The Manchester United Thread

Apparently UTD are delaying the announcement of LVG due to his wishes so he can concentrate on Hollands friendly vs Ecuador on Saturday. Utd and LVG have agreed terms but just have few minor issues to be signed off. Reported by Mark Ogden.

Apparently UTD are delaying the announcement of LVG due to his wishes so he can concentrate on Hollands friendly vs Ecuador on Saturday. Utd and LVG have agreed terms but just have few minor issues to be signed off. Reported by Mark Ogden.

Looks likes we will announce it after their friendly game. They have 3 days gap, maybe ManUtd wants to have press conference also.

Also some papers in Italy are reporting that SAF and Conte were discussing Vidal's transfer. BS IMO. How would they know what they 2 are talking.

Woodward said ManUtd wages will increase by around 15% this summer. That's around 30 Million as Rio, Evra, Vidic, Giggs are off the list. Must be a huge summer.

Looks likes we will announce it after their friendly game. They have 3 days gap, maybe ManUtd wants to have press conference also.

Also some papers in Italy are reporting that SAF and Conte were discussing Vidal's transfer. BS IMO. How would they know what they 2 are talking.

Woodward said ManUtd wages will increase by around 15% this summer. That's around 30 Million as Rio, Evra, Vidic, Giggs are off the list. Must be a huge summer.
Yeah Vidal stuff most probs BS. I don't mind waiting tbh, sounds like were pushing on with transfers still. Think this summer could be the biggest in UTDs history. :)

Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be an anti-climax. Most times, for most clubs, what is termed as 'the biggest transfer window' usually turns out to be a dud. I'm praying that isn't the case for us.

Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be an anti-climax. Most times, for most clubs, what is termed as 'the biggest transfer window' usually turns out to be a dud. I'm praying that isn't the case for us.
No chance not this time.

Seems unlikely now, but don't be surprised. It's just going to be a drawn-out, difficult summer whichever route we take.

I highly doubt we'd have a quiet transfer window. at least, I hope it wont be.

I want at least 3 big signing. Luke Shaw not included.

I highly doubt we'd have a quiet transfer window. at least, I hope it wont be.

I want at least 3 big signing. Luke Shaw not included.
Defo wont be quite! Just don't expect the whole everything being made public circus like last time.

Can't imagine how they could possibly make bigger mess of things then last year.

If you ask me watching LVG on SSN recently he does seem to be a lot more media friendly than his earlier years, has even been quite mischievous and joking.

So the Holland and Ecuador friendly is to be shown on MUTV, oh I wonder why.... hmmmmmm.

If you ask me watching LVG on SSN recently he does seem to be a lot more media friendly than his earlier years, has even been quite mischievous and joking.

What do you expect? He's not exactly under much pressure at the moment. No matter how well the Dutch perform in the World Cup, he already has next job lined up, in a top club with 200m warchest. And he can't possibly do worse then the last guy.

What do you expect? He's not exactly under much pressure at the moment. No matter how well the Dutch perform in the World Cup, he already has next job lined up, in a top club with 200m warchest. And he can't possibly do worse then the last guy.
What are you getting at? He is usually rude and abrut towards jornos even when he has been at big club with big budgets. Just saying what I said because some fans were worried about how he would be with media.

32 mil suspended, so a 20mil fine instead of 50. and a reduced squad to 21, we only reg. 23 last year and didnt even use that.. UEFA suck lol.
That's only suspended if they manage to comply for the next 2 seasons. They have also had there wage structure from and transfer funds limited to 60m euros for next 2 seasons including players sold. SSN.

That's only suspended if they manage to comply for the next 2 seasons. They have also had there wage structure from and transfer funds limited to 60m euros for next 2 seasons including players sold. SSN.

The fine isn't compliant with the FFP, the owner can pay that without if effecting the books, and we'll break even this season, the limit on wage/transfers is only for this year, and with Lescott, Barry, both leaving there's 150 a week free straight away :p Wages have to remain the same, and Transfers of 50mil, which is pretty much all out targets before we sell, Sagna (Free), Mangala (35), Fernando (15).

Its a daft rule just to keep the big boys at the table. I don't see the point, no club is ever gonna grow naturally in this day and age to compete with those already there. It's the clubs in Spain the need looking at at before new owners, the fact athletico only own 6 of there players is a disgrace.. lol.

I can see the point if out owners we just playing buying the big names etc but they've invested twice as much in the local area and youth development and club structure nearly half a bil, then on wages/players. You can buy a club and saddle it with 500mil debt, but clear the table and start playing with the big boys and they get all pissy lol.

Last edited: