Scientists warn of 'superstorm' heading for California

Big one = Big ***** = Like myself.

so this would apply to yourself?
http://images2.memegenerator.net/Im...pg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Success-Kid

so this would apply to yourself?
http://images2.memegenerator.net/Im...pg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Success-Kid

Well I don't like to brag, buuuuttttt....

But this is majorly off topic.

On topic - Storm = Very bad.

People act as if there's only been storms and natural disasters in the last 20-30 years..
How anybody can just go "Oooooh, further evidence of global warming this is" is very naive.

Big storms are not new

In the 1970s in january where I live where it's usually 20 degrees Fahrenheit, it was 70+ for a few days.

If anyone can't see how global warming is literally man made (economically) then they are truly naive.

Just because people happen to think differently to your opinion on global warming doesn't make them naive.

People act as if there's only been storms and natural disasters in the last 20-30 years..
How anybody can just go "Oooooh, further evidence of global warming this is" is very naive.

It's the fact that the intensity and the frequency of these natural disasters is increasing in recent years, possibly due to climate change. I do believe that we (humans) are affecting climate change and that we need to cut down on our emissions. Equally you dismissing this as possible further proof to climate change is naive.

Think I may have been naive admittedly :$
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/11/29/climate.four.degrees.warning/index.html?hpt=Sbin

I do admit a good indicator is storms. As citys grow larger, they produce more convection, and updraft and humidity, which would fuel already unstable air, thus producing a severe thunderstorm/supercell, when it would have normally been a regular storm. Thats why you're getting more tornadoes appearing in major cities. That can be a pretty good indicator admittedly.

Theres some more interesting info on the same site. But some people do use "global warming" as a way to scaremonger I agree.

Last edited:
It's the fact that the intensity and the frequency of these natural disasters is increasing in recent years, possibly due to climate change. I do believe that we (humans) are affecting climate change and that we need to cut down on our emissions.

Theirs no substantial evidence to support Global Warming, the only reason people actually think its happening is cause Politicians are ringing our ears about it. History has shown that the planets temperature does fluctuate. Global Warming is a Theory and nothing more

link?

The law of recency is clearly in effect.

Just look at all the recent disasters. Australian floods, Pakistan floods
I completely agree this is still all a theory but it is a theory I do believe in and it does make sense

It's the worlds crusts they are shifting

it wont be long till we hit aposlute zero

What politicians are forgetting, is the devestation that Yellowstones Super Volcano would cause. It would be far more catastrophic

Just because people happen to think differently to your opinion on global warming doesn't make them naive.

When people fail or refuse to see the whole picture, then they are certainly naive.

Formulating a reasonable thought out opinion is a whole different matter, something I've yet to see in this thread.

Just look at all the recent disasters. Australian floods, Pakistan floods
I completely agree this is still all a theory but it is a theory I do believe in and it does make sense

I live in brisbane, my family is currently living with me because of the floods

We flooded due to drought(something Australia experiences often) and Mismanagement by the companys and the state government in control of our major damns With half of South East QLD dry the water just ran + the inability of the government to release the water out of the damns when they were at 190% the week before the floods caused a lot of the major flooding. If the the water had been systimatically released the week before, they wouldnt have had to release it all at once when the major rain/storm system showed up

Weather Fluctuates and if Global warming was true, the world would of been screwed during the industrial age when all the major powers put far more pollution into the atmosphere then we do today

we're not going to convince each other of our opinions and this thread was about this potential disaster about to hit California, not about Global warming so we should all probs get back on topic

there are a thousand+ times more plants in the world than during the industrial age