Scholes blasts England

Scholes got it 100% true, epscially the bit about making the headlines and getting a move if we score a goal, its a team game, not a individual 11man game, england need 2 learn that. All the defenders/goalies are team game and rooney and wilshire (2 loyal players 2 there clubs), everyone else is there just to prove a point.

Scholes got it 100% true, epscially the bit about making the headlines and getting a move if we score a goal, its a team game, not a individual 11man game, england need 2 learn that. All the defenders/goalies are team game and rooney and wilshire (2 loyal players 2 there clubs), everyone else is there just to prove a point.

Against Switzerland Wilshere was the only player actually running around, making tackles, trying to change things. Actually looking like he wanted to be there and had pride to wear the shirt. Which is pathetic, because he was also by far the youngest as well.

Against Switzerland Wilshere was the only player actually running around, making tackles, trying to change things. Actually looking like he wanted to be there and had pride to wear the shirt. Which is pathetic, because he was also by far the youngest as well.

Also looked like the only one (possible exception of Parker) who understood the concept of 'teamwork'.

Just curious, but who all would you consider to be some of the "culprits" that Scholes points out? I don't follow england national team (I'm 'merican) so I wouldn't know.

Just curious, but who all would you consider to be some of the "culprits" that Scholes points out? I don't follow england national team (I'm 'merican) so I wouldn't know.

The reference to Aston Villa players is likely a barb at James Milner, Gareth Barry and possibly Stewart Downing. You could potentially class Ash Young in there too.

As for the 80 yard passes bit, that seems to be a bit of a Gerrard reference.

From the passers, definitely gerrard. But young, milner, downing about using england to get new clubs, certainly barry

EDIT: zoomed by Godcubed, ***

No manager is prepared to drop either Lampard or Gerrard(or both). They have no chemistry, and never play well together as they are too similar. Capello I thought would have had the corjones to do it, but he hasn't.

His long passes for Liverpool are pretty good, he finds the man more often than not. Not sure about England, I don't really watch them, I want him to retire from the international scene pretty soon.

His long passes for Liverpool are pretty good, he finds the man more often than not. Not sure about England, I don't really watch them, I want him to retire from the international scene pretty soon.

they're pretty average for liverpool too, used to drive Rafa insane. but its his thinking, he hits them when he just doesnt need to

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

No manager is prepared to drop either Lampard or Gerrard(or both). They have no chemistry, and never play well together as they are too similar. Capello I thought would have had the corjones to do it, but he hasn't.

I'd drop both. Parker, Wilshere, Rooney. Understudied by Rodwell, Thudd, Young

Indeed I want Gerrard to retire internationally, he's not appreciated at all.

Gerrard's 80 yard passes are more bollywood than hollywood.

I like the idea that Stevie G has to do a stereotyped Indian dance draped in blingin' jewellery before every pass over 20 yards.

they're pretty average for liverpool too, used to drive Rafa insane. but its his thinking, he hits them when he just doesnt need to

I think there's a grain of truth in both of these statements. I think he USED to play the 'hollywood' ball each time, without thinking. Now he's matured and knows when and when not to play them. Now when he plays them, successful or not, they're generally what's required.

I'd drop both. Parker, Wilshere, Rooney. Understudied by Rodwell, Thudd, Young

Yep. Maybe not Gerrard, he might still have a role to play.

Nothing to do with appreciation, he just doesnt do his job half the time

Again, little unfair. He'd be brilliant at his job if he was asked to do the one he was at club level, but he's often badly used (World Cup quallys, for example) and he feels that he needs to contribute more and overcomplicates things.

As opposed to everyone else who doesn't? hmpft.

I'd say Rooney takes a ton more abuse from fans than Gerrard does, I wouldn't want him to retire though.

You'd honestly want him to retire because people criticise him for hitting long balls?

I'd say Rooney takes a ton more abuse from fans than Gerrard does, I wouldn't want him to retire though.

You'd honestly want him to retire because people criticise him for hitting long balls?

Criticism along with the fact he always gets injured with England.

No, I reckon he wants him to retire to preserve himself for Liverpool.

Zoomed. By the person you asked in the first place.

I'll go now.