Scotland v Czech Republic

yeah i agree with you but if mcgregor keeps his form up he should be getting more games for us

I would prefer a 442. I think we dont play attacking enough and should look to change that.

GK - I think Gordon without doubt if he can keep fit.
DR - Not a position we have much depth in its pretty much Hutton tho I'm happy with that.
DL - Not decided who we should play there yet.
DC -
DC - Not got anybody consistant enough and need to strenghten pretty quickly.
DMC - Hartley would be my choice.
MR - ???
ML - McFadden
AMC - ???
FC - S. Fletcher
FC - Boyd

Thats harder than I thought. I'll have a think and come back to it.

Surely Scott Brown in MR? And no Darren Fletcher? :S

am i the only one that thinks (although im probably biased) that young danny wilson could do just as good if not better job than caldwell. And again, my bias showing, why not have wee nacho novo playing for scotland?? i know what youl alll say, but the wee man will give his all for scotland, and we desperately lack a bit of pace and edge in the team?? and wtf happened to james morrison?

am i the only one that thinks (although im probably biased) that young danny wilson could do just as good if not better job than caldwell. And again, my bias showing, why not have wee nacho novo playing for scotland?? i know what youl alll say, but the wee man will give his all for scotland, and we desperately lack a bit of pace and edge in the team?? and wtf happened to james morrison?

great shout mate
novo would be good for us and i forgot about wilson he's turning into a great centre back

Wilson is too young. I would be ashamed if we starte using that 5 years rule to call up players. I cant remember the last time Fletcher gave an above average performance for Scotland. Probably because he knows he wont be dropped. Possibly Brown right or attacking mid.

fletcher is a great player when he wants to be but i cant remember him putting in a great performance for Scotland

Wilson is too young. I would be ashamed if we starte using that 5 years rule to call up players. I cant remember the last time Fletcher gave an above average performance for Scotland. Probably because he knows he wont be dropped. Possibly Brown right or attacking mid.

But would you be saying that if we were to call up artur boruc if we could ;)

i see your point with wilson, but not with novo, because i think spain is our last maatch in the qualifiers, and out of all the players in scotland at the mo, i think novo is the most likely to grab us a vital qualifying goal on a rain soaked madrid pitch. and seriously where is james morrison?

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

and by the way, think about it, aiden mcgeady couldve been a scotland player:S

We have Gordon **** Boruc lol. Morrison sucks you dont want him in the team surely.

I dont like McGeady much. Think we should cash in on him as soon as we can.

mcgeady isnt A bad player, in my opinion if played central and given the bergkamp role he is capable of taking defences apart. And about morrison he had a good season and i saw him in one match where he just ruled so just figured he cant have been that bad. And come to think of it, if mcgeady and the boy mcarthy play for ireland instead of their country of birth, surely we cna poach talented irish youngsters?? i mean it cant just work one way

McGeadys cant cross for ****, his passing and shooting arent great tho they are improving and when dribbling 5 times out of 10 he runs off the park with the ball.

We do poach players. Morrison for example.

McGeadys cant cross for ****, his passing and shooting arent great tho they are improving and when dribbling 5 times out of 10 he runs off the park with the ball.

We do poach players. Morrison for example.

I'm just so happy... finally a celtic fan admits mcgeady isnt the ******* irish pele!!! thank you so much mate youv made my day!!

and can i just ask when was the last time a proper scottish player made the breakthrough in the national side. people like fleck, sheridan, have got to step up!!! By the way, that lad that plays for celtic, josh thompson, is he scottish?

I'm just so happy... finally a celtic fan admits mcgeady isnt the ******* irish pele!!! thank you so much mate youv made my day!!

and can i just ask when was the last time a proper scottish player made the breakthrough in the national side. people like fleck, sheridan, have got to step up!!! By the way, that lad that plays for celtic, josh thompson, is he scottish?

Thompson's English.

What on earth do you mean by a "proper scottish player"??

Sheridan's Irish and Thompson's English by the way. 1 out of 3 isn't great.

Nacho is ineligible for us due to the home nations agreement of no dual nationality players outwith the U.K. nations can play for any of them,case's being Novo,Alumunia etc,etc?

My starting line-up would be.......

