Due an update mate?

Sorry guys. Had a mental weekend. 12 hour day Friday, Had a long drive to get a car then a friends birthday Satarday, The dons Cup final Sunday COYR, and back to work Monday and a Xbox tourney last night. Not even looked at FM but will get some done today

End Of Season Run In

Title secured with a win at Dundee Utd
We Loose our 2nd game of the season at Pittodrie but win the other 3

Fixtures
View attachment 405757

SPL
View attachment 405756

Top 4 finished as they've been for a long time but Aberdeen had brilliant form during the run in. Top 6 was as expected and poor Hearts put on a monumental fightback in April but it was too late and they go down. Hibs will face either Falkirk or Dundee in the play-Off

Season 1 review

End of Season Headlines
Killie sack Allan Johnson and replaced him with Alex McLeish
Hibs recover from a 1st leg defeat to retain there spot in the SPL

Celtic 2013/14
View attachment 405721

Pre Season Targets
SPL - Winners
Scottish cup - Quarter Finals
Scottish League Cup - Winners
Europe - Last 16

Only objection i failed on was the Scottish Cup showing that i'll need a deeper squad next term.

Key Players

Fraser Forster
View attachment 405720
Its no coincident that our dodgy start to the season ended as Forster came back from his pre season injury. Another season where his reputation grew and to top it all off he picked up his 1st cap for England as he fights for a world cup starting spot

Emilio Izaguirre
View attachment 405719
A lynchpin at the back in the league but when we go off to Europe he's not so dependable. Will have my eyes open for a young Left back to take his place

Scott Brown
View attachment 405717
My captain lead my stacked midfield through the year but his ambition looks like it will take him away from parkhead. Planned to loose a midfielder in the summer so for the right price he'll be outta here!

Will Hughes
View attachment 405716
A Very solid 1st season for the teenager. Certainly one of the squads better players throughout the year. He will probably lead the midfield next season.

Derk Boerrigter
View attachment 405714
The Dutch winger started the season hardly sneaking a a seat on the bench but soon got his chance and added goals and assists and had one of our highest cub ratings this term

Leigh Griffiths
View attachment 405713
Griffiths was utterly inspired by his 1st season at Parkhead. averaged a goal a game in all competition falling 1 goal short of Henrik Larsson's all time single season record. His 30 league goals mostly scored to keep us in the hunt while St Mirren were worrying me. Would be hard to remove him next season.

SPL Review

St Mirren - 10/10 caused a HUGE shock by being right in the title hunt till the last 10 games thanks to Newcastle's Adam Campbell and Paul McGowan leading the front line while Marian Kello performed some magic at the back.

Dundee Utd - 7/10 The leagues most promising side saw young wingers Ryan Gauld & Nadif Ciftci contribute 32 goals just a few short of main striker Brian Graham's total. Keeping a hold of Gauld will be there main objective. He's possibly the only player from a main side i would sign to make sure he stayed in the SPL but ONLY if another side were to bid on him.

Aberdeen - 6/10 were the form side at the end of the season but didnt have enough to get into the top 3. The dons underperformed through the season and owe Adam Rooney for his goal a game ratio. Only Clangers, Mark Reynolds and Willo Flood played over 30 games showing that injurys cost them through the year.

Inverness CT - 5/10 had a awful 1st half of the season which saw them well out of the top 6. A solid 2nd half saw them safely into the top half but they need to add someone who will score 15+ goals next term after top scorer James Vincent finished with 6.

Motherwell - 4/10 Could rely on Henri Anier to bring in the goals but he also made more goals than anyone else in the Motherwell team. Keeping him will be there no1 priority and maybe clear out some of the overpaid donkeys on the bench or in the reserves.

St Johnstone - 5/10 were top of the bottom half and can only wonder what if they had kept Stevie May. A decent squad that lacked the lead striker that may have taken them to the top half.

Ross County - 5/10 The 1st side that are a LONG way form competing for a top 6 spot never mind getting into Europe ect. Kris Doolan from Partick kept County out of danger for now.

Partick Thistle - 6/10 Would just have been happy to survive with the shape there squad is in. Once again the presence of a lead striker kept there heads above water.

Kilmarnock - 3/10 Allan Johnston couldnt capitalise on SPL record scorer Kris Boyd or the quality french forward William Gros and deservedly that cost him a job. Hopefully Alex McLeish can get the best out of Boyd and take Killie back up the table.

Hibs - 2/10 A side in an awful mess. Like most teams they lost there best young players but unlike most sides they made no effort or ability to bring in suitable replacements and there performance was a joke to the extent that a destroyed Hearts team almost caught them up by the end of season. Lots of work for Craig Levein over the summer.

