Scotland v Czech Republic

Ferguason doesnt deserve to be in the Scotland squad. He constantly faked injury so he didnt have to play when he was captain.

faked an injury ?
never heard of him doing that before but if thats true he can **** off

He did it constantly. The was fine to captain Rangers a week later.

Anyway. The only one in your team id strongly object to is Fox.

Also anybody in Scotland go through my profile and join the FM -Scotland- Base group.

ok mate who do you consider are best defender? , striker?, midfielder?

Defence is our weakest position hard to pick whos the best.
Midfeild we have good depth if we are not affraid to drop Fletcher and try differt partnerships we could be really strong there.
Forward I think McFadden when he is fit.

for me ...
Defence- Hutton is a good right back by far the best right back we have got.
Midfield- Brown.Class Player. Fletcher and Thompson are good aswell
Striker- Boyd for goals, McFadden for all round

Oh and who do you think is better McManus or Caldwell??

Probably agree with you about Hutton in defence hes the only one really certain to be picked.

I think McManus is better. He had been poor for Celtic this season but not alot of people know hes been playing through an ankle injury. Hes a bit too incosistant for a CB but his best years are ahead of him still. Caldwell gets cought out of position far too often and lunges into tackles and gets cought ball watching. I never feel good with him playing.

Hopefully Levein will see that Caldwell isn't good enough for the scotland
Berra would do a better job tbh

Its a tough position to pick. Like Kev said you need two players who know each others game.

yeah i agree thats the only position that craig will have to take a serious look at

Its a tough position to pick. Like Kev said you need two players who know each others game.

Always nice to hear somone agreeing with me!

I think Leveins got a tougher job on his hands than predecessors Smith and McLeish (not going to mention the previous ***** of a manager!) in the respect that he doesn't have something that most Scotland teams have had? A solid defence to build on!

I agree with you Muzza,Hutton is our only automatic pick in defence? He's got problems trying to get a proper LB to compliment Hutton on the right? I think we have our weakest CB's for a very long time?

I think the midfield more or less picks itself with hopefully Kevin Thomson getting in there to allow Fletcher to express himself going forward? I think he suffers trying carry the midfield and do it all himself and thats why we never see the best of him?

Boyd is adding to his game all the time and whilst he's not everyone's cup of tea he could strike up a prolific partnership with Steven Fletcher being the most mobile of the forwards?
Chuck into the mix McFadden being a total virtuoso and we could have a very dangerous looking team?

Last edited:
am i the only one that thinks (although im probably biased) that young danny wilson could do just as good if not better job than caldwell. And again, my bias showing, why not have wee nacho novo playing for scotland?? i know what youl alll say, but the wee man will give his all for scotland, and we desperately lack a bit of pace and edge in the team?? and wtf happened to james morrison?

Wilson and Novo dont even get a regular game for Rangers, kept out by a 60 year old and Kyle Lafferty repectivly.

However, Wilson does seem an exciting prospect but hes not even been capped at U21 level yet (I think he was on the bench for his first call up last week v Azerb) He could well turn out to be another Fleck (although tbf to Fleck the Rooney tag was ridicolous and hes not been given that much chance since his break through, although he appears to have a bad attitude) Defos on current shoing Wilson could welll be the answer for us but at least not for another season or two (most probs become first choice, or at least second next season when both or one of the current pair retires or goes to the EPL)

Novo as useful a player as he is probably wouldnt be first choice XI for Scotland, would defos be good in the squad but I'd much rather not set a new precident for Novo, and the main reason he is so effective at Rangers is his determination and passion for Rangers, does he feel the same way about Scotland?

I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead has been injured for 9-12 months, hes just making his comeback now for WBA.

yeah i agree with you but if mcgregor keeps his form up he should be getting more games for us

Its internationals, there isnt exactly a lot of games, currently Gordon should be in goals for all of the competitive games, and the majority if not all of the friendly games in the hopes ofsdefensive unit actualyl gelling

We do poach players. Morrison for example.

I'd hardly say we poached him, England didnt want him so we got him

I'm just so happy... finally a celtic fan admits mcgeady isnt the ******* irish pele!!! thank you so much mate youv made my day!!

and can i just ask when was the last time a proper scottish player made the breakthrough in the national side. people like fleck, sheridan, have got to step up!!! By the way, that lad that plays for celtic, josh thompson, is he scottish?

