World Cup Group Phase

We come close to getting the biggest ever win at a world cup but ended 1 goal short
Scotland Go out of there Group with Argentina & Croatia progressing
England also out at the group stages with Spain from the group of death. USA and Columbia go through

Match 1
China 0-8 France
Our warm up games were tougher than this! Ukraine won the other match 1-0 over Ecuador

Match 2
France 3-0 Ukraine
A Draw between China & Ecuador means we go into the last match with a 3 point lead and a 13 lead in goals

Match 3
Ecuador 0-1 France
Back up 11 win by a goal to top the group

Morocco are our Last 16 opponents
View attachment 341156

World Cup Knockout Phase

Last 16
View attachment 340993

France 3-2 Morocco
View attachment 340992
Camara's 2nd hattrick of the competition takes us through

View attachment 340989
Ireland stun Germany. Argentina thrash defending champs Ivory Coast. 2022 champs USA in the next round

Quarter Finals
View attachment 340991

France 1-2 USA - AET
View attachment 340990
We were robbed! Had all the advantages till the 106th minute when we lost midfielder Okechukwu to injury and the 11 Americans grabbed the goal so late on we couldnt reply and out we went. Really annoyed by this.

View attachment 340988

Semi Finals
View attachment 340987
The USA sneak through the back door again and will play hosts Italy in the final

Final
Italy 1-1 USA - Italy win on Pens
View attachment 340986
So happy for the Italian to win the title on home soil and to stop the USA!

Camara won the golden boot and i left France after the tournament. No sign of the Scotland job so looks like just Rangers for now.

Season 18

2030/31

Pre Season
Dundee Utd for out some money to strengthen there European Championship winning team.
Aberdeen loose 3 of there top players
Celtic's Lucas job is already threat and we've not kicked a ball yet

Targets
SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Final Appearance in either cup
Scottish League Cup - Final Appearance in either cup
Europe - Quarter Finals

Dundee Utd are too far ahead to have any faith in beating them. Last year Dundee Utd put us out of both Cups so i'd settle for the same if we cant take a cup. In Europe i want to get to the Knockout stages where we'll take it as far as we can.

Transfers
View attachment 340925
2 Staring players and further depth for the youth team

In
Leonel Arroyo - DC
View attachment 340924
After Sam Jonsson forced a transfer i felt it was too soon to rush my u19's into a battle for the starting spot and after finding Arroyo my decision was finalised!

Tommasao Simonini - MC
View attachment 340923
I Felt this was our weakest part of the squad last season so Tommaso goes right into the starting 11.

The youth players will again get plenty of action as there is not much in the 1st team after our starting 11
View attachment 340922View attachment 340921View attachment 340920View attachment 340919View attachment 340918

Out
Two starting defenders Alfredo Mascitti and Sam Jonsson were not willing to sign new contracts so with a year left before free agency they both were sold. Ruben was getting rediculous offers on him so i was happy to sell and Clive O'Conner was not getting much or any action so sold him to make some more cash.

Around the League
View attachment 340917
Dundee Utd spend £13m while clearing out some of the older guys from my days
Another transfer free summer by Hearts so far
Motherwell bring John Souttar back to the SPL
Sick of 7th place St Mirren loan a heep of player to make up for the £5m of talent they sold.

FM Season preview
View attachment 340916
I agree with most of this. Aberdeen & Hearts may struggle after bad summers. I can see Motherwell doing much better than 7th

Current Starting 11
View attachment 340915
Only a few nessasary changes. Sekulic is put into starting Right back. Bit soon? Probably but he's here for the long run. Arroyo is a straight replacement for Jonnson. Simonini beats out Pocta & James to be the final starting Midfielder. Same up front.

August

Dundee Utd's title defense gets off to a horrific start including a 3-1 defeat to Rangers on the opening day
Other sides from last years top 6 Hearts, Motherwell & Aberdeen also swept aside
Champions League draw is a nightmare four us and Celtic. Aberdeen & Hearts make it to the Europa League groups

Fixtures
View attachment 340165

SPL
View attachment 340164
Like the good old days the old firm have perfect records and are miles clear on goal difference with Aberdeen right on there tails. Hearts make a awful start as do Dundee Utd

Europe
View attachment 340163
We will face Ajax & Juventus for the 2nd year in a row but the 4th side is MUCH Tougher. Benfica will ensure every game in this group will be a battle.
Celtic fared no better as they have Man City, Atletico Madrid & the little big guys of German football Karlsruher. Either or both of us could be out of Europe by Christmas. Dundee Utd have a much easier task with Shaktar, Sampdoria & Maribor
In the Europa League Hearts have a tricky group with Lille, Genk & Sporting. Aberdeen have Feyenoord, Hannover & Basel

Transfers
View attachment 340162
Celtic spend £5m on a Dundee Utd back up after selling two of there own players. Not shown is a September deal where Ross County sold a u18 Spanish defender for £5m after only 21 games in Dingwall

September

Hibs end our perfect run
Victory in Portugal gives us the perfect start in Europe
Need Penaltys again in the cup to get by Hamilton as the youth players tired by the end of the month.

