The Manchester United Thread

How long before the inevitable breakdown between him and Rooney?

Maybe by the time LVG is back for his official presser we will have some new players to unveil with him :)

Van Gaal as coach eh, brace youselves for 11 dutchies starting!

Also, Giggsy's retirement, massive respect to the man, legend!

I do he has stated a few times he would always be up for a new challenge, and that he would leave.

He wants a move to Barca, both he and Reus want it, and I believe they had expressed something similar a while ago (Damned if I can remember the source though);; If we can get Hummels, I'll be salivating at the prospect. A brilliant player, calm and assured on the ball, and excellent in the air, although he does have occasional lapses of concentration (but even those are few and far between.)

He wants a move to Barca, both he and Reus want it, and I believe they had expressed something similar a while ago (Damned if I can remember the source though);; If we can get Hummels, I'll be salivating at the prospect. A brilliant player, calm and assured on the ball, and excellent in the air, although he does have occasional lapses of concentration (but even those are few and far between.)
Think he will defo be one of LVGs main target, but will have to see. Really think LVG can help us draw in top players.

Could be being cynical but all United fans seem very happy with Van Gaal, yet i cant help but feel it is a risky appointment...

Sacked at Barcelona (Twice/ resigned once), sacked at Netherlands after failing to qualify for the world cup, resigned at Ajax due to an internal conflict and finally sacked at Bayern Munich

He seems to have managed the top club, with the top players but the majority of the time has ended up either being sacked or leaving due to differences with the board

Not sure what you lot think, but i am surprised by the level of confidence most fans seem to have

Could be being cynical but all United fans seem very happy with Van Gaal, yet i cant help but feel it is a risky appointment...

Sacked at Barcelona (Twice/ resigned once), sacked at Netherlands after failing to qualify for the world cup, resigned at Ajax due to an internal conflict and finally sacked at Bayern Munich

He seems to have managed the top club, with the top players but the majority of the time has ended up either being sacked or leaving due to differences with the board

Not sure what you lot think, but i am surprised by the level of confidence most fans seem to have

He's also won 4 league titles with clubs who were not champions the season before. Barca and Bayern have interfering boards. He is excellent with youth, plays aggressive attacking football. Has a set style but is willing to adapt

He's also won 4 league titles with clubs who were not champions the season before. Barca and Bayern have interfering boards. He is excellent with youth, plays aggressive attacking football. Has a set style but is willing to adapt

He has also had his success.. AZ and Ajax were good spells for him, but in the major leagues he hasn't exactly proven much. (From his record anyway, wont even try to claim i am a expert on him)

He has also had his success.. AZ and Ajax were good spells for him, but in the major leagues he hasn't exactly proven much. (From his record anyway, wont even try to claim i am a expert on him)

He built the foundations that both Bayern and Barcelona are playing from, he won La Liga twice with Barca, and the Bundesliga with Bayern, with cups at both sides, and also the UEFA super. He was the one who broke through Muller and Alaba among others.

He built the foundations that both Bayern and Barcelona are playing from, he won La Liga twice with Barca, and the Bundesliga with Bayern, with cups at both sides, and also the UEFA super. He was the one who broke through Muller and Alaba among others.

Guess we'll have to see.. hard job at United with the current set of players but no doubt will have a lot of money to spend

Agreed. But I also agree that he is a risky appointment (as is shown by his history). But at the same time he does have the personality as well as experience of winning stuff and/or working at big clubs (which DM didnt have). He is also an attractive name for players (tho some may be scared of him I grant you) to choose us over other options for and is known to produce football that is attacking and nice on the eye (couldnt really stand anymore of the tedium under DM).

So yes we are excited and with very good reason. I dont think our squad is as bad as people have been claiming (even LFCMarshal is at it in the previous post!) and his strong, "quirky" personality is exactly what is needed to kick people up their backsides ...