Hearts. - 5/10 If it wasnt for the 15 point deduction the Jambo's would have finished up in 10 which would have been a utter miracle with the state of a squad they were left with. I only hope they can sort themselves out and return the SPL next season but it may take a bit longer than that. At least they can have 4 big money matches with Rangers

Rangers - 6/10 Will get a mention since they are likley to be back in the SPL sooner rather than later. A few players have come and gone but there two stand out players Lee Wallace & Lee McCulloch both left to the English Championship.

Scottish Cup Final
Dundee Utd 1-0 Ross County
View attachment 405708

The young Dundee Utd side beat our conquerors in the final.

Champions League Final
Bayern Munich 1-1 Real Madrid
Real win 5-4 on pens
View attachment 405706

Defending champions are beaten by Madrid on Penaltys

Season Awards

Player of the year
Scott Brown
View attachment 405705

Young Player of the year

Adam Campbell - On loan from Newcastle
View attachment 405704

Top Scorer
Leigh Griffiths
View attachment 405703

Manager of the Year

Me
View attachment 405702

Team of the Year
View attachment 405701
My Celtic side has 7 players in the team

Last edited:
I love the SPL review giving us details of other teams

Season 2 - 2014/15

Celtic 2014/15

Targets
SPL - Winners
Scottish cup - Winners
Scottish League Cup - Winners
Europe - Champions League Last 16

Transfers
View attachment 405281
VERY Busy window so far and there is still plenty work to do.

In

11 players arrive for the 1st team squad. Pretty drastic considering where we were.

Martin Kelly - DR
View attachment 405280
Impressed enough on loan to secure a permanent move.

Patrick Van Aanholt - DL
View attachment 405279
Izaguirre's contract is running out and it was cheaper to take in Partick on lower wages and make a good profit on him in years to come

Alex Galvez - DC
View attachment 405278
The Spanish defender arrived to play along side Van Djik in the big games but they were only at the club together for a week.

Scott Dann - DC
View attachment 405277
Brought in to do what Galvez was bought for. important away games and Champions League games.

Clement Chantome - MC
View attachment 405276
Didnt need any central midfielders but for under ?2m i couldnt walk away with Scott Browns contract up at the end of the year and he's at his most marketable price so im expecting the captain to leave

Anderson - MC
View attachment 405275
See Chantome

Ibrahim Afellay - MR
View attachment 405274
Destroyed the wage structure to get Afellay in. Certainly my capture of the summer which will push Snodgrass onto the bench.

Robert Snodgrass - MR
View attachment 405273
In June Snodgrass was brought in to be a certain starter on the right wing. Will now be the back up winger.

Tom Ince - ML
View attachment 405272
Contract was agreed in January and despite the quality following him in i expect Ince to be my starting winger.

Ibrahima Traore - ML
View attachment 405270
Came in as back up before Afellay came available. Will struggle to get match time.

Matej Vydra - AT
View attachment 405271
Like Ince the Premiership player was signed up in January. Im expecting to see him put away a ridiculous amount of goals in the SPL but if not i'll get a good return for him in January and get Griff back in the striker role.

4 Youth Players come. A big search for more starts when i get rid of my players with short contracts.
View attachment 405267View attachment 405266View attachment 405265View attachment 405263

Out

Only two 1st team players leave but plenty set to follow.

Virgil Van Dijk - Leverkusen ?10m
View attachment 405269

Nir Biton - HSV ?6.5m
View attachment 405268

Several youth and loan players were let go

Expect to see stalwarts Scott Brown, Emilio Izaguirre, Kayal and Derk Boarrigter leave due to contracts expiring or a overdose of new players in there position.

Staff

Expensive staff like my assistant Mjallby and attack coach Garry Parker were allowed to leave to be replaced with Angelo Antenucci (***) and Josep Segura (Coa)

Around the League
The top 8 transfers featured ourselfs
After that the main moves were Inverness, Hibs and Aberdeen loosing key midfielders to England and also Aberdeen let go of there youth team star Colin Calderwood to Spurs. Exactly the kind of move i'll try stop in the future.
St Mirren Break ?1m and loan 4 Newcastle players including Adam Campbell and Sylvan Maveaux again to be backed up by Particks top scorer Kallum Higginbotham
Inverness try to make amends for loosing key midfielders by taking Jamie Walker & Brad McKay from Hearts

FM's Season Preview
View attachment 405262
Despite getting a stronger team than last year FM thinks St Mirren will fall behind Dundee Utd & Aberdeen. I expect a great 3 way fight behind us. At the bottom i think Partick and Ross County without there lead strikers will battle with Hamilton for bottom spot.

