Schalke vs Manchester United - UCL Semi-Final 26/4 & 4/5

Just watched the game. Schalke came out confident and put together some good attacks in the earlier minutes but after that they were absolutely terrible. I was hoping Neuer could keep it 1-0 so ManU would have to worry about the second leg but now they certainly don't and should be able to rest most of their players for the Chelsea and Arsenal games. Was the easiest semi-final opponent in history, that's for sure.

Neuer is very good though, would be a huge boost for ManU.

Was lucky enough to be there last night. Absolutely love European away games especially when we dominate and win like we did.

Whole team was fantastic and could have easily won by 4+. Valencia has been unbelievable since he has come back, keeping Nani out the team shows how great he has been. Park must be one of the first names on the team sheet for the big games and he never seems to disappoint. Rooney and Hernandez, unbelievable partnership and hopefully at United for years to come <3

"... We expected a different outcome. But we are happy because we played to our level. The problem is, Man United played at ANOTHER level !"
- Raul

53956245.jpg

fee0bd129735678
fee0bd129735678

Expecting a comfortable win tonight.

2-0, Berbatov and Nani to score.

Anyone know the line ups? On my phone so won't be able to post them up anyway.

#mufc team via @CliveTyldesley: VDS Rafael Evans Smalling O'Shea Nani Gibson Scholes Anderson Valencia Berbatov

United Starting XI:

VDS
Rafael
Smalling
Evans
O'Shea
Valencia
Anderson
Scholes
Gibson
Nani
Berbatov

Ferdinand, Rooney and Hernandez on bench.

Manchester United 1 - 3 Schalke

Obviously United's team won't be as strong as it could be (due to the game on Sunday), so I think Schalke will have a good chance, and I head it'll be Smalling & Evans in defence? With Raul playing, I think he'll get a few goals tonight.

If Schalke play like they played against Inter they got chance, but for that they need all their 1st team players fit and playing.

Manchester United 1 - 3 Schalke

Obviously United's team won't be as strong as it could be (due to the game on Sunday), so I think Schalke will have a good chance, and I head it'll be Smalling & Evans in defence? With Raul playing, I think he'll get a few goals tonight.

united have conceded just three goals the entire competition, yet you suddenly expect them to concede 3 in one night? slightly wishful thinking

Looks like SAF has already got one eye on Sunday which is no surprise.

2-0 Man Utd

Berbatov x2

Do any of you have any sites to look at this match on or will be streaming it?

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Rafael Da Silva, Smalling, Evans, O'Shea, Gibson, Scholes, Anderson, Valencia, Berbatov, Nani. Subs: Kuszczak, Evra, Owen, Giggs, Hernandez, Vidic, Fletcher.

Schalke 04: Neuer, Uchida, Howedes, Metzelder, Escudero, Papadopoulos, Jurado, Farfan, Baumjohann, Draxler, Raul. Subs: Schober, Sarpei, Edu, Schmitz, Karimi, Huntelaar, Matip.

Huntelaar making the bench? **** yeah, he'll come on and score 6 goals with Raul in the last 10 minutes.

Still going with my 2-0 win...

Been a much better start by Schalke, Nani looks really up for this game though.

Gibson is dead.

EDIT: he's alive.