The 4411 home and away tactics are fantastic and work brilliantly. I am astonished how good the away tactic is by merely changing the mentality to defensive and pushing the def line slightly higher up. Would never have tried that! Brilliant stuff and thanks for sharing. Used my own tactics on a career save with sheff Utd (won league one) then moved to Newcastle and had 8th in premier then next season fourth place and fa cup win. Offered job by Napoli and thought I would try these tactics for a change. Now destroying Serie A and champ league group stage with your tactics. Think Liverpool and AC Milan are now regretting not giving me the jobs I applied for last season!

It is possible that I'll re write my advices about team talks. Here is a good example below. 1-1 at half time and told the guys they are doing well and 1-4 at the end.

View attachment 107731

These tactics (used all of them - Home/Away/4-1-4-1 - mostly 4-1-4-1 in Champions League) are awesome.

View attachment 107613Champions League Trail of Terror 16/17

View attachment 107612Pretty much ran the league too. Didn't buy anyone. Will now try to buy players to fit and run the world - Beyonce style.

I started the season with 4-4-1-1 Samurai but after losing 4-0 on Away and 2-3 in Home with Schalke in Euro Cup group stage i changed to the Reaver v21 and v22. But the game was not very fluid in my opinion. After winter break i changed it back to Samurai Home and Away. You see this in my calendar page. I play my reserve squad in games before the Cup match and in the middle of this games. The game was better and better, i still have problem with AMC and ST (they can get bad ratings for several games and then score a bunch of goals and assists) but my midfilders are getting good ratings and we win game after the game. In Serie A Juve and we have 70 pts (they have a slight better goals differencial). But then this game happend:

View attachment 107418

I started on Away version and after first goal we go to the Home version and wanted players to push. We had in this game 7 clear cut chances a penalty and we did not score... After that we have played reserves players with Saussullo,
we got draw 2-2 (2-0 after first half). It was the moment i really got a felling that FM 2017 is not for me. After all i wanted to get the season done and look:

View attachment 107419

WOW. Sevilla had more problems with condition of the players but WOW. I really not dreamd of this. Beacuse almost in all games i have conceded a goal or two and now i hold on. Sevilla got a goal in two minutes before the end of extra time when i have 5 goals on my side:)

Good tactic zyndar, it has his mistakes but all tactics that i have tried was worse. Only that has a good felling in all games, even when you got draw or lose.

Last edited:
:)) i'm managing Forest Green as well, what are the chances lol

Used calamity's tactic and earned back to back promotions,

Going to use samurai in league one, lets see how it goes

:)) i'm managing Forest Green as well, what are the chances lol

Used calamity's tactic and earned back to back promotions,

Going to use samurai in league one, lets see how it goes

How it's going for you? I am also thinking on a lower league save and looking for a stable tactic with 4 defenders.

Player instructions

Is it possible someone could list the player instructions in the 4-4-1-1 - playing on FM Touch.

Cheers!

Is it possible someone could list the player instructions in the 4-4-1-1 - playing on FM Touch.

Cheers!

Gk
Passing Directness = shorter passing,
Distribution area =to centre backs

IWB's
Closing down = more, mark tighter
Tackling = Harder
Shooting = less

CB's
Closing down = less
Passing Directness = shorter passing

WM
Closing down = more, mark tighter
Tackling = Harder
Team has the ball = sit narrow
Passing Directness = shorter
Shooting = less

LCM
Closing down = sometimes, mark tighter
Tackling = Harder
Team has the ball = get forward
Freedom = roam
Shooting = less
Passing = more risky

RCM
Same as the LCM but HOLD POSITION

AM
Closing down = sometimes
Freedom of movement = roam
Shooting = less

DLP
closing down = sometimes , mark tighter
Tackling = Harder

Last edited:
V2 added to the OP. Now I am going to use it with my Forest Green Rovers team after winning promotion to the Premier League.

2450706-20170122-AAYyJ7.png

SAMURAI 4-4-1-1 V2

2461753-20170207-P0kUrG.png

TEST SEASON (The team is CA135)

NOTES

- !Important! When playing away against much better teams, drop the D-line to slightly deeper !Important!
- There is no restriction on the WM position, they can be either same or opposite footed
- Corners to be taken by the best corner taker (optimally your AMC)

Sooo many through balls achieved in your test, looks awesome! Looking forward for your FGR season update, been following from the start.

What type of players you need for WM position? I've read the notes but I am a bit unsure.