Fixtures
View attachment 340094

SPL
View attachment 340093
Celtics good start goes down the toilet with no wins in September. St Mirren, Aberdeen & Dundee Utd close the gap and are only 3 points behind. Bottom half loosing lots of points early doors

Europe
View attachment 340092
Juventus won the other game and we play them next.

October

All 4 teams i managed reach the League Cup Semi Finals
Gap at the top down to 1 point after we draw at Dunfermline
Beat by Juventus but win the important game by thrashing Ajax

Fixtures
View attachment 340001

SPL
View attachment 340000
All our wins were comfortable which is why im so angry we drew at Dunfermline with a slightly tired team. Rest of the top 6 not too far away then its a rediculous gap to the bottom 6 who have a total of 9 wins from a possible 68

Europe
View attachment 339999
Ajax are in a mess and look set for last place. Benfica's result at home to Juventus puts them in with a shot at beating us for 2nd place. Match 5 will be the key.

November

Ajax turn the Champions League on its head but its too late
After a shock in the Champions League we drop points at home to Hearts before getting the win in a 6 pointer with Dundee Utd

Fixtures
View attachment 339395

SPL
View attachment 339394
Celtic's perfect month brings them towards the title battle. were 2 points clear of Dundee Utd after beating them but advantage is still with United

Europe
View attachment 339393
Ajax make a stunning comeback but its too much too late as Ajax cant overtake us due to our head to head record. I have yet to decided if i'll go for it against Juventus or rest the 1st team and settle for 2nd.

Sorry for the pathetic pace of updates but work has regularly become a 15 hour day 6 day week so cant get close to FM

It tooked a few hours to read from first post! Dude you are great! I'm hooked up, keep up the good work. Can you please post your tactic?

It tooked a few hours to read from first post! Dude you are great! I'm hooked up, keep up the good work. Can you please post your tactic?
677651d1408987463-saving-scottish-game-starting-11.png

Does that tactic still work?

Mine seem to get caught onto and i have to change it up.. 4-2-4, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 4-3-1-2, 5-4-1, 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1 and now i'm on a more Van Gaal esque 5-2-1-2 (this one wasn't because of tactics getting found out i decided Van Gaal's tactics in the World Cup were awesome and have tried replicating them to some success)

But you've found a worldie of a tactic that works through everything :p

Does that tactic still work?

Mine seem to get caught onto and i have to change it up.. 4-2-4, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 4-3-1-2, 5-4-1, 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1 and now i'm on a more Van Gaal esque 5-2-1-2 (this one wasn't because of tactics getting found out i decided Van Gaal's tactics in the World Cup were awesome and have tried replicating them to some success)

But you've found a worldie of a tactic that works through everything :p

For bigger games i drop two Midfielders back to DM positions and change the philosophy to counter. Apart from that no changes

Still not got close to playing the game in the past few days. 70+ hours weeks are not fun!

December

Celtic end our year on a low by winning the Old Firm derby
After ending 2nd in the Champions League Group we get Barca in the last 16. Celtic & Dundee Utd also join us in the last 16

Fixtures
View attachment 337794

SPL
View attachment 337793
Once Celtic & Dundee Utd play there games in hand it will be oh so close at the top with St Mirren in the hunt too. the 4 point gap between the bottom 4 is as large as the gap has been all season.

Final Group table
View attachment 337792
Ajax won but we had 2nd place tied up thanks to our head to head record

Champions League Last 16
View attachment 337791
All 7 British sides are through and the only lat 16 tie without a British side is CSKA vs Shakhar

January

Only Dundee Utd stop us getting 3 points and we were unlucky to draw against the new League leaders
We reach the League Cup final by thrashing Aberdeen 4-0

Fixtures
View attachment 337657

SPL
View attachment 337656
Dundee Utd won there games in hand to go top while Celtic are fall 4 points off the top. top 6 look set as there already playing in a different league quality wise. At the bottom Inverness fall a tad off the pace as Ross County & Dundee pull some results out.