Continental Standings

National Coefficients
View attachment 405261

Scotland hop skip and jump up 2 places to 2st in the National Coefficients. Another good season from Celtic will see us jump Croatia this time next year. No major change in the Qualification places.

Competition rankings
View attachment 405260
SPL suffer a disaster falling 8 places to 23rd.

Current Starting 11
View attachment 405259

Massive changes. With only 4 players that started last season still there it will be interesting to see if the upgrade in quality has a immediate effect. Also note the depth Should have no problems fighting on 4 fronts

August

Vydra copies Leigh Griffiths last season and scores a hattrick on his League debut
We start with 6 wins from 6 in the SPL and move 7 points clear
Not so much fun in the Champions League

Fixtures
View attachment 404933

SPL
View attachment 404932
Were top, Aberdeen and St Mirren are where i expected. Dundee Utd and ICT are not while Hamilton struggle to adapt to the SPL

Champions League

2nd Round
Celtic 10-0 Birkikara
View attachment 404931
Two 5-0 wins with a fairly youth and back up team

3rd Round
Celtic 5-0 Molde
View attachment 404930
3 away goals in Norway had us through with ease to the play off

Play Off
Celtic 1-1 Debrecen
Debrecen win 5-3 on Pens
View attachment 404929

This was an abysmal two legged performance. We edged the tie which was bad enough but when it came to penaltys it was a total lottery where Will Hughes numbers didnt come up which put us down to the Europa League. utterly Gutted!

Europa League Draw

Group G
View attachment 404928
A Battle of Britain with Liverpool wets the appetite. Wont be complacent against Salzburg or Rayo after the champions league shambles.

Transfers
Deadline day massacre

Scottish Transfers
View attachment 404924
The reasons for Dundee Utd's downfall becomes clear although the did spend some money to bring Tam Scobbie back to Scotland in the only major September move

In

Alessandro Gamberini - DC
View attachment 404923
Depth at the back was dire and i didnt want to have to rely on u19's

Darren Fletcher - MC (loan)
View attachment 404921
With Scott Brown leaving i felt we were lacking a break the play up kind of player which i think Fletcher is a master at.

Marko Pavlovski - MC
View attachment 404920
Chased the youngster all last season and now to pick him up for under a million is a bargain

Ante Coric - MC
View attachment 404919
The Dinamo midfielder will be in the u19s for now till i can see a space for him.

3 other youngster join the u19 team
View attachment 404915View attachment 404914View attachment 404912

Out

5 more 1st team players from last season make there exit

Emilio Izaguirre West Ham - ?3.3m
View attachment 404918
Left for West Ham after Van Aanholt replaced him

Scott Brown - Southampton ?5m
View attachment 404917
After attracting interest all summer and he wanted a rediculous contract so he was let go,

Derk Boerrigter - Blackburn ?4.8m
View attachment 404916
The winger replaced by several new players and a offer of almost ?5m was laughable

Also leaving were Beram Kayal who hardly got a game before Anderson, Chantome and the new youth players arrived and Teemu Pukki couldnt get even get a sympathy run out in the side. Aidan McLlduff was the decent youth i let go as he is not worth ?2m!

Last edited:

September

St Mirren end our perfect start as we some how loose at St Mirren park
Horrific performance against Liverpool as i start to loose patience with my new squad
Rangers and Hearts lead the way in the Championship. Will they both come back up?

Fixtures
View attachment 404831

SPL
View attachment 404830

Aberdeen go clear in 2nd place, Dundee Utd find a bit of form but Hibs, ICT and especially Hamilton continue to struggle

Europe
View attachment 404829

Liverpool 2-0 Celtic

Not a massive shock in the result but our performance was dire. felt like i was watching Man Utd such was the scale of decline!

October

Back to perfect form in the SPL
We get two results in the Europa League but still not playing well
Youth team beat Killie to reach the League Cup Semi's

Fixtures
View attachment 404379

SPL
View attachment 404378

Ourselfs and Aberdeen pull clear in 1st and 2nd while at the other end Hibs find a bit of form leaving Hamilton and Inverness fighting at the bottom

Euro
View attachment 404377

A disapointing draw with Rayo probably mean we'll have to win in Spain and keep our heads for the 2nd Salzburg game.

