How the **** did you manage to beat arsenal 3-0 at their own backyard?

How the **** did you manage to beat arsenal 3-0 at their own backyard?

Possession wise we werent too far apart and we took all of our 3 clear cut chances while Arsenal missed all 10 of theres

November

Results at home and away go to pot with a leaky defense loosing points to Ross county & Dundee Utd at home then throwing away a lead in Turkey putting our European future in MAJOR jeopardy
Home victory to near rivals Aberdeen saves us from a total disaster at home
Falkirk dispatched with ease in the Scottish Cup
Hibs sack Terry Butcher

Fixtures
View attachment 408520

SPL
View attachment 408518
Back to back draws for us lets St Mirren back top as they go through a takeover. Aberdeen in 3rd are already 11 points off top spot.

Europe

Celtic 1-2 Arsenal
View attachment 408516

Sweet revenge for the Gunners who put on a much better display this time round. Galatasaray also won throwing the group totally wide open.

Galatasaray 3-1 Celtic
View attachment 408514

Being on the wrong end of a upset in Europe is sick. We couldnt afford to loose to the Turks in either game as it would probably mean we'll finish behind them and now it looks like we might which will mean no Europe after Christmas.

Group
View attachment 408513

Ideal situation is Arsenal beat Galatasaray and we beat Juve however i'll take anything that will see us in Europe after Christmas

Unlucky in the Champions League mate, you have got a very difficult group. On my Sunderland story Galatasaray won the Champions League in the first season and were runners up in the second season, so to have them as the 3rd seeds in the group in really unlucky!

Really like the idea of the story though, love managing in Scotland on the game so I might give the save a go at some point or on a later version of FM. Would be great if you could get it to a point where the SPL had over half of their teams in Europe XD

Will keep an eye on this, looking good so far, I reckon you could easily get into the next round of the Champions League if you set your tactics up right.

Have a look at the Croatian league for decent players on my Dinamo save Celtic have bout 9 players from the croatian leagues in 3 seasons. KIU

December

The festive season was full of gifts for the Parkhead faithful. Top of the table, a win against Juventus and last 16 in the Champions League
St Mirren were 1 game away from leading the League into new year till they lost to bottom side Hearts
Only Hearts keep us under 4 goals a game in the SPL

Fixtures
View attachment 408372

SPL
View attachment 408370

St Mirren already seem set for a top 2 finish as they are 20 points clear of those expected to battle for 2nd Aberdeen & Dundee Utd. Hearts finally hit positive points and will have to chase down there nearest rivals Hibs now managed by former Hearts boss Craig Levein

Europe

Celtic 2-1 Juventus
View attachment 408368

Ask and you shall receive they say and we got exactly what we wanted! Lee Griffiths scored the opener right on half time from a controversial penalty decision. Juventus equalized through Newcastle outcast Davide Santon. We were still heading through as Arsenal were comfortably ahead of Galatasaray our Champions League super man Griffiths popped up again to score the most another massive Champions League goal and cause the mother of upsets and secure or last 16 place.

Final Group B table
View attachment 408366

Last 16 Draw
View attachment 408364

Suddenly the Europa League doesnt look so bad!

Barca and Celtic are just drawn to each other in this competition it seems. Barca lead the way over in Spain as usual and share the same amount of points as us (36) at the time or righting. Big question is will we see Celtic 2012 where they could have beat Barca in both games or Celtic 2013 where they flopped during both games.

Will keep an eye on this, looking good so far, I reckon you could easily get into the next round of the Champions League if you set your tactics up right.

Well done for keeping the faith!

Celtic vs Barca 3 years in a row, Well done on getting through that difficult group mate!

December

SPL
View attachment 525735

St Mirren already seem set for a top 2 finish as they are 20 points clear of those expected to battle for 2nd Aberdeen & Dundee Utd. Hearts finally hit positive points and will have to chase down there nearest rivals Hibs now managed by former Hearts boss Craig Levein

.... Can you take over Hibs now.... please?

Last edited:

January

A Full month of SPL action
Top of the table clash at St Mirren park keeps the fight at the top alive

Fixtures
View attachment 407986

SPL
View attachment 407985

We finally get a bit of air between us and St Mirren but they do have a game in hand. Dundee Utd edge away from the Dons and Hearts make no progress in Hibs

Transfer Window

SPL
View attachment 407984
Outside of Celtic two sides loose there stand out players to the English Premiership with St Johnstone selling Stevie May to Stoke & Dundee Utd's Gary Makay Steven off to Cardiff

Celtic
Sold 4 Loaned 4

In

Martin Kelly - DR
View attachment 407983
Not sure how good Kelly could become in the future but again he has half a season to prove himself and like most players can play in the Champions League

Ricardo Kishna - MR
View attachment 407980
Ajax youngster so he'll come good? He has 6 months to prove he's worth ?10m in the summer

Damien Duff - ML
View attachment 407979
The Irishman's best days are past him but again he was a quick fix that will do this season since nothing was coming up in January.

Nicolas Anelka - AT
View attachment 407977
Has not set the world alight since his Chelsea days but im confident he'll do a job for us if called upon. Will be behind Griffiths and Pukki but offers some experience and depth for the Barca games

Out
At while building a SPL club its about maximizing the profits of players at the right age and the right time.

