Schalke vs Manchester United - UCL Semi-Final 26/4 & 4/5

“@dan_bu: Neuer: "Manchester United never was an option. Only in the media."” @Marcotti

Although I would truly love Schalke to go through, Manchester United are destined to go through to the final.

“@dan_bu: Neuer: "Manchester United never was an option. Only in the media."” @Marcotti

:'(

Great performance today. Really was superb. They had no chance, and Raul was kept completely silent. Can't see them doing much at OT especially off a performance like that. Just hope the players don't take them lightly off this performance.

Arsenal is the only team for Neuer ;)

Didn't watch the match.. Figured it would be fairly comprehensive so played FIFA instead with a mate :p

Seen the goals, though - Wayne Rooney is well and truly back in form. What an immense pass into Giggs and excellent movement for his own goal.. 6 months ago he would have scuffed that at the 'keeper!

I wonder how Utd will replace Giggs, though. At 37 (?) he's still a phenomenally important player.

I think he's throwing up a smokescreen tbh...and even if he doesn't want to join us; we'll have plenty of other keepers to choose from ^^)

Wow.

United dominance, or Schalke just giving them too much space?

Thought Carrick had a decent game tonight, albeit he was getting a lot of time on the ball. Nevertheless had a decent game and was pulling the strings.

Would also like to comment that Neuer is absolutely mental and he is my new favourite player. That two footed tackle/save attempt for the Giggs goal was absolutely ridiculous.

Don't know if posted.

Infostrada Sports on Twitter: "Edwin van der Sar has kept his 50th solo clean sheet in the Champions League. No other goalkeeper has achieved this milestone."

Pretty amazing considering he spent 5 years at Fulham out of the CL.

Hope Neuer doesn't join United. As it stands, they are difficult enough to beat with a 40 year old between the sticks; wouldn't like them to get a young one in and secure dominance for another 20 years.

Oh, and Munroe, are you the United fan from Football Forums?

Hope Neuer doesn't join United. As it stands, they are difficult enough to beat with a 40 year old between the sticks; wouldn't like them to get a young one in and secure dominance for another 20 years.

Oh, and Munroe, are you the United fan from Football Forums?

To be fair, all us United fans are probably dreaming; nothing concrete between him and bayern, but its all but certain to happen, shame becuase he is the one. Hope SAF throws everything he's got at trying anyway. i dont expect Schalke to be this bad again, good as we were though, but think the damage has certainly been done

Carrick was made to look immense by Schalke ( he was pretty good though). Hope this gives him the confidence to play at the level he had been, but does not give Fergie enough confidence in him to not buy a replacement.

Neuer : Hope he changes his mind and with him our defence will be set for years to come.

We are going to sign Neuer. We have tapped him up. Did you see SAF shaking hands with only Neuer and the cheeky smile. Yes, that says we are close to signing him. Even Neuer had a smile on his face, I can dream. Hope we sign him..

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Smoke screen. Yes we are signing him then. ;)

We are going to sign Neuer. We have tapped him up. Did you see SAF shaking hands with only Neuer and the cheeky smile. Yes, that says we are close to signing him. Even Neuer had a smile on his face, I can dream. Hope we sign him..

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Smoke screen. Yes we are signing him then. ;)

Blimey, you're worse than Scott. :p

Blimey, you're worse than Scott. :p

Scott has become sort of benchmark.

Im not that bad :p

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Oh and got the pic i was searching for.

Raul and Giggs swapping shirts.. LEGENDS

tumblr_lka1prldOE1qbzvoco1_500.png

Manchester United were a different class.. Rooney, Giggs, Hernandez and Valencia were out of this world.

Great result for United but I could not believe how bad Schalke were, one of the worst teams I have seen play against us. They literally had nothing to offer it was quite scary how bad they actually were.

Manuel Neuer was absolutely brilliant and he does look like the perfect GK for United. Come on Fergie get the credit card out lmao. (If not De Gea will do).

TBH, Schalke are not that bad team. Maybe they were nervous and it was such a big match, that there were many butterflies in the stomach and if you are not experienced it is really tough to get going in the big games.

TBH, Schalke are not that bad team. Maybe they were nervous and it was such a big match, that there were many butterflies in the stomach and if you are not experienced it is really tough to get going in the big games.

Raúl was saying in his interview with Sid Lowe that they've been doing so well in the CL because the pressure is completely off. They played Valencia and just thought "We'll give it a go and see what happens" etc.