1.Gordon
2.Hutton
3.Wallace (best young LB we have,don't even mention Whittaker!)
4.Caldwell
5.McManus (they are the best combination we have like it or not!)
6.Thomson (better holding player than Hartley imo)
7.Brown
8.D.Fletcher (doesn't seem to play well for Scotland but still quality)
9.Boyd
10.S.Fletcher
11.McFadden

Ok,i think Danny Wilson could force his way into the set-up in 2-3 years time if he progresses at the same rate as this season,Boyd is the best striker we have along with Fletcher,forget Miller and the rest this is our best front 2!

Dunno if anyone agrees but i think that this team could do damage to most teams outside top 15 world rankings?

Nacho is ineligible for us due to the home nations agreement of no dual nationality players outwith the U.K. nations can play for any of them,case's being Novo,Alumunia etc,etc?

My starting line-up would be.......

1.Gordon
2.Hutton
3.Wallace (best young LB we have,don't even mention Whittaker!)
4.Caldwell
5.McManus (they are the best combination we have like it or not!)
6.Thomson (better holding player than Hartley imo)
7.Brown
8.D.Fletcher (doesn't seem to play well for Scotland but still quality)
9.Boyd
10.S.Fletcher
11.McFadden

Ok,i think Danny Wilson could force his way into the set-up in 2-3 years time if he progresses at the same rate as this season,Boyd is the best striker we have along with Fletcher,forget Miller and the rest this is our best front 2!

Dunno if anyone agrees but i think that this team could do damage to most teams outside top 15 world rankings?

I agree with most of it, but I'd like to see someone like Berra or Webster replace calamity Caldwell or McManus. And I'd have Dorrans either starting or coming off the bench, he was one of our best players.

I agree with most of it, but I'd like to see someone like Berra or Webster replace calamity Caldwell or McManus. And I'd have Dorrans either starting or coming off the bench, he was one of our best players.

I just think that as defence goes you need 2 CB's that know each other well,i.e. Willie Miller and Alex McLeish? I don't think Berra or Webster would look comfortable beside either of these 2?
Dorrans would have been in that team but i think McFadden gets the nod just for the goals and games he's had for us in the past,but Dorrans will be very close to starting after wednesdays game?

Personally, I would've chose a 4-1-2-1-2 to play. No doubt I'm happy with the result, but here's my personal choices.

GK - Craig Gordon. If he gets injured, then Allan McGregor
DR - Alan Hutton, easily.
DL - Danny Wilson could play this slot or the central defender spot. Maybe with Fox in this spot
DC - If Danny Fox is a Left back, then Danny Wilson to fit in here.
DC - Maybe have Christophe Berra in here.
DMC - Graham Dorrans, no doubt
MC - Darren Fletcher. He may not have the same committment internationaly, but he is one of, if not our best. players.
MC - Barry Robson. Good player with a wealth of experience.
AMC - Scott Brown. He played SO WELL in the Czech Republic match.
FC - Either Stephen Fletcher or James McFadden. We have good quality in front of goal.
FC - Kris Boyd. Anyone can play up front with him, always gives 100%.

Obviously there may be flaws, but this is just my opinion :)

I think looking over our choices weve got a pretty good squad bar perhaps CB and LB. Wilson is oe for the future and hopefully Berra con improve with age and Wallace also has age on his side. But in the long term things dont look too bad with the likes of Berra, Wallace, Cadis, Wilson, Fletcher, Fleck, Thompson(Hearts) to name a few off the top of my head.

GK - Craig Gordon. (McGregor)
DR - Alan Hutton, (Whittaker)
DL - Danny Fox (Wilson)
DC - Berra (Caldwell)
DC - McManus(Caldwell)
MC - Kevin Thompson (Graham Dorrans)
MC - Darren Fletcher. (Scott Robertson)
AMC - Scott Brown. (Naismith)
RWF - Stephen Fletcher
FC - Kris Boyd
LWF- McFadden

There has been rumours about Ferguson coming back but im not sure its the best for Scotland .
I think he is a good player and was a quality player for Rangers and Scotland a couple of years ago

What do you guys think??

Ferguason doesnt deserve to be in the Scotland squad. He constantly faked injury so he didnt have to play when he was captain.