August

Dundee United stun us on day 1
We recover to win out in August
Including a 12-1 aggregate win against Anderleicht

Fixtures
View attachment 336772

SPL
View attachment 336771
Dundee Utd make a perfect start while Rangers dodgy start leaves them with some work to do. Motherwell make the worst start though

Europe
Celtic 12-1 Anderlecht
View attachment 336770
Demolition in the 1st leg meant i could use my kids who still won well

Group Phase

View attachment 336769
Spurs should win this group, not sure how we'll face up to Atalanta but time will tell. Europe after Christmas must be a cert with Hapol Tel-Aviv the 4th seeds

Transfer
View attachment 336768
Rangers make the 1 big transfer in September He's been awful in the Premiership but cost £14m. Rangers & Dundee Utd were the busiest in August

Last edited:

September

3 wins in a row by a 4 goal margin after a chaotic 3-3 draw with Rangers.
Youngster Patrick Meyer makes a storming start. no goals but averaging an assist a game

Fixtures
View attachment 336519

SPL
View attachment 336518
Dundee Utd are beaten to make it a 3 point gap between the top 3 as the league split into 3 fights for top 3, top 6 bottom 5 with Motherwell still surprisingly at the bottom

Europe
View attachment 336517
Only one game and the expected result in both games

View attachment 336517

October

4 points from our two home games in the Champions League
Draw at Pittodrie after the Atalanta game was our only sour point of the month
Stumble by Dundee Utd leaves the Old firm 1st & 2nd

Fixtures
View attachment 336502

SPL
View attachment 336501
Rangers are the last unbeaten side but jeez is it close. 1 goal and 1 point between the top 3. Aberdeen looking good for a top 6 the rest well could do anything!

Europe
View attachment 336500
Chuffed to bits as we reach the half way stage and were top. Spurs match up next should decide top spot.

November

Danny Lennons 20 years at St Mirren ends as he's sacked at the end of the month
Unbeaten run see's another draw with Spurs then beat Dundee Utd in the SPL
Victory against Harpol Tel Aviv secures a last 16 berth

Fixtures
View attachment 336484

SPL
View attachment 336482
Could this really be the year Dundee Utd's dreams of 10 in a row go down the drain like Rangers in the 90's and Celtic in the 70's? were now 6 points clear as the bottom 3 begin to get cast adrift.

Europe
View attachment 336483
Will need to play my best team against Atalanta to try secure a win to keep us top of the table.

December

The Aberdeen job comes up so i leave Celtic to enter the final chapter of my Scottish tale at Aberdeen
Lots of Change elsewhere too Motherwell & Hearts have new owners
In just over a month 6 teams change manager
View attachment 336384

Fixtures
View attachment 336389

SPL
View attachment 336388
Positive results against Hearts & Motherwell keep us in 4th as Celtic & Rangers continue to set the pace although all top 3 sides lost in December. Bottom 3 still look set to fall off the pace

Europe
View attachment 336387
Aberdeen were already through to the last 32 and were set in 2nd place so i played the u19s to focus on my SPL debut with the Dons

Aberdeen

8 players are still in town from my last spell at the side. Here's the best of them
View attachment 336378View attachment 336377View attachment 336376

The two players i've added on a free. Dons are struggling for cash!
View attachment 336381View attachment 336380

The best youth player at Aberdeen. Should be starting by next season.
View attachment 336379

My sole ambition is to get 4th place. Will sacrifice Europe and the cups to make sure we get a spot in the Champions League Qualifiers while shuffling the squad around. will probably see a few very busy transfer windows as i try to juggle in a younger better side while trying to keep a hold of 4th place.

January

4 away games in half a month is too much for our injury depleated squad
Despite that we still pull clear in 4th place
Fight for top spot really takes light

Fixtures
View attachment 336262

SPL
View attachment 336261
3 points between the top 3 at the top. We pull clear of the battle for top 6 places while Falkirk suddenly fall miles behind

Transfers
View attachment 336260
A quiet one away from Parkhead. Some good additions but loosing Jose Marquez will turn out to be a big mistake. He looked like a brilliant youngster. We sell a back up Center back.

