Scientists warn of 'superstorm' heading for California

You're sick.

Yeah, truely sick.

I take back my immature comment and will write something serious (which will obviously make a massive differance considering the devastation the storm will cause)

Oh god, this is absolutely tragic.

there are a thousand+ times more plants in the world than during the industrial age

They do not spew out the same amount of pollution(per factory) nor the same dangerous Chemicals and pollutants. We also have laws and regulations with regards to certain pollution that wasnt around in the industrial revolution the "trend" may have started then, but doesnt explain the 30+ years between the 1940 and 1970s where temperatures did not increase And yes this has gone off topic, i certainly hope california doesnt have to go through what we have been through in Brisbane

Thing is there's a lot of uncertainty in the scientific community. Some are saying it's a totally unfounded rumour, and some are saying it will happen. Looks like once again the public are the victims of uncertainty. Lets hope this isn't case. Be scary to think of the consequences

It's the worlds crusts they are shifting

it wont be long till we hit aposlute zero

If you are talking about *absolute* zero, as in the temperature, then it is physically impossible to reach that temperature.

If you are talking about *absolute* zero, as in the temperature, then it is physically impossible to reach that temperature.
Think he means 'absolute zero' in the way of urm.. how shall I put this?

Meaning end of the world = we're all ****** :)

They do not spew out the same amount of pollution(per factory) nor the same dangerous Chemicals and pollutants. We also have laws and regulations with regards to certain pollution that wasnt around in the industrial revolution the "trend" may have started then, but doesnt explain the 30+ years between the 1940 and 1970s where temperatures did not increase And yes this has gone off topic, i certainly hope california doesnt have to go through what we have been through in Brisbane

China is a little less strict I'm afraid

Think he means 'absolute zero' in the way of urm.. how shall I put this?

Meaning end of the world = we're all ****** :)

Why not say that then, since the term absolute zero implies that in no way at all.

I hope it doesn't affect 90210!

It's only possible storms. Will the Yank government really shell out loads in safety measures just in case it happens. Scientists have been wrong in the past.

I hope it doesn't affect 90210!

It's only possible storms. Will the Yank government really shell out loads in safety measures just in case it happens. Scientists have been wrong in the past.

They didn't mind shelling out for that killer swine flu epidemic.

Swine flu was killing people in Mexico though, this storm could be exaggerated.

Obama's already under pressure though, I just can't imagine him gambling since more often than not scientist's will predict with accuracy, if this storm happens and his office didn't prepare, the uproar wouldn't be recoverable.

The elements are clearly mad that Arnie left them.

EDIT: Just saw the California tourism ad on TV, what a horrid time to run that. xD

Last edited:
Obama's already under pressure though, I just can't imagine him gambling since more often than not scientist's will predict with accuracy, if this storm happens and his office didn't prepare, the uproar wouldn't be recoverable.

The elements are clearly mad that Arnie left them.
Better to be over prepared than under-prepared, they learnt that the hard way from katrina

Arnie saw this coming, hence why he retired. He's preparing in an underground lair to take the Big One head on and save the world.

Arnie saw this coming, hence why he retired. He's preparing in an underground lair to take the Big One head on and save the world.

I think he should get The Expendables together.

Sounds like it will make a good film in a few years, a bit like 'The Perfect Storm'

Maybe this is one big special effect for the Expendables II.

Global Warming isnt caused by humans, its something that happens naturally....

Ice Age, Earth heats up, ice melts, earth cools, water freezes, another ice age (repeats)

Its just Earth's cycle.

Global Warming isnt caused by humans, its something that happens naturally....

Ice Age, Earth heats up, ice melts, earth cools, water freezes, another ice age (repeats)

Its just Earth's cycle.

Can you prove that? No. Your opinion is not factual. I don't necessarily support global warming, but we'd be foolish to ignore it.