So second season done with Middlesbrough, finished 11th again lol. After spending 61mil on 8 new players all young and got good potential to improve still. Slight improvement from last season tho... 58 goals scored last season 57 2nd season but. 63 conc to 55 2nd season.. 11 of the goals were away to chelsea and liverpool two games 11 goals i let in. lost 6-1 and 5-1.

Well all i can do is go again and try and get in better players lol.

View attachment 1100172View attachment 1100173View attachment 1100174View attachment 1100175View attachment 1100176

Mate your persistence is respectable, but I think you should try another tactic. I mean Samurai is much better then 2 times 11th place with this team, maybe your playing style needs another tactical setup.

So second season done with Middlesbrough, finished 11th again lol. After spending 61mil on 8 new players all young and got good potential to improve still. Slight improvement from last season tho... 58 goals scored last season 57 2nd season but. 63 conc to 55 2nd season.. 11 of the goals were away to chelsea and liverpool two games 11 goals i let in. lost 6-1 and 5-1.

Well all i can do is go again and try and get in better players lol.

View attachment 1100172View attachment 1100173View attachment 1100174View attachment 1100175View attachment 1100176

8 news players all young? This is your problem i think. FM this year is built around tactic and team familiarity. Constant or large personal changes will not help.

Also, a uneducated ex-bin dipper once said "you never win anything with kids" or close to that. even if they have great potential, doesn't make them great players now. Keep changes to a min, use players that are well versed in the individual positions and reap the rewards!

All that said, you did supply good info on feed back, thanks for that.

yeah i always try and get young players all the time but also making sure there not to crappy and that the potential is 4* with 5th black. the stats on them are 13/14/15+ on most of the players i have with a lot of improvement. Ill give Genesis ago and going to get a new RB CM and AMR to see how it goes.

yeah i always try and get young players all the time but also making sure there not to crappy and that the potential is 4* with 5th black. the stats on them are 13/14/15+ on most of the players i have with a lot of improvement. Ill give Genesis ago and going to get a new RB CM and AMR to see how it goes.

Im sure we all go for the best youth but you need to have a strong experienced starting 11. The young guns can learn the tactic ect. playing for the youth teams

I dont know what point you are trying to make! I already said that having good youth is great BUT you cannot buy 8 new young players, no matter how good they are, and expect to win the Prem. Im sure in a season or two, you will be a force!

Sorry if i sound like a aggressive fool. Im just trying to help :D

Last edited:
I dont know what point you are trying to make! I already said that having good youth is great BUT you cannot buy 8 new young players, no matter how good they are, and expect to win the Prem. Im sure in a season or two, you will be a force!

Am not trying to make a point :) was just showing the team i had i wasn't expecting to go off and buy all these and win everything. I know by getting the team ready for the future will make all the difference but in a few seasons time like you said they will be good.

When i used Zyndars Puskas VI in FM 16 that was a beast of a tactic no matter what league you were in. I did the same with Middlesbrough got young ones in and then in 2 seasons i was winning everything

Last edited:
My Blackpool season collapsed after Christmas, loads of injuries and I had to buy a few players as cover which didn't help either. Finished 8th, which isn't bad considering media prediction was 20th!

What other tactic could I try for next season Zyndar? or should I continue testing this?

My Blackpool season collapsed after Christmas, loads of injuries and I had to buy a few players as cover which didn't help either. Finished 8th, which isn't bad considering media prediction was 20th!

What other tactic could I try for next season Zyndar? or should I continue testing this?

I think when lesser teams suffer from injury crisis like that, it is normal that performance is dropping. I think you should stick to Samurai for one more season.

Currently I am testing a 4-1-4-1 version of Samurai. I don't have the time to continue testing right now, but it is a remarkable one. Only conceded 6 in 21 games.

Please note that it was tested with MR L's database, but the team of CA120 consists players of CA135. So same players, but increased current ability. Media prediction is 37th.

Same OIs as Samurai and counter can be used for the last 15 minutes.

Currently I am testing a 4-1-4-1 version of Samurai. I don't have the time to continue testing right now, but it is a remarkable one. Only conceded 6 in 21 games.

Please note that it was tested with MR L's database, but the team of CA120 consists players of CA135. So same players, but increased current ability. Media prediction is 37th.

Looks promising! What type of players you need for the 4-1-4-1 version? Or it is the same like the 4-4-1-1, just AM changed to DM?

I tend to use this league from MR L with the ca145 team, but the 6th or 7th place was the best I could get.

Looks promising! What type of players you need for the 4-1-4-1 version? Or it is the same like the 4-4-1-1, just AM changed to DM?

I tend to use this league from MR L with the ca145 team, but the 6th or 7th place was the best I could get.

Yes mate, you only need to swap the AM for a DM, which works like a BWM in this tactic.

First impressions are great on the 4-1-4-1 beta. Started to use it with Villareal, will post results later.

Looks like I'll have to give this new tactic a go in my new season :)

The 4-1-4-1 works like a charm, the ball just keeps flowing around until the opportunity arise and the defensive scheme is simply brilliant!

Last edited: