Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roonaldo

Club Captain
Reaction score
Introduction
This is a joint story between me and SamScfc. We will be using StuW's update and be managing Brighton & Hove Albion. We shall be updating regualarly. Our aim is to reach promotion and to make it more of a challenge we will be setting our experience as Automatic. I will be posting my first update soon and so will Sam. Final good luck to Sam and let the story begin.

football140.jpg

Best of luck lads. :D

Good luck guys.

Last edited:
I'm pretty bored so I'm gonna do my intro.

View attachment 84020

View attachment 84021

SkySports.com can today announce the departure of Brighton and Hove Albion manager, Gus Poyet. Poyet only recently joined the Seagulls, but Chairman **** Knight admitted that he and Poyet didn't see eye-to-eye. "Unfortunatley me and Gus never really got on the right track, and we put the club's best interest at heart and faced the truth, that Gus will have to leave the club.

The Brighton board are already interviewing candiates to take the club forward but a spokesperson for the club had this to say: "The club want to appoint a new manager as soon as possible, but want to get the right man, but it should be within a number of days, not weeks."

PETER WARD IN AT ALBION

View attachment 84022

Former Stockport and Motherwell assistant-manager, Peter Ward has been appointed manager of Brighton and Hove Albion on a one-year contract, Ward has never been in charge of a club, but has been assistant to Jim Gannon, who both had a lot of success at Stockport. "I was considering staying with Jim, but this is a club going places, a club with a lot of ambition and I couldn't turn that down, especially when a club shows so much interest and faith in you, all that matters now, is if I can pay them back on the pitch." Ward will be working with former players such as Gary Dicker, Jim McNulty and Liam Dickinson, who he had at Stockport, and admitted they are in his plans, and will be vital to any success the club has.

- - - - - - - -

more updates tommorow..

Nice pic of Gus, Best of luck lads I am going to be this threads NO.2 Fan. :wub: :)

I'll follow this aswell boys.

Hopefully you'll make it fun.

Nice start Sam.

A New Dawn...

I was watching in shock as Sky Sports News reported the depature of Gus Poyet as manager of Brighton & Hove Albion. Chairman **** Knight claiming that "Poyet and the board didn't meet eye-to-eye and that a fresh approach was needed". Fresh approach...hmmm. I went and grabbed my mobile. I called the Brighton Press Officer.
"Excuse me I would like to speak to Mr Knight," I told him
"About the job," he replied
"Yes."
I was told to come to the Withdean Stadium in an hour. Time for a coffee break!

"Thank you sir. Please take a seat," the secretary said.
As I looked around I didn't really see any famous faces. I sat there staring...drinking my cup of tea. A few minutes later I saw a man leaving the Chairman's office. He hadn't turned yet so I couldn't see his face. I thought it was one of the club workers at first. But then as he turned around I instantly recognised him. The song "Football's Coming Home" echoed through my mind. It was El Tel...Terry Venables.
"I'm f****d," I said to myself
"Excuse me," the secretary said.

"Mr Barnes, please report to the chairmans office," the receptionist told me
I got up from my seat walking down the long, empty corridor. I past many rooms. Finally I reached my destination. Cautiously I knocked. I couldn't make any bad impressions. The bellowing sound of "Enter," couldn't be muffled by even these thick doors.
"Take a seat," he told me
I duly obliged.
"Now you want to be the next manager of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club," Mr Knight kindly reminded me.
"Well I hope I haven't arrived at Brighton & Hove Albion Cricket Club!" I tried to show my humouros skills. He didn't laugh.
"Anyways...what is your current occupation?"
"Well I work as an electrician. But I have coached school teams," I replied
"Right..." he looked unimpressed
"Apart from school teams what are your credentials in football?"
"Well I am an avid fan of this sport. I play Football Manager if that helps. I also help my local team as a coach. My under 13s have won their league and cup double. I am also a passionate football fan. And I personally believe that if you give someone with passion and enthusiasm a chance they might do better than someone who wears fancy scarves and makes his coaches do most of it. I would love it if you gave me this job."
"That was very interesting. I will be making my decision within the next couple of hours. We haven't had many applicants. Other than that thank you for coming."
With that I exited the office.

Three hours later. I was quite bored. Watching the Friends Provident T20 highlights. As the adverts came I switched to Sky Sports News. Eight hours ago I was astonished when Poyet got sacked. The new breaking news made me flabbergasted. It read: Richard Barnes to become new Brighton & Hove Albion manager. Suddenly my phone started ringing. I was recieving text messages from my friends and families congratulating me. Then I recieved a call from Mr Knight.
"Evening gaffer. I'll see you tommorow morning."
"Yes you will!" I replied
What a day!

Very nice start Anu.

I know you may say no, but can I join this story?

Ok, I've asked him.

I look forward to reading your update.

Status
Not open for further replies.