November

We were Robbed against Liverpool.
Victory over Arbroath in the Scottish Cup
Busy Day in the sack race as Inverness sack John Hughes and Motherwell sack Stuart McCall. McCall is a bit of a surprise after a rocky start but John Hughes with a decent team only won 1 of his opening 15 games.
Former Cardiff boss Malky MacKay takes over at Motherwell while Russell Latapy takes over as caretaker at Inverness

Fixtures
View attachment 404016

SPL
View attachment 404015

Battle for 2nd starts to hot up with surprise package Ross County catching up. Inverness will need to grab a decent boss to save there season.

Europe
View attachment 404014

Dominated the 1st half then lost Stephen Kelly to a red card which left us lucky to escape with a draw. We'll need more than that in Spain in the decider against Rayo where its win and in.

December

Disaster in Rayo which will devastate the Scottish game for the next 4-5 seasons.
Russell Latapy get the Inverness Job full time
League title in the bag after another unbeaten month

Fixtures
View attachment 403849

SPL
View attachment 403848
Our unbeaten run takes us 19 points clear so plenty of chances for youngsters in the 2nd half of the season. Aberdeen still have a bit of space in 2nd while at the other end Russell Latapy has had a immediate effect on Inverness as they fly up the table and Hibs and Hamilton resume there fight at the bottom.

Euro
View attachment 403847

Rayo struck first in a tight game leaving us to go gung-ho to try get 2 goals in the last 10 minuts and Rayo caught us on the counter to secure 2nd place in the group and put us out of Europe.

January

With Europe out of the way i cleared up the squad to give youth players more chances in the 1st team.
Reach my 100th game as a manager in the League Cup
A awful run of results ends with a 6-1 win at Pittodrie and knocking St Mirren out of both cups 4-1
Ross County await in both cups

Fixtures
View attachment 403249

SPL
View attachment 403248

St Mirren move up to 2nd where they belong so far. Aberdeen have a awful start to 2015 dropping to 6th as Hamilton begin to fall behind the rest at the bottom.

Transfer Window

SPL
View attachment 403247
Top 6 transfers were all players leaving the SPL. No surprise that the two sides who struggled most Aberdeen & Hamilton were top of the transfers out list.

Celtic
View attachment 403246

In
Robert - Att
View attachment 403245

While i was looking for youth players to top up my side this gem was sitting on the transfer list. Not sure why Fluminense were giving him away but i'm more than happy to pick him up.

Out

Stefan Johansen - Porto - ?6.25m
On of the few players from day 1 who i will be sad to see leave. Usually reliable as my holding midfielder but with the money on the table and the high volume of midfielders in the team i decided to let him go.

Clement Chantome - Marsilles - ?3.8m

Ibrahima Traore - PSV - ?2.6m

Scott Dann - Blackburn - ?1.8m

These 3 were all brought in to move us to the next level in Europe but we flopped massively so i've cut my losses and moved them on to give my younger players a chance.

Two other players that left were Darren Fletcher who's loan came to a end and Alessandro Gamberini who had been poor when i tried him out and again there's no need for him so i let him loose too.

Febuary

Just when it all seemed to be going so perfectly Ross county came along and beat us in the SPL before scoring more goals than the other 6 quarter finalist. Luckily we scored 1 more
Still despite that were still on track for a treble

Fixtures
View attachment 402690

SPL
View attachment 402689
Were clear at the top, St Mirren are now clear in 2nd Partick's life without a striker finally caught up with them as they fall into the clutches of Hamilton at the bottom.

Scottish Cup Quarter Finals
Ross County 4-5 Celtic
View attachment 402688

What a game. Performances have not been at there best all season but for entertainment this was magic.

Last edited:
Just caught up with this .Great work don't lose faith with hughes taking penalties. .I have him for my Blackburn team and have done for 10 seasons and can't recall him missing one In all tht time

Just caught up with this .Great work don't lose faith with hughes taking penalties. .I have him for my Blackburn team and have done for 10 seasons and can't recall him missing one In all tht time

His Penalty Starts are not that great. Only got 11 in my save

March

Trophy month as we retain the League with a thrilling 5-3 win at easter road then the League Cup
Old Firm drawn together for the Scottish Cup Semi Final which will be one of the few games where we dont play youths.

Fixtures
View attachment 402669

SPL
View attachment 402668

As we secure the title St Mirren look set for 2nd. Nice northern battle for 3rd as Partick and Hamilton still look set for the bottom 2

League Cup final
Ross County 1-1 Celtic
Celtic win 5-4 on Pens
View attachment 402666

Says it all when Charlie Mulgrew wins the man of the match with a 7.2! We were awful. Made chances but so many sub standard efforts on our part made this a match decided by Brian Easton becoming the first person to miss a penalty with the last kick