Scotland v Czech Republic

Mason*

Reaction score
Looking around couldn't find a thread about this if there is one it will be deleted

What does everyone think the score will be?

I say 1-1

Quite happy with the result tho they were the bette team for much of the game. Miller is simply not good enough to play up front on his own. Fletcher disapointed as usuall. Never gives the same dedication he gives to Man Utd.

great result for scotland, czechs are a tough team, which miller is this, lee or kenny?

no wonder, hes not that good, i think lee is better from what ive seen

We started off the way we played under Burley, Nervous i guess? The more the game went on we looked more comfortable.

I don't think he intended for Miller to be up himself however it cannot happen again as he is useless in that role. I thought Boyd did so much better up there, Had a few good knock downs.

We played a **** of a lot better and more confident in the second half, After we scored we had a 15-20 minute spell where we played some really good football.

Gordon made a few tidy saves,Webster looked decent, Caldwell is terrible, stop playing him please? Such a bombscare. Berra did ok when he came on, Wallace i thought was a bit off the pace but he was slightly injured and looked like he couldn't see out his left eye lol

I thought Hutton was pretty impressive, Really missed having him in our set up. Fletcher did better when he was given more freedom in the middle and Thomson had an ok game.

Amazing to get a win over a side 20 odd places above us in the rankings, Boosts the morale and maybe add some confidence. Sweden next, another tricky tie which will hopefully bring another decent performance.

Pretty much agree with Kris. Gordon looked his old self good to have him back. Shame he has never played in the champions league. Caldwell was lucky to get away with a few mistakes and Fletches was lucky to get away with one particular bad pass. Huton looked good defence wis but didnt look himself getting forward. I would have like to see more from our three centre midfeilders especially Fletcher.

Yeah, Hutton was amazing in our last Euro Qualifiers. He showed signs of that in the second half, I think him and Wallace could be a good full back pairing.

How has nobody mentioned Robson? I never thought that guy was good enough for Scotland but I thought him and Hutton played well, but star man was Dorrans? The guy was the best Scottish player on the park! His technique on the ball and passing was immense,I think he'll become a key player?

Millers ****** awful but i think Boyd's getting better at playing up top by himself he's working harder and became more unselfish,wouldn't mind him and Steven Fletcher in a 442?

Dorrans did look good. Looked confident and calm with the ball at his feet. We desperatly need more striking options. I think the big man wee man system would work well if we could get 2 players playing well. I think McFadden, Boyd would play well together. Hopefully McFadden will be back soon enjoy seing him play. Especially since hes a Springburn boy;).

robson is terrible. Hope we dont see too much of him

robson is terrible. Hope we dont see too much of him

I don't think he's terrible,ordinairy yes but thought he had a good game?

I'm not getting too excited still a long way to go yet?

I think Robsons a good player was just played out of position he plays better in the centre or on the left but I think Hartlys a good player would prefer him in that sitting midfeld role if we play it.

I think Robsons a good player was just played out of position he plays better in the centre or on the left but I think Hartlys a good player would prefer him in that sitting midfeld role if we play it.

I'm gonna be biased here mate but I'd prefer a fully fit Kevin Thomson in the holding role over Hartley,McCulloch or Ferguson? Him and Brown know each others game well so for me it's the 2 of them plus Fletcher in a midfield 5 with wingers either side? Just my opinion but I feel that's a good starting line-up and shape to get us started again? Maybe 4-4-2 when the players and manager gel better?

I'm gonna be biased here mate but I'd prefer a fully fit Kevin Thomson in the holding role over Hartley,McCulloch or Ferguson? Him and Brown know each others game well so for me it's the 2 of them plus Fletcher in a midfield 5 with wingers either side? Just my opinion but I feel that's a good starting line-up and shape to get us started again? Maybe 4-4-2 when the players and manager gel better?

You're onto something. Brown, D. Fletcher and Thomson should all be in the starting line-up, then whoever's been playing well. S. Fletcher and Boydy up top. Would be a nice 4-4-2!

I would prefer a 442. I think we dont play attacking enough and should look to change that.

GK - I think Gordon without doubt if he can keep fit.
DR - Not a position we have much depth in its pretty much Hutton tho I'm happy with that.
DL - Not decided who we should play there yet.
DC -
DC - Not got anybody consistant enough and need to strenghten pretty quickly.
DMC - Hartley would be my choice.
MR - ???
ML - McFadden
AMC - ???
FC - S. Fletcher
FC - Boyd

Thats harder than I thought. I'll have a think and come back to it.

Do you get ranking points for friendlies?