February

Wins everywhere except the Rangers game where we managed to Wrestle a point out of them
Through in the cup beating Dundee 4-2. St Mirren await in the Quarter Final

Fixtures
View attachment 336180

SPL
View attachment 336178
Rangers have an awful month as Dundee Utd continue to sneak up on top spot. We thrashed Motherwell to move comfortably clear in 4th. Good battle to avoid the bottom 6 going on. Falkirk claw back some points but are still a long way from safety

Europe
View attachment 336176
Torino had a 3-0 away lead so i gave up and played the kids for the 2nd leg and they did so much better

March

Ross County finally appoint a full time manager in former Celtic youth Paul McMullan
My curse against St Mirren goes on
4th Spot almost secure but were out of the Scottish Cup

Fixtures
View attachment 336140

SPL
View attachment 336139
Rangers are back in the fight as we head towards the group phase. We should be good for 4th. One Edinburgh side will finish in the top 6. No change in Falkirks attempt to stay up.

April

3 games 3 defeats and no goals! We did have two trips to Dundee United and a game with Rangers however.
4th Can be secured by avoiding defeat against Motherwell

Fixtures
View attachment 336081

SPL
View attachment 336080
Battle at the top is going to the wire. The old firm have the advantage with a 3 point lead, Celtic have by far the best goal difference and are the only side we've yet to play. Remember Dundee Utd are looking to make it 10 in a row but there fellow 9 in a row sides hold the key

Season 19 Review

Celtic end the Dundee domination of Scottish Football
St Mirren stun Rangers in the Scottish Cup final
Not content with dominating Europe and finally being the 1st team to retain the Champions League Man Utd win the treble
Huge rebuilding job at Pittodrie next summer.

Aberdeen 2031/32
Season stats
View attachment 336072

SPL - 4th
Scottish Cup - Quarter Finals
Scottish League Cup - No Present
Europa League - Last 32

4th is where we are. Ahead of the rest but miles behind the top 3. One day we will stand head and shoulder above the rest of the league but how long that will take is another story

SPL Review

Celtic - 8/10 - I rebuilt there squad in the 5 months i was there clearing out the rubbish adding some 1st team talent and mostly a youth team of superstars. Celtic have the potential to get better from here. Danny Lennon looks to be a good choice as manager. Last 16 in the Champions League too after winning the group. Matt Marshall was the runaway top scorer

Dundee Utd - 6/10 They only just won the title the last few years and im quite glad that there going to leave the 10 in a row record for me and Aberdeen. Quarter Finals in Europe and a League cup in a season of so close but yet so far

Rangers - 7/10 - Right in the fight all year but for the 3rd season in a row finished just in Dundee Utds shadow. Man Utd demolished them in Europe and a trophyless season was confirmed with a stunning loss to St Mirren in the Scottish Cup

Aberdeen - 6/10 Finished where we should have in the league poor in the cups were we were far from 100% and in the Europa League we lost to eventual runner ups Torino.

Hibs - 7/10 Wow back to back top 6 finishes. Sneaking past Motherwell at the death into a brilliant 5th. Sadly they made no impact in Europe

Motherwell - 6/10 Two horrific spells at the start and middle of the season kept the Monaco youth system from battling for 4th

Hearts - 5/10 - The Unlucky side to have to miss out on the top 6 and European football next term. Was a toss up between themselves, Hibs and Motherwell

St Mirren - 7/10 Awful start cost Danny Lennon his job after 20 years at the club. Scottish Cup win and a run to the Europa League last 16 made this a good year in Paisley

Dunfermline - 6/10 - A great recovery as they looked to be on a downwards spiral out of the top flight last season

Dundee - 5/10 - Season 2 went even better as they were never in danger of going down and usually had a gap to Ross County and avoiding a play off

Ross County - 4/10 - A standard County season flirting with relegation then waltzing through the playoffs

Falkirk - 3/10 - Were not ready to take on the SPL but came on strong at the end of the year. 22 goal Mark Brewster should be too good to go down with them.

