Season Ticket Holders.

Have had a season ticket at man utd for 3years know :D. I apply for most of the man utd away games but only get tickets for 1or2 per season :(

criteria is ridiculous i can't possibly afford a season ticket, i don't see how being some rich arsehole makes you a good fan, or even buying merch

criteria is ridiculous i can't possibly afford a season ticket, i don't see how being some rich arsehole makes you a good fan, or even buying merch

i aint rich (i wish) or a arsehole as you put it!!!!

i work hard which enables me to follow leeds.

Last edited:
My step-dad has been a season ticket holder at Elland road for over 20 years, home and away. been all over Europe at times following the whites. He's has been doing this despite us living nearly 200 miles away.
Being at university, I cant afford to go every game, but I have made it to 6 games already this year, and have at least another 2 games sorted.
Arsenal however, I only watch on TV, and have never been to see them play. So going by that list Im a true supporter of Leeds, and a fan of Arsenal.
HOWEVER, I feel that rating kinda system is very harsh, many followers of prem clubs may not be able to afford the £500+ season ticket cost, or may have moved to other parts of the country, and it would now be unfeasible to make it to games...

Go to about 5 Arsenal games a season..

and I've missed 2 hayes home game so far this season.

Season ticket holder at Old Trafford for a number of years now. Have seen some highs (lifting the Premier League title, Paul Sholes goal against Barcelona) and the lows (losing 4-1 to you know who etc). Try and get to as many away games as possible but when 50,000 odd apply for 2-3,000 isn't always easy. I have been to two Carling Cup finals, Community Shield finals etc. Been to a few European away games, Lyon, Arsenal and FC Porto. I travel all the way from Southend, Essex to every home game although I have opted out of Carling Cup home games due to working nights.

I like to check up on my local side, Southend United and go to home games from time to time.

Now MrStubbs as much as I hate both teams you support, that right there is true dedication. tikabooson.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL MAN UTD FAN'S. WHY MAN UTD?
If you do follow them fill this in:

Why?:
Where do you live:
Why Man Utd?: (If not Manchester and surrounding area)
Who Is Your Local Team?:

Last edited:
Now MrStubbs as much as I hate both teams you support, that right there is true dedication. tikabooson

I've seen a few classics between Southend and Colchester down at the old Layer Road and the your new ground, always a good atmosphere when these two meet.

Why Manchester United? Well I lived in Manchester for 4 years (yes I know, not very long) and my dad's side of the family is from there.

Just because I live in Scotland doesn't have anything to do with it. I still go to 90% of league games and as many away games as possible. Go to most European away games, have been to the two Champions league finals in recent years.

Where you live doesn't matter and why does it matter who people support? They will support who they want.

I've seen a few classics between Southend and Colchester down at the old Layer Road and the your new ground, always a good atmosphere when these two meet.

It's always an absolute corker! Especially when Adam Barrett misses the ball! See Video:

YouTube - Colchester vs Southend - Funny Goal

Where you live doesn't matter and why does it matter who people support? They will support who they want.

This is exactly what this debate is about. They may well 'support' who they want but the majority follow teams like Utd because they consistantly win things, this making them only really a fan, unless they actually input money into the club via ticket sales etc. jeeessh.

Last edited:
True Brentford supporter here.

Season ticket holder for last 8 years (been going to games since 1987) - Buy home and away shirts each season and attend probably 4 to 5 away games each season.

Manchester United - Good Supporter, I'd say.
Newcastle United - Kind-of-Supporter; I've been to one or two games, got a Newcastle shirt and always follow the results. I live in Newcastle when at uni.
Crewe Alexandra - Kind-of-Supporter; When I'm back at home (either Christmas or Summer) I can't get down to games, but before I started uni I went to a few games after being converted by a mate who lives next to Crewe.

Fan Since: 1991
Where do you live: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Why Man Utd?: In the family
Who Is Your Local Team?: I guess it'd be Stockport County, but I'm more of a Crewe fan due to my mate's influence. For instance, I could name the Crewe team but only one or two of the County side.

I think to be a real fan you must have attended every single game (home and away) for 140 years, buy every piece of merchandise from the club shop, and have the team's name tattooed across your chest and back. Otherwise I'm going to call you a glory hunter.

Talk about exaggeration..

Talk about missing the point...

Manchester United - Good Supporter, I'd say.
Newcastle United - Kind-of-Supporter; I've been to one or two games, got a Newcastle shirt and always follow the results. I live in Newcastle when at uni.
Crewe Alexandra - Kind-of-Supporter; When I'm back at home (either Christmas or Summer) I can't get down to games, but before I started uni I went to a few games after being converted by a mate who lives next to Crewe.

Fan Since: 1991
Where do you live: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Why Man Utd?: In the family
Who Is Your Local Team?: I guess it'd be Stockport County, but I'm more of a Crewe fan due to my mate's influence. For instance, I could name the Crewe team but only one or two of the County side.

Good to see your from Stockport :)
Bad too see you don't support County

lives: Essex
fan since: since I can remember
why? Because my old man is a Manchester City fan along with a fair few of my family
local team: Southend United

Good to see your from Stockport :)
Bad too see you don't support County

Likewise mate. Lovely place init? ^^)

Well, when I got a bit disillusioned with football a few years ago due to player salaries, lack of passion etc. I started to follow County's results. However, my mate persuaded me to splash out on a ticket for Crewe vs Swindon a fair few years back. It was the worst game I'd ever seen - it ended 0-0 and the biggest moment of the game was a Swindon striker missing an open net. Regardless of that, I really enjoyed the passion and the whole grassroots thing.

My last Crewe game was actually the game at Edgeley Park, where County edged out Crewe 4-3 in a cracker of a game. I was in the away end and it was ******* it down, but everyone was bouncing. The closest I can get to that now is Gateshead I guess, or if I go enough out of my way I could try Blyth Spartans.

how is that bad?

I was having a laugh, he's from Stockport, so I'm saying it's bad he doesn't support County, in a non offensive way

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Likewise mate. Lovely place init? ^^)

Well, when I got a bit disillusioned with football a few years ago due to player salaries, lack of passion etc. I started to follow County's results. However, my mate persuaded me to splash out on a ticket for Crewe vs Swindon a fair few years back. It was the worst game I'd ever seen - it ended 0-0 and the biggest moment of the game was a Swindon striker missing an open net. Regardless of that, I really enjoyed the passion and the whole grassroots thing.

My last Crewe game was actually the game at Edgeley Park, where County edged out Crewe 4-3 in a cracker of a game. I was in the away end and it was ******* it down, but everyone was bouncing. The closest I can get to that now is Gateshead I guess, or if I go enough out of my way I could try Blyth Spartans.

Yeah it's quality ;)

I remember that game well. Oli Johnson lob, immense! :D

Man Utd fan (from what you define as a supporter), as a student it is ****** hard to find money for food let alone a ticket. Also a fan of Basingstoke Town, do always hope they don't have to fight for relegation most years in the Blue Square South.

Fan Since: 1996 (I think, can't remember when I first supported them)
Why?: Dad supported them
Where do you live: Basingstoke
Why Man Utd?: Dad is from Manchester and he supports them
Who Is Your Local Team?: Basingstoke Town

Been a Blyth Spartans fan for 3 years. Had 2 season Tickets. Go to about 10 away games a season and most Pre-Season games. Would go to more away games but distance is my barrier !!

Fan Since: Went to my first game when I was 3
Why?: My local team
Where do you live: Stockport, Offerton
Who Is Your Local Team?: Stockport County