Transfer Window
View attachment 337655
Only 1 major exit from Dundee Utd while our only signing is a top class Keeper

Benjamin Lorenzoni - GK
View attachment 337654
The Swiss No2 come in from Rayo Vallacano i was planning to wait to the summer to pick up someone on a free but when Raul Garcia got injured i had to make a move.

February

7 wins in a row during a busy month
Our two Italians scored as we even beat Barcelona
Dundee Utd slip up at Pittodrie to put us back on top spot

Fixtures
View attachment 337497

SPL
View attachment 337496
We go back on top but our metal will be tested as our last 3 games before the split are Celtic, Barcelona & Dundee Utd. Elsewhere Inverness look to be in deep trouble

Europe
View attachment 337495
Man Utd were the only British side to be beaten in the 1st leg.

March

We beat Dundee Utd to win the first trophy of the year
Thrash Celtic 5-0 to throw them out of the title race but it wasnt all sunshine and lollypops for us
Barcelona prove too much

Fixtures
View attachment 337455

SPL
View attachment 337454
Our Draw with Hibs lets Dundee Utd back in front at the top. Tight between 7th & 11th as Inverness look doomed

Europe
View attachment 337453
Barca are through but only on away goals. Chelsea were the only other British side knocked out as the collapsed against PSG

League Cup Final
Dundee Utd 0-1 Rangers
View attachment 337452
Dundee won the battle in the stats but we kicked each other off the park after scoring early

April

Hibs are doing there best to ruin our season!
Another 1-0 win over Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup this time sets up a final against Celtic
Inverness go down

Fixtures
View attachment 337201

SPL
View attachment 337200
Both ourselves and Dundee Utd drop points once so were still 1 point behind while the rest of the top 6 looks locked in. Battle to avoid they play off spot is still going on.

May

Match 36
View attachment 337127
We recover from our draw with Hibs to thrash Celtic. Dundee Utd sneak another 1 goal win against Aberdeen. Title decider at Ibrox next

Match 37
View attachment 337126
Dundee Utd took the lead and were in control till we went all out attack early in the 2nd half. We made chance after chance but only taking 1 of them will probably cost us the title going into the final game.

Mach 38
View attachment 337125
We did all we could but Dundee Utd won convincingly to win there 9th title in a row. Nobody has made it 10 and we'll be doing everything we can to stop them doing so.

Scottish Cup Final
Rangers 4-2 Celtic
View attachment 337124
A thirilling match where we were in control then werent then back in control then not till a 90th minute hatrick from winger Dragota sealed our 2nd cup of the year but not the title i crave.

Season 18 Review

I can call the story a success as Scotland reaches the top 3 in the Euro Coeffcieants and will have 4 teams entering the 2032/33 Champions League
96 points and 127 goals was not enough to take the title
Dunfermline win the playoff to survive another year in the SPL
For the 2nd time in 3 seasons Man Utd Win the Champions League

Rangers 2030/31
Season stats
View attachment 336991

SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Last 16

We should have beat Dundee Utd This year but to be so close was sicking. Our form with Hibs was disgusting and that cost us the title i think.

SPL Review

Dundee Utd - 7/10 There champions League defense ended at the Quarter Finals and only just beat Rangers to the title after being 2nd best most of the season

Rangers - 7/10 - going out of Europe at the Last 16 is no shame to Barca. Sam Fitzgeral almost got Larssons record ending the year with 50 goals, 47 in the SPL as he was not used in Europe

Celtic - 8/10 Only Man Utd stopped the Parkhead side reaching the Champions League Final. Like ourselfs a striker on rediculos form Matt Marshall with 49 goals lead there charge.

St Mirren - 7/10 The Paisley sides best season in years getting back into the top 4 helped by there failure to reach the group phases in Europe

Aberdeen - 5/10 Failed to get through the group phase of the Champions league too. Still holding onto Jose Sanchez and several other players i brought in.

Hibs - 7/10 Wow top 6. Makes me actually have to write something different about them

Motherwell - 5/10 Aberdeen conquerors Hanover put out Motherwell too on there 1 team mission to take out the SPL

Hearts - 6/10 - The Europa League last 16 is all they have to take from this season as they fell out of the top 6

Ross County - 5/10 - Like last year Ross County had a very good season but were never in danger due to Inverness's atrocious season. Winger Scott Fraser lead the side with goals and assists

Dundee - 5/10 - There 1st year back up saw them destroyed on multiple occasions by there city neighbors and fighting to avoid a playoff berth which they did by 1 point

Dunfermline - 4/10 - 1st season without John Collins and they hardy survived the playoff. Much work to do over the summer to get back to where they were.

