Scotland lose CL Spot

you cant buy tactics or good football, you buy the players to make the good football, if brighton had money it would be great, peoples hostility toward man city and tottenham is pure jealousy, in case of man utd to man city, and arsenal to tottenham its rivalry

I apologise if I offended you kevdo, and any other Scottish members.

I didn't mean for it to be a serious statement, as 19-11-08 pointed out, it was just a joke, perhaps in poor taste. I actually would like for the Scottish game to be more successful, and feel no animosity towards your country or football teams whatsoever, so I apologise once again.

I think we do get very defensive and we are quite bitter that the English game.

For Example....If i come out and call our league a joke, it goes un-notised but if an Englishman does it, then it's uproar and outrage.

I apologise if I offended you kevdo, and any other Scottish members.

I didn't mean for it to be a serious statement, as 19-11-08 pointed out, it was just a joke, perhaps in poor taste. I actually would like for the Scottish game to be more successful, and feel no animosity towards your country or football teams whatsoever, so I apologise once again.

Don't worry about it mate i know now you were only joking( thanks Anderson!)

I probably went into a rant because i'm slightly older than most people on this forum and have come across the anti-Scottish brigade in England but i have family who are English and know that not all people south of the border think like that,it just got my back up when i thought you had,will need to read post's better now though!:D

Pwned! The SPL is a terrible quality league and deserve to have one of their spots taken off them.

I am very disapointed with this. I know that the scottish league is not as good as the preimer league or spanish or even some of the smallers leagues in Europe but i really do not find its fair that countries like spain italy england get two or three teams auto qualify. I know its all about the cofiecent ratings and scotland are just not that good enough on that element. But the name champions should have the champions of their league in it only. I mean liverpool would never have won the champions league if this was the case. I know this is a controversial statement but that is what opinions are for haha.

I think that what it was originally but since it started there has become more and more countries especially in eastern europe to just put every team steaight into the groups.

Pwned! The SPL is a terrible quality league and deserve to have one of their spots taken off them.

y'know, instead of flying off the handle here, I'm going to just ask you to read ALL the thread first. Once you've done that, then say we're "pwned".

Unirea got 3 very fortunate goals at Ibrox and scored a stoppage time equiliser in Romania so it could really have went either way in those 2 games,Walter Smith tried to be more positve in going forward and it cost him dearly,if he'd have stuck "anti-football" as the Barcelona boys dubbed it I reckon we could have got that Euro cup spot?

So we've had a few bad years,it was only 2 and 3 years ago the old firm were beating the likes of Benfica,Porto,Sporting,Werder Bremen,AC Milan, Lyon and Fiorentina so give it time we'll get it back?

I toally agree with this comment as a celtic fan. If you go back about five years ago no team in europe wanted to play either celtic or rangers in europe at home. We allways give a good account of ourselfs thats why both got into the eufa cup final. The last 24 months have been dross i admit but what i hear a lot when listening to fans moaning on the radio about our league is that its a two horse race. Now in england is it not the samr? its pretty much Chelsea and Man utd all the way now. Then the top four allways the same four. I am an Arsenal fan, i am not saying the english league is boring i am saying its just as predictable as ours on who is going to fight to win the league.

this was ages back. don't bring back old threads

Mod

The SPL do deserve this CLP away from them, i myself are a Celtic fan and i am dissapointed with our season and European form, same with Rangers as well, but in the end, it really is down to money and the right players.

this was ages back. don't bring back old threads

Mod

what is wrong with him 'Bringing back' the thread. He wanted to put his opinion forward (and answer YOUR question). Who are you to tell him he can't post.

Once again, do you know anything about them, e.g players? You can't really make such assumptions.

I see your point Max but surely the fact that few people have heard of these teams - or have good knowledge of them - means that the Old Firm are therefore likely to have more chance of beating them?

Just a thought.