Champions League Final
Man Utd 2-1 Barcelona
View attachment 336071
Repeat of last years final with Man Utd winning a game. Bit less dramatic this time

Europa League Final
Man City 3-1 Torino
View attachment 336070
They could beat Aberdeen but found a Mike Dann inspired Man City a bit tougher

Season Awards

Player of the year
Sebastian Wendelin
View attachment 336069
Hardly noticed him during his 3 season in Dundee but he was involved in over 25 goals from a defensive midfield spot.

Top Scorer
Matt Marshall
View attachment 336068
Clearly helped by my tactics at the start of the year

Young Player of the year
Jan Votava
View attachment 336067
Not sure how he won it this year rather than last year but deserved one non the less

Manager of the Year
Derek Adams
View attachment 336066
No way did he deserve it over Derek Adams. Tragic choice

Team of the Year
View attachment 336065
Fair mix of Celtic, Rangers & Dundee Utd players

Continental Standings

National Coefficients
View attachment 336064
Still 3rd and despite a small drop in points were still well clear of France, Italy & Germany

Competition Rankings
View attachment 336063
The SPL's rise goes on as we swap places with Russia and grab 5th place

Club Rankings
In the Club rankings Rangers Hit the top 10 with 10th while Champions Celtic stay 12th. Dundee Utd drop one to 4th, St Mirren up two at 34th, Hearts up as well to 50th and Aberdeen climb a good dozen to 60th after getting through the Europa Groups. The rest are between 117th and 142th

Season 20
2032/33

Pre Season
Rangers & Celtic loos a big player each while Aberdeen sell most of there squad to balance the books.
Tim Sherwood turns down the England job to go to Chelsea
Gary Locke leads Scotland to the European Championship Finals but loose to Czech Republic

Targets
SPL - Top 4
Scottish Cup - Youth Players
Scottish League Cup - Youth Players
Europe - Knock Out Phase in either Champions or Europa League

First full season back at Pittodrie with mega changes to the squad so im not setting big ambitions. A repeat of last year will do me.

Transfers
View attachment 335954
8 key players left as we tried to balance the books so plenty new players we still have work to do in the window. We still have work to do in the window

In

Andreas Nachreiner - AT
View attachment 335953
The young German will be my back up for the returning Armin Amari

Jens Rosenthal - MC
View attachment 335952
Fallen into my lap from the Bayern youth system which has served me so well in the past.

Milos Cermelj - DC
View attachment 335951
Signed to start but lost out to Martinez in preseason

Philip Goethals - ML
View attachment 335950
Neither of my youngsters look good enough to start on the left wing so the Belgian should sort that problem out.

Sergio Martinez - DC
View attachment 335949
Signed later in the window but won the starting spot from Cermalj

Manuel Retamal - GK
View attachment 335948
Had a eye on two keeper and one will be sold either in January or next summer so Retamal has the biggest challenge starting as my cup keeper

Joshua Thurtell - GK
View attachment 335947
No1 for the start of the year.

Marcus Holm - DR
View attachment 335946
I scouted the Swedish defender while at Dundee Utd but wouldnt leave Malmo for us

4 youth players join Lee Duncan and Craig Craig in the Youth side

Out
Mostapha Diarra never turned into the top class striker i hoped so he joins our closest rivals for less than £1m, Veteran Keeper Carl Ross was away to turn 33 and loose lots of value so i agreed a deal back in march, Right Back David Sumner was never good enough, Florian Pelletier wanted a move, Fernando Santos got a £3.3m Bid wich i could not afford to turn down, Matej Salkic & Lefteris Belegrinis never developed and were getting to old to improve to a top 3 level so they were sold and one player i was keeping Tony Longstaff was subject of offers from £4m-£5m which again was money i couldnt turn down.A team of reserve players were let go mostly for free but probably pulled in a good million for them.

Around the League
View attachment 335944
Celtic add some great Depth to there title winning squad
Hibs loose two key players from last years top 5 side
Inverness Return to the SPL with a pile of loan players from Arsenal
Rangers sell there right back for £19m, loan out a heep of youth but buy nobody

FM Season preview
View attachment 335945
Top 4 set to offer no surprises with any one of the top 3 capable of winning the title. Two mega odds favorites to go down

Current Starting 11
View attachment 335942
Only 4 players survive from my main team of last season. How many will return next year as we continue to try balance the books

August

Lyon put us down to the Europa League
5 wins where we score at leas 4 goals
Including a League record away win 9-1 at Dingwall

Fixtures
View attachment 335874

SPL
View attachment 335873
We have a mental goal difference as we sit tied 2nd with a great start mixing it up with the big 3. Hibs missing there big players they sold have lost all 5 of there opening game.