I Don't think any Celtic fan with half a brain would claim that. At his worst he barely touches the ball, moans, fails to beat a player giving up possesion in key areas, hits it wide, cant pass or cross but at his best he does them all to a very high standard..its just a pity every season he seems to hit a rich vein of form for 2-3 months then plays average to pish the rest of the season.

As for Scottish players making a breakthrough i'd say Dorrans, McCormack and Hutton have broken through to the international scene relativly recently

sorry didnt realise sheridan was irish-apologies :$
but seriously, we dont have much "top" youth coming through do we?? you see countries in a similar situation in footbaling terms as us and they all have one star man eg: macedonia with goran pandev, Bosnia and herzegovinia with edin dzeko

Its the way football is viewd here and the culture. In other countries Sports is a subject as important as Matchs or English. In my experience there is nowhere to play. And if there is theres someone ruining it. Every football pitch round where I stay is right on the edge of two areas and where two gangs fight. I can allways remember even in school football would end up in a fight because someone was cheating and we would hardly ever finnish the game.

Norway's got a good system for creating a broad player base; anyone who wants to play plays for their local club from their 5-6. Means that even if you're ***** at football, you get to exercise. Norway's also got the largest youth's football cup in the world; though all of this has done ****** all for our overall performance;p

Its the way football is viewd here and the culture. In other countries Sports is a subject as important as Matchs or English. In my experience there is nowhere to play. And if there is theres someone ruining it. Every football pitch round where I stay is right on the edge of two areas and where two gangs fight. I can allways remember even in school football would end up in a fight because someone was cheating and we would hardly ever finnish the game.

Thats cuz you live in springburn, judging by your sig :p
and chez sexington, youz cant be that bad, youz got to like no.2 in the rankings in the 90's didnt you??

Thats cuz you live in springburn, judging by your sig :p
and chez sexington, youz cant be that bad, youz got to like no.2 in the rankings in the 90's didnt you??

We beat Holland, Brazil (twice), Spain, England etc, but we had a **** team, we were just tactically sound. We were doing what Greece did when they won the Euros. Norway's got the manager who masterminded all of this in charge again; was devastastingly effective against Scotland in Oslo last autumn. So far we've beaten Germany in a friendly as well (in Germany none-the-less).

just shows what you can do with a manager that knows the oppositions weaknesses

just shows what you can do with a manager that knows the oppositions weaknesses

Was more that he knew what his team were capable of; dogged defending and whacking balls up the pitch and hoping Solskjær (or Rekdal) netted them.

Sort of the style McLeish and Walter Smith are known for. Not pretty, but it works.

Last edited:
Haha Chaz I've seen "Drillo's Boots"! Well those shoes he wore were in the Ulleval stadium when I toured it a year or 2 ago.

And I feel part of the problem with Scottish football is the lack of commitment at junior levels, in other countries children see football as a way out of poverty and will do anything to improve their fitness and technique. Whereas in Scotland the booze culture is partly to blame for the lack of dedicated, professional youngsters.

Also, I don't see the point in having 10yr olds playing on a full size pitch with a size 5 ball. They need to play on smaller pitches with a smaller ball, encouraging technique and passing ability rather than size and strength.

Just my opinions, not saying it's all fact.

Haha Chaz I've seen "Drillo's Boots"! Well those shoes he wore were in the Ulleval stadium when I toured it a year or 2 ago.

And I feel part of the problem with Scottish football is the lack of commitment at junior levels, in other countries children see football as a way out of poverty and will do anything to improve their fitness and technique. Whereas in Scotland the booze culture is partly to blame for the lack of dedicated, professional youngsters.

Also, I don't see the point in having 10yr olds playing on a full size pitch with a size 5 ball. They need to play on smaller pitches with a smaller ball, encouraging technique and passing ability rather than size and strength.

Just my opinions, not saying it's all fact.

in Norway they start playing on 7 aside pitches with size 3 balls, then when they turn 13/14 they play on full size pitches. To most people it's a way of having fun, rather than a way out of poverty, though our best players (like Carew) do come from areas of less wealth (wouldn't call them poor).