Season Ticket Holders.

I go to Celtic games and Valerenga games every once in a while, but tickets are so dear that I can't justify the spending. And your categories are baws.

I've missed 2 league away games for County this season, missed one home because of a wedding. I've got a County shirt and coat, so yeah I do class myself as a true supporter.

But if you support a team, where it's easy to get tickets, and not far, and you don't go to games, then your not even a fan.

i dont think it is right for you to label someone not a supporter because they are not a ticket holder i am from ireland and it is far to expensive for me to get manchester for a match but in ireland i do try to get to alot of the St. Patrick's Athletic matches but i am not a season ticket holder

That explains a lot really.

Sort of yes, its not just trophies sometimes just a change of allegiance for some success reason.

Although i can see why many people get very passionate about labeling people glory hunters, as fans like myself that go to 30 games a season on average that spend all that money, travel all those miles, and then get some "supporter" from another club thinking they can tell us how bad our club is when they wouldn't know how to get to the stadium, is a massive insult!

It mainly occurs because those of us that do spend a considerable amount of time money and effort supporting our teams in such a way that we don't think someone who doesn't show the same sort of commitment should be allowed an opinion that is carried as high as our own.

I use it on many occasions with local supports of other teams, Villa, Wolves, Albion fans have been quick of recent games to rub it in to me that they beat us, which obviously irritates me!! But when they say it and they never go to a game, i just say "how often do you get down your ground" and they go silent...

I agree with that 100% - I get "County are ****" alot, when I clearly do not care at all, first of all, I knew we're **** as I go every week, secondly it proves they're all glory hunters.

And that is one of the main reasons I hate City and United so much, I wouldn't mind it if people actually respected the fact that I support my local team, and they don't, I could guarantee, that if we got into the Premier League/Championship all these City/United "fans" would come to County.

Also. I've never understood why there are so many United fans, in London.

I go to all Fulham home matches, rarely go away, way too expensive these days especially in the Premier League. Added on to the fact that Fulham are ***** away. Will probably go to a lot more games when I finish College and get a job unless I decide to go abroad.

i have a season ticket (3 years) and own all 3 rangers tops, only been to two away games this season but i went to at least 8 last season so i would say true supporter(H)

Obviously it is different for Arsenal but for United not all season tickets were sold and you can get one for around 500 quid. Mine was only around £800. The traveling and European away games kill me in the pocket more.

I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think the cost for a Arsenal season ticket is in the region of 1,200 pound. and a waiting list of 1000+. Also Boxs are 25 grand, but you must purchase a 4 year contract, so if you've got a spare 100 grand why not.

Had a season ticket at Sheffield Wednesday for the last 7 or 8 years

I think to be a real fan you must have attended every single game (home and away) for 140 years, buy every piece of merchandise from the club shop, and have the team's name tattooed across your chest and back. Otherwise I'm going to call you a glory hunter.

Season Ticket Holder/Merch Buyer/Away game support (at least 3 games every season) = True Supporter at leicester
and when i was younger i liked chelsea and always still check results and go to a couple of games a season:)

Been a West Ham season ticket holder for 5 years now considering im 15 :) go to about 5 away games a season :)

Birmingham City - True Supporter
Season Ticket Holder/Merch Buyer/Away game support (at least 3 games every season)
More like 15 away games though!!

Season ticket holder at Old Trafford for a number of years now. Have seen some highs (lifting the Premier League title, Paul Sholes goal against Barcelona) and the lows (losing 4-1 to you know who etc). Try and get to as many away games as possible but when 50,000 odd apply for 2-3,000 isn't always easy. I have been to two Carling Cup finals, Community Shield finals etc. Been to a few European away games, Lyon, Arsenal and FC Porto. I travel all the way from Southend, Essex to every home game although I have opted out of Carling Cup home games due to working nights.

I like to check up on my local side, Southend United and go to home games from time to time.

I have Supported Benfica all my life, never been to one of their games (mainly because i live in England and only go Portugal during summer >_>)

But by your definition of a true Supporter i don't support any football team.

home town team is Academica de Coimbra or Uniao de Coimbra (My dad played for them in his youth)

I have always supported Benfica mainly because my dad supported them and he brought me up supporting them and hating Porto and Sporting Lisbon :3

Currently my local team is Northampton Town don't really care for them as much as i did for Gillingham back when i lived down in Kent.

I think to be a real fan you must have attended every single game (home and away) for 140 years, buy every piece of merchandise from the club shop, and have the team's name tattooed across your chest and back. Otherwise I'm going to call you a glory hunter.

Talk about exaggeration..

So let's say a hypothetical situation. Someone has supported the club for 60 years, but can't afford to go to matches. By some people's logic he isn't a fan. Ridiculous.

And to the OP: I do have a season ticket, not Liverpool, my local team get one every year for the past 9 years mainly because it is cheap and I enjoy going to the games. To be a fan, you need to be a fan, not a season ticket holder, or a regular attender[?].

im a season ticket holder at leeds and i have been away to notts forest, barnsley, doncaster, norwich, reading, burnley, leicester, arsenal this season and have a ticket to hull on tuesday so i guess that makes me a true supporter (H)

plus buy a shirt every year and subscribe to lutv so i can listen to the away games i dont go to.

Last edited: