Scotland v Czech Republic

not only that to blame, but the growing 'x-box' culture, too many people locked up in rooms for hours on end 'pwning those no-scopers'

Haha Chaz I've seen "Drillo's Boots"! Well those shoes he wore were in the Ulleval stadium when I toured it a year or 2 ago.

And I feel part of the problem with Scottish football is the lack of commitment at junior levels, in other countries children see football as a way out of poverty and will do anything to improve their fitness and technique. Whereas in Scotland the booze culture is partly to blame for the lack of dedicated, professional youngsters.

Also, I don't see the point in having 10yr olds playing on a full size pitch with a size 5 ball. They need to play on smaller pitches with a smaller ball, encouraging technique and passing ability rather than size and strength.

Just my opinions, not saying it's all fact.

Nailed it!!!
How many of you guys on this thread have known or know someone who was a fantastic footballer and could have made it at a top team but when he hits the age of around 14 shall we say,he ***** it up through those 3 vices us Scots are proud of? ****,Drinking and Women?

I think young people in this country have everything at their disposal all too easy and when that happens you start doing things half arsed? I wasn't lacking in commitment just talent meaning sunday/saturday league was as far as it went for me but i'd have done whatever it took to turn pro?

We need a radical overhall where countries like France take their youngsters to Clairfontaine and school them as well as play football?

I know what you meen mate. I think I could have went pro if it wasnt for booze and gang fighting. Knew a couple af guys who were great players. One in particular was **** hot untill he broke his pelvis was never the same after that. Never played in an actual team but locally we had a league with about 8 teams and we had young ones and older ones. I played in both but was allways the youngest in the older one most of the guys were in their lat teen early 20s I was around 12 - 14 when I played before I started drinking and by the time I was 16 most of my team were in prison. I think only me and another guy are the only ones who havent been. (By the way some quality players played in some of the teams. I think 4 or 4 were in the Rangers youth system and one player in particular was out standing tho he played a few years before I started I did see him a few times. I'll leave you to try and guess who tho.)

Anyway I think that theres alot of things to contribute to why we arent producing the prospects we used to. I think some of the more important ones are alcohol and drug abuse and terratorialism and knife crime.

I know what you meen mate. I think I could have went pro if it wasnt for booze and gang fighting. Knew a couple af guys who were great players. One in particular was **** hot untill he broke his pelvis was never the same after that. Never played in an actual team but locally we had a league with about 8 teams and we had young ones and older ones. I played in both but was allways the youngest in the older one most of the guys were in their lat teen early 20s I was around 12 - 14 when I played before I started drinking and by the time I was 16 most of my team were in prison. I think only me and another guy are the only ones who havent been. (By the way some quality players played in some of the teams. I think 4 or 4 were in the Rangers youth system and one player in particular was out standing tho he played a few years before I started I did see him a few times. I'll leave you to try and guess who tho.)

Anyway I think that theres alot of things to contribute to why we arent producing the prospects we used to. I think some of the more important ones are alcohol and drug abuse and terratorialism and knife crime.

Theres a few players from Airdrie that went to Rangers and Celtic,one used to be mates with my wee bro and is a better player than goalkeeper,just moved to St Johnstone this year and playing 1st team so you'll know who he is?
But there was a lot better players than them that just fell by the wayside due other circumstances,i knew a bloke who went to Hibs after knocking back The Old Firm and a host of teams down south because he would get fast tracked into the 1st team,guess what? Turned up 1st days training totally pished and got his contract terminated! Downward spiral from there and can currently be found hanging about the shops begging for cash!
Totally sad?

Also, I don't see the point in having 10yr olds playing on a full size pitch with a size 5 ball. They need to play on smaller pitches with a smaller ball, encouraging technique and passing ability rather than size and strength.

Just my opinions, not saying it's all fact.

Becuase its not fact :p

I played 7 aside until i was abotu 12/13 then we moved onto 11 a side

exactly like this..

in Norway they start playing on 7 aside pitches with size 3 balls, then when they turn 13/14 they play on full size pitches.

Tbh, if Scotland just got a more organised system, we'd do a lot better. i'd love to see some of the money spent on repaving half of Glasgow spent on creating amateur clubs that could cater to youngsters.

What happened to the days wed produce Johnstones and Baxters eh.

What happened to the days wed produce Johnstones and Baxters eh.

Iong gone mate,closest to that is McFadden and he's so far from them he might as well be in the arctic! Lol!