The Manchester United Thread

but Keane is finding fault in everything the club does.

Get used to it. Now the Lord Ferg is gone, the media will treat you like everyone else which means there will always be one pundit who criticises your every move. Not that Keane has raised a lot of valid points.

Get used to it. Now the Lord Ferg is gone, the media will treat you like everyone else which means there will always be one pundit who criticises your every move. Not that Keane has raised a lot of valid points.

Get used to it? There has not been one season where United have been declared outright favourites like Barcelona and Madrid. In 2012, we pushed City all the way to the final minute, yet the media claimed our time was over. Now that we've fallen lower than expected, they can't believe it themselves.

In all fairness Keane is quite happy to take a swing at anyone in visual range, can't say I'd notice him treat United differently. I kinda like his style, he's no Neville but he he has no patience for politics (surprise!) and says it like it is.

Antoine Griezmann earlier this year dismissed rumours about his future, wanting to wait until the final fixture had been played out. Now that the La Liga year has season, he has admitted that he would only leave for a "very big club."

"They [Real Sociedad] haven't told me anything so far. I am ambitious and if I left it would only be for a very big European club," he said.

"If PSG showed an interest I would talk with my officials and agents. PSG is a great club that is achieving something nice. I don't favour any team - but PSG is a destination that attracts a lot of players."

J?r?my M?nez doesn't seem to have much of a future in Paris, and he might leave soon. So if that's the case, they may want to replace him with Griezmann. Fellow countryman, young, available for a decent fee. It's up to United to try and beat them to his signature.

Last edited:
More to the point how much longer must this LVG pantomime go on for until it actually gets announced?

If Ed doesn't deliver this summer then I want him gone immediately.. he has no excuses at all.

Few rumours going around about us and Lucas Moura.. would be quite a nice buy to be honest, obviously all rumour though.

What do you guys class as a successful summer? My expectation is pretty big.

1 CM, 1 CB, 1 winger, 1 LB is the absolute minimum in my mind.

More to the point how much longer must this LVG pantomime go on for until it actually gets announced?

Give it time, he is on tight schedule, they are probably having a hard time finding time slot when he can be flown to Manchester and shown to the media.

I would say minimum 1 winger , 1 left back , 1 CB , 2 CM for me. 5 players tops with few Reserve players getting some game time. Buy to many and it just wont work!

I would say minimum 1 winger , 1 left back , 1 CB , 2 CM for me. 5 players tops with few Reserve players getting some game time. Buy to many and it just wont work!

This is one of the reasons i cant understand some United fans not wanting hte Europa League fixtures, ideal for extra games that mean something to bed a team together, rather than friendlies..

This is one of the reasons i cant understand some United fans not wanting hte Europa League fixtures, ideal for extra games that mean something to bed a team together, rather than friendlies..
TBH mate I did not want it either playing on a Thu and Sun would just hinder our chances at getting back into top 4 next yr. We can now spend more time resting playing less games getting less injuries to key players and have LVG drilling team on set up and tactics/formations.

TBH mate I did not want it either playing on a Thu and Sun would just hinder our chances at getting back into top 4 next yr. We can now spend more time resting playing less games getting less injuries to key players and have LVG drilling team on set up and tactics/formations.

Yep. rest that what makes a team gel, not game time... totally disagree on that one, just preference i guess.

Yep. rest that what makes a team gel, not game time... totally disagree on that one, just preference i guess.
Liverpool would never done aswell this season with European football. I would sooner have more time for the new manager on the training ground this season. Like you said just preference I guess mate.

Liverpool would never done aswell this season with European football. I would sooner have more time for the new manager on the training ground this season. Like you said just preference I guess mate.

Liverpool werent bedding in 6 players and a new manager though? Did us great for the two seasons before we hit the champs league, invaluble like a Champ-League lite for the new boys and kids.. :)

Liverpool werent bedding in 6 players and a new manager though? Did us great for the two seasons before we hit the champs league, invaluble like a Champ-League lite for the new boys and kids.. :)
The only thing would have used Europa league for was playing the kids to test them at a higher level. Just don't like the idea of season starting earlier and the amount of games and lack of time between the EL and the Prem games.

Weds to Sat, Thurs to Sun? pretty much the same ,just the travel/day that might be a ****.. jsut hope you get french and dutch teams. ;)

Weds to Sat, Thurs to Sun? pretty much the same ,just the travel/day that might be a ****.. jsut hope you get french and dutch teams. ;)
Just hope the hole LVG thing is wrapped up this week! Few Dutch journos saying will be tomorrow now friendly is out the way, don't want it turning into a circus. LVG just keeps saying as utd which sounds like the problem is at our end.

Utd appoint LVG as manager and Giggs as AM, have also been working on transfers for couple of weeks. SSN

Utd appoint LVG as manager and Giggs as AM, have also been working on transfers for couple of weeks. SSN

Yup!!! Statement: [40] Full Manchester United statement on Louis Van Gaal as new manager and Ryan Giggs as Assistant Manager

Im quite excited I must admit. At the very least we wont be boring to watch (as we were under genius DM) and at best we'll start competing for trophies again while at the same time grooming Giggsy to take over. May the "Giggs -tearing you apart since ..." stay in OT for decades to come!!

All together now: we shall not be moved!!!!!!!

Yup!!! Statement: [40] Full Manchester United statement on Louis Van Gaal as new manager and Ryan Giggs as Assistant Manager

Im quite excited I must admit. At the very least we wont be boring to watch (as we were under genius DM) and at best we'll start competing for trophies again while at the same time grooming Giggsy to take over. May the "Giggs -tearing you apart since ..." stay in OT for decades to come!!

All together now: we shall not be moved!!!!!!!
Yes very excited now mate, its done and dusted can now start planning for next season. Aparently have been discussing targets and transfers with LVG for couple weeks now. :)