Inverness - 1/10 - Out of all the regular SPL sides this was by a mile the worst season a team have had. decisively finishing last

Champions League Final
Man Utd 4-3 Barcelona
View attachment 336989
An epic final decided in extra time in United's favor

Europa League Final
Bilbao 4-1 Wigan
View attachment 336988
Very harsh on Wigan as Spain get revenge on England for the Europa title

Season Awards

Player of the year
Bastian Schafer
View attachment 336986
One of my final signings at Dundee Utd. He slowly developed into there star winger

Top Scorer
Sam Fitzgerald
View attachment 336985
Marshall & Fitzgerald got it the other way around as i hoped. 72 goals between them is crazy.

Young Player of the year
Leonel Arroyo
View attachment 336984
Not sure how a 23 year old qualifys as young player but oh well

Manager of the Year
Darran Donald
View attachment 336983
This year i walked it. 2 cups and only 1 point behind Dundee Utd. A season to be proud of

Team of the Year
View attachment 336981
It was a 2 team league but how Celtics Marshall missed out is beyond me

Continental Standings

National Coefficients
View attachment 336980
After last seasons miracle climb to have 3 champions League spots we've now gone one better. Scotland is ranked 3rd! YES 3rd! Only Spain and England are ahead. So from 2032/33 season we have 3 teams in the Champions League Groups, 1 in the best placed playoffs. And in the Europa League 1 in the Groups, 1 in the Playoff and 1 in the 3rd Qualifyer. 7 TEAMS IN TOTAL IN EUROPE! Cant get better than this!

Competition Rankings
View attachment 336979
Still 7th for Scotland as France's Ligue 1 climbs above Serie A for 3rd

Club Rankings
In the Club rankings Rangers fly up the Rankings again to 13th one place behind Celtic 12th. Dundee Utd are still 3rd, St Mirren back up to 36th, Hearts to 54th and Aberdeen climb to 74th despite a disappointing year. The rest are between 129th and 147th

Season 19

2031/32

Pre Season
Celtic are taken over by a retired football agent who removes them from the stock exchange and sacks Lucas Leiva. I decide Rangers are strong enough and Celtic would be my team till the Aberdeen job comes up
Before leaving Rangers i go into overdrive hiring new players, new staff and increasing the stadium capacity to over 56,000
Javi Martinez takes over the best Rangers side by a mile in this save

Targets

SPL - Top 3
Scottish Cup - Final Appearance in either cup
Scottish League Cup - Final Appearance in either cup
Europe - Knock Out Phase in either Champions or Europa League

First season back at Parkhead so im not being overambitious. Im only here till the Aberdeen job comes up so no time scale on developing the side.

Transfers
View attachment 336890
The first few signings werent mine but look good enough to be in the squad. After that we picked up 4 players to make the squad more suited to my system.

In

Jan Marcek - MR
View attachment 336889
Signed before i crossed Glasgow. Will do for now but not a long term answer

Stuart Weir - At
View attachment 336888
Again signed before i got here but after a failed few years in England the back up striker looks to rebuild his career

Antonio Jorge - DC
View attachment 336887
The Portugese youth cap was my first signing but will struggle to be more that a one season space filler

Patrick Meyer - MC
View attachment 336886
The best youngster i got over the summer who will be starting from day 1

David Edusei - DL
View attachment 336885
8 Years but few appearances at Rennais in France is not the best advert but i'll give him a chance due to the poor selection of wing backs on the market. Not set to start

Gary Waddell - MC
View attachment 336884
Needed some depth in the midfield so got the best Scottish player available

Gordon Hill - MC
View attachment 336883
Same as Waddell

6 Players go into a very poor youth team.
View attachment 336882View attachment 336881View attachment 336880View attachment 336879View attachment 336878View attachment 336877

Out
The youth team was stripped of many donkeys. I managed to salvage £10m out of reserve players with more to go next year.

Around the League
View attachment 336875
After i make Rangers stronger new manager Javi Martinez spends another £12m despite this they made a profit of £50m
Less action but Dundee Utd improve there squad too
Motherwell loan half of the Monaco team giving them a great chance of a top 6 finish
Dunfermline loose almost all there best players. The last thing they need after such a poor finish

FM Season preview
View attachment 336876
Top 4 should be as they are. I think Motherwell could make the top 6 with some of the players they have on loan. Any of the bottom 4 could suffer relegation.

Current Starting 11
View attachment 336874
5 new players join the starting 11. Watch out for Patrick Meyer who i think will be one of the best signings i've made.