Europe
Champions League Qualifier
Lyon 2-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 335872
We came so darn close yet a late winner confines us to the Europa League

Europa Group J
View attachment 335871
Top seeds Atlanata should waltz this while i see little issue from Slovan Bratislava or Valerenga

Transfer Window
View attachment 335870
The traditional top 3 transfers all going out. Celtic make 1 big money signing

Aberdeen add two back up players
View attachment 335869View attachment 335868

September

Only Rangers keep us from a perfect League record in September
Solid start in Europe
Kids do the job in the League Cup

Fixtures
View attachment 335653

SPL
View attachment 335652
The top 3 has become the top 5 for now. Our perfect record away from the top 3 has us in the fight. Hibs get back on track and are replaced by the unluckiest team in the League Hearts

Europe
View attachment 335651
A draw it Atalanta puts us into a battle to win the group then as expected a win for the back up team at home to Bratislava

October

Celtic defeat us while we win everywhere else. Just cant get over the hump with the top 3
Youth side stumble to victory over Valerenga
Top 4 make it to the League Cup Final we face Rangers

Fixtures
View attachment 335592

SPL
View attachment 335593
Dundee Utd suddenly rush 5 points clear as the 1st quarter of the season comes to a close. 4 teams tied for 2nd.

Europe
View attachment 335591
We stay top but only just after a dodgy tired performance

November

We slip up against Valerenga drawing 1-1. We had 8 shots on target to 1! We still take top spot with wins over Atalata & Slovan Bratislava
Only 1 win in the SPL knocks us off the pace but without any European action to get in the way we can get back to buisness in Scotland next month
Easy win over Ayr in the Scottish Cup

Fixtures
View attachment 335556

SPL
View attachment 335555
Despite our poor month were still right on the old firms tails with St Mirren not too far behind. Non of the bottom 6 look ready to pull away from relegation problems

Europe
View attachment 335554
After giving Valerenga there 1st point of the campaign we win out to take top spot. Valerenga also hold Atalanta at home but dont deny them 2nd spot.

December

3 defeats in December end our league challenge.
Stevie May leaves Inverness to take over at Hearts after there boss left for Fulham. Taking over at Inverness is former Celtic youth player John Herron.
Very tough draw in the Europa League should mean a busy January

Fixtures
View attachment 335221

SPL
View attachment 335220
Top 3 are still looking like fighting for the title while we will hopefully not loose too much more ground and consolidate our 4th place. Bottom 4 look like the relegation fodder this time with Inverness & Hearts changing manager this month.

January

We upset Dundee Utd to beat them for the 1st time in ages. Immediately throw those points away to Motherwell after going 2-0 we lost 3-2 thanks to 3 injurys in 10 minutes. Thrashed them in the Scottish Cup for a bit of revenge.
Rangers put us out of the League Cup in the Semi finals

Fixtures
View attachment 335120

SPL
View attachment 335119
Rangers tie Dundee Utd at the top while the chasing pack catch us for 4th. 3 teams tied at the bottom. What are Hearts playing at

Transfers

Our sale of Curic to Hibs for £1.5m was the only piece of worthwhile action

Aberdeen
View attachment 335118
We sign midfielder Jack Cuss and sell Zeljko Curic. Back up keeper Retamal was sold to Inter Milan as planned.

February

Beat Sampdoria in both legs to reach the last 16 where SPL rivals Motherwell await
Injuries and a small squad lead to some hideous results back home

Fixtures
View attachment 335068

SPL
View attachment 335067
Rangers and United still tied at the top were 4 points dropped against Inverness & Hibs as St Mirren close the gap to ourselves to 2 points. Despite there success against ourselves Inverness 6 points behind at the bottom.

Europe

Aberdeen 3-1 Sampdoria
View attachment 335066