Season Ticket Holders.

Well I live in Finland and have been AC Milan supporter from birth. I got my first Milan shirt when I was 1 and got new one every year for my birthday from my aunts husband who's italian and from Milan so he kinda made me a supporter.

I remember that I started watching their matches when I was about 4yrs old. And now as I'm older i travel to Milan 1-4 times a year and everytime go to match if there's home match.

So I'd think I'm a true supporter. I dont have lots of money, but I still try to save enough to get to at least one game in a year and watch every other game from TV.

Arsenal fan i've been from 97 when most of my friends were Utd or Liverpool fans and I wanted something different and I chose Arsenal and have been fan from since.

Using your theory about being a true supporter, you class the majority of fans for the bigger clubs as not being "true supporters" because they don't hold a season ticket. Your probably someone who thinks lower league fans are the true football supporters :S I'm not a season ticket holder for Man Utd but I do try to get to games but only being 16 and having no one in my family who like football stops me from travelling to mancheste as well as having a Saracens season ticket which means I can't make most games.

but where exactly are you from? I understand that it is expensive and having 'no one' in your family who likes football is indeed a bummer.
Tbh I used to be one of these 'glory hunters' I was a fan of Arsenal and loved them to bits but only ever went to one game. I realised the bigger picture and now proudly support my home town.

I definitely sympathize with the OP because of the 'glory hunters' or as we call them in the states, fair weather fans. Look at how many people on FM are ManU fans...I would say probably twice as many as any other club. I've never liked fair weather fans.

I only have one friend who is a fellow Notts County fan, the rest support Man Utd, Arsenal etc. My friend who is a Notts fan is in the RAF though so he's only in Nottingham once every few months, so we always make sure we get to a game or two when he's back. Being a true fan isn't about buying allofthe club's merchandise, it's about supporting the club through thick and thin, I was a Notts fan when we were on the brink of administration and I was a young teenager so I put my pocket money into the supporters trust buckets outside Meadow Lane. I don't have a season ticket but anybody who want sto start defining whether I'm a good fan or a bad fan can go and suck a fat one to be honest.

I'm from Ireland and I went to the United match on the weekend vs Biringham, It cost €250 for boat, hotel and match ticket and that then I brought £300 with me for spending money, now thats alot of money for a 19 year old student, I'm not a glory hunter being supporting United for as long as I can remember and I do one day plan on moving to Manchester so I can be close to stadium once I finished college.

Birmingham City - True Supporter (11 Year Season Ticket Holder/Merch Buyer/Away game support (at least 10 games every season)

Nuff Said ^^)

You want to see the price and waiting lists for season tickets at big clubs these days its a joke.

been a season ticket holder at plymouth argyle for about 7/8 seasons i typically went to around 3/4 away games a season though i prob wont go to any this season, i wouldnt call myself a die hard but i would say im a loyal support although only the last 3 seasons have been bad times for the club but i will still attend no matter how bad it gets, even if we drop again down to league 2 i will still renew and attend every home game

*Season Ticket Holder/Merch Buyer or Away game support = Good Supporter @ Southampton

Second season as a st holder now, and loving it. I did used to go to virtually every game anyway. Also go to 2 or 3 away games a season. Also I go to every single home cup match, including Man Utd on Saturday! :D

I like honesty, fair play mate :$

What more can i say, cant attend games as I'm from India, cant attend even a single home game, never mind away game or season ticket holder. I wont fit in any category there. Been following United for 10 years. Still we get branded as glory hunters :S

What more can i say, cant attend games as I'm from India, cant attend even a single home game, never mind away game or season ticket holder. I wont fit in any category there. Been following United for 10 years. Still we get branded as glory hunters :S

Well really you were drawn to United because of their success, due to them being known worldwide, there should be a better term for it, especially in situations like your own. But i think there is definitely a line of Supporting a team and following a team. its just very debatable of what it is.

go to watch luton every week and i always will. i have been watching the hatters since i was 7

Season ticket holder since 2006
Always buy a new shirt + other niceties
Usually go to away games about 10 every season....

Well really you were drawn to United because of their success, due to them being known worldwide, there should be a better term for it, especially in situations like your own. But i think there is definitely a line of Supporting a team and following a team. its just very debatable of what it is.

Yeah, maybe coz only United games were telecasted here in late 90s. We had no option other than to watch United matches. And with the style of game we played it was natural that we started supporting United.

Had a reason to support United- Yes
Glory Hunter? Is it not the term used to define fans who jump the ship as soon as their team stop winning trophies?

Never had a season ticket at Chelsea but i go to a few games every season. A little difficult as i live in Portsmouth but i do try and go to atleast 2-3 game minimum. I buy alot from Chelsea and also purchasing ChelseaTV. I watch every match on my laptop whether its first team/reserve or youth team and have done for the last 10 years. Although i cant agree that if you dont go to games you are not a supporter. Some people are less fortunate financialy or dont have anyone to go to games with but it dosn't mean they are any less of a supporter than you.

Forest- True Supporter and Arsenal Kind of supporter, but that's rubbish, I'd go to **** way more if I lived down there...

Yeah, maybe coz only United games were telecasted here in late 90s. We had no option other than to watch United matches. And with the style of game we played it was natural that we started supporting United.

Had a reason to support United- Yes
Glory Hunter? Is it not the term used to define fans who jump the ship as soon as their team stop winning trophies?

That explains a lot really.

Sort of yes, its not just trophies sometimes just a change of allegiance for some success reason.

Although i can see why many people get very passionate about labeling people glory hunters, as fans like myself that go to 30 games a season on average that spend all that money, travel all those miles, and then get some "supporter" from another club thinking they can tell us how bad our club is when they wouldn't know how to get to the stadium, is a massive insult!

It mainly occurs because those of us that do spend a considerable amount of time money and effort supporting our teams in such a way that we don't think someone who doesn't show the same sort of commitment should be allowed an opinion that is carried as high as our own.

I use it on many occasions with local supports of other teams, Villa, Wolves, Albion fans have been quick of recent games to rub it in to me that they beat us, which obviously irritates me!! But when they say it and they never go to a game, i just say "how often do you get down your ground" and they go silent...

You want to see the price and waiting lists for season tickets at big clubs these days its a joke.

Obviously it is different for Arsenal but for United not all season tickets were sold and you can get one for around 500 quid. Mine was only around £800. The traveling and European away games kill me in the pocket more.