schweinsteiger, Diego Alves, Santi Cazorla
Man CityGirogio Chiellini, Felix Passlack, Jonathan Tah
ChelseaJack Wilshere, Matteo Darmian, Shinji Kagawa
FC BayernYuto Nagatomo, Marcelo Brozovic, Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Real MadridJuan Mauri, Javier Hernandez, Santi Mina
BarcelonaDivock Origi, M'Baye Niang, Juan Jesus

Waiting List

Last edited:
Sounds good! I have never tried this type of fame but keen to test myself!
Would be happy with Chelsea.

Got to be Barcelona hasn't it? :D

Cant wait for a few seasons of Messi, Neymar and Suarez destroying everyone then rushing to find replacements when they retire :D

Last edited:
Got to be Barcelona hasn't it? :D

Cant wait for a few seasons of Messi, Neymar and Suarez destroying everyone then rushing to find replacements when they retire :D

They are yours! Have fun with the transfer embargo until January though :p

Quick question though, are FGN transfers used for any team outside of the 16 in the platinum league?

They are yours! Have fun with the transfer embargo until January though :p

Im sure the players Barcelona have will allow me to make it through one transfer window without being affected too much :p

Anybody that has signed up already, please cast an eye back to the rules to take a look at the new draft transfer system!

Anybody that has signed up already, please cast an eye back to the rules to take a look at the new draft transfer system!

Is this a definite thing or is it up for discussion? Because I'm honestly not sure that I really like it...

Is this a definite thing or is it up for discussion? Because I'm honestly not sure that I really like it...

The problem is because any players that are fantastic are already in the league, nobody will sell.. because you cant replace them with other players from the league because they wont sell either. Its just designed to shake things up a bit and keep it fresh as well as giving the smaller clubs a shot at staying in the league.

The problem is because any players that are fantastic are already in the league, nobody will sell.. because you cant replace them with other players from the league because they wont sell either. Its just designed to shake things up a bit and keep it fresh as well as giving the smaller clubs a shot at staying in the league.

I definitely see your point. I'll see how it works before I criticise it too much! :D

Its different, a little scary but why not? Its all a bit of fun isn't it!? & we do get to safe guard a few players.