So Adam Matthews. Probably had a few more seasons before reaching his best but a ?4.5m was too much to turn down with Kelly on the market and a bunch of regens just 3 months down the road. His Back up Mikael Lustig also left the club with a similar story of ?3m for a back up being way too good to turn down.

Kris Commons is now in his 30's i was quite happy to take ?2m for him. Amido Balde was never going to get a game so ?1m for a 3rd choice player was good enough for me

Steven Mouyokol & Darnell Fisher leave on a free

/

Reckon this story has all the potential to become brilliant mate. Looking forward to this. KIU

February

Came so close to getting a win over Barcelona in the 1st leg.
Meanwhile in the League Cup we easily saw of St Johnstone so we reached the final where we'll play Inverness CT who are enjoying a good upturn in form.
Goals dried up domestically as our focus switched to Barcelona
Hearts failed to make any tracks on Hibs and it looks like my prediction for there survival is down the toilet

Fixtures
View attachment 407217

SPL
View attachment 407216

St Mirren keep right on our tracks as we both stuttered through the short month. Dundee Utd should be safe in 3rd now too while Hearts look down!

Europe

Celtic 1-1 Barcelona
View attachment 407215

I felt we put on a very proud display against Barcelona and the stats dont lie. This was not the 90% domination we saw in real life by a long way. After taking the lead which we held for most of the match for Barca's efforts on goal they probably earned a draw making the 2nd leg a far trickier affair.

Scottish Cup
View attachment 407214

Need 2 games, Extra time & penalties to get past St Mirren in the Scottish Cup.

March

SPL looks in the bag at St Mirren go on a 4 match loosing streak
Ross County embarrass us in the Scottish Cup
We make up for that shambles in the League Cup

Fixtures
View attachment 407113

SPL
View attachment 407112

St Mirren have gone to pieces and thats left us 13 points clear at the top. Im going to fill the team with younger or back up players for the rest of the season.

Europe

Barcelona 0-0 Celtic
Barca win on away goals
View attachment 407111

This time Barcelona did knock the stuffing out of us with shots and possession. We only made 1 chance the whole game with my plan to sit back and defend for our lives then hit them on the counter to try and steal an away goal but sadly it never came to be and Barca deservedly go through. JUST!

Scottish Cup
Quarter Finals
View attachment 407110

The treble dreams are over as the majority of the team was U19's We had to rest players for the Barca game. Was not worth it in the end. Just like real life its looking like a Aberdeen - Dundee Utd final

League Cup Final

Celtic 5-0 Inverness CT
View attachment 407109

Celtic were on fire here. Comfortable as could be and to top it off Lee Griffiths hit a hattrick to secure the golden boot in a 4 way tie.

View attachment 407108

January

A Full month of SPL action
Top of the table clash at St Mirren park keeps the fight at the top alive

Fixtures
View attachment 526568

SPL
View attachment 526569

We finally get a bit of air between us and St Mirren but they do have a game in hand. Dundee Utd edge away from the Dons and Hearts make no progress in Hibs

Transfer Window

SPL
View attachment 526572
Outside of Celtic two sides loose there stand out players to the English Premiership with St Johnstone selling Stevie May to Stoke & Dundee Utd's Gary Makay Steven off to Cardiff

Celtic
Sold 4 Loaned 4

In

Martin Kelly - DR
View attachment 526575
Not sure how good Kelly could become in the future but again he has half a season to prove himself and like most players can play in the Champions League

Ricardo Kishna - MR
View attachment 526582
Ajax youngster so he'll come good? He has 6 months to prove he's worth ?10m in the summer

Damien Duff - ML
View attachment 526583
The Irishman's best days are past him but again he was a quick fix that will do this season since nothing was coming up in January.

Nicolas Anelka - AT
View attachment 526588
Has not set the world alight since his Chelsea days but im confident he'll do a job for us if called upon. Will be behind Griffiths and Pukki but offers some experience and depth for the Barca games

Out
At while building a SPL club its about maximizing the profits of players at the right age and the right time.

So Adam Matthews. Probably had a few more seasons before reaching his best but a ?4.5m was too much to turn down with Kelly on the market and a bunch of regens just 3 months down the road. His Back up Mikael Lustig also left the club with a similar story of ?3m for a back up being way too good to turn down.

Kris Commons is now in his 30's i was quite happy to take ?2m for him. Amido Balde was never going to get a game so ?1m for a 3rd choice player was good enough for me

Steven Mouyokol & Darnell Fisher leave on a free

/

Mate, big mistake. Amido Balde is actually really good if you play him as a Target Man, and still good as a poacher.

Mate, big mistake. Amido Balde is actually really good if you play him as a Target Man, and still good as a poacher.

I really couldnt get him to work out for me. With my 2 striker tactic formation going down the pan too left less space for him and my normal tactic requires a striker who can move around. A big lumbering striker is no good!

I really couldnt get him to work out for me. With my 2 striker tactic formation going down the pan too left less space for him and my normal tactic requires a striker who can move around. A big lumbering striker is no good!

His Physicals improve quite rapidly, he had like 16^ for all physical stats for me when I sold him.