• Sam

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Anu

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers again Chris. :p

Playing the last game of the season now so I'll update in about 30 mins. :)

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

BRIGHTON GET PLAY-OFF SPOT

Following a poor showing in the last game of the season against Hartlepool, there was still room for celebration as Brighton claimed a Play-Off Spot and will play Southampton, who finished 3rd.

Brighton have beat Southampton already this season by winning 4-2 but manager Peter Ward says that his players will need to be on the top of their game.
"This isn't the league, this is completely different, we've played brilliant at times, and some, we've played shocking, so we need to be on our 'A' game if we want to beat one of the best teams in the lower leagues."

Peter Ward claimed the manager of the month award for April after winning all the games in the month which was previous to a 4 - 1 loss to Brighton; but it didn't matter, Brighton's season will go on for a litttle longer, and it could be one of the biggest games in the club's history!

[Can't post screenshot of table]

Great stuff Sam! :D

I bet you win it. ;)

Great stuff Sam! :D

I bet you win it.

MISTAKE PROVES COSTLY AS GULLS FALL SHORT

Things couldn't have gone better for Brighton in the first leg Semi Final play-off game versus Southampton as Anton Jongsma scored a great chip to set Brighton on there way to a win, but with 3 minutes time added on, and in the 94th minute, James Tunnicliffe, made a mistake that will haunt him forever, on the edge of his own box, he played a ridiculous pass to goalkeeper, Mark Ridgers, and it was easy for Dan Harding to intercept and score the easiest of goals.

TUNNI 'WANT'S HIS MUMMY':

View attachment 85510
"I'm so sorry"

Centre-back James Tunnicliffe has plead with the fans to forgive him after his ridiculous mistake in an interview with 'TheArgus.co.uk'
James Tunnicliffe had this to say: "I'm gutted, I will never be able to forget that, I didn't think there was any danger, and if I could turn the clock back, and whack it into the stands, believe me I would, I thought Mark was closer to me than that, and I didn't believe how far away from the goal I was, but when I saw Dan Harding put the ball in that net, I just wanted my mummy, all I can say is I'm so sorry, and I wish we have a similar opportunity next season."

Brighton played with great resilience, but the class of Southampton was too much as Wojcech Lobondizski scored to break the noise in the ground, and leave the Brighton fans, simply, gutted.

View attachment 85512

It is understood, that Ward WILL stay on as manager.
[Which means I will carry on the story on even if Anu decides he only wants to do one season].

It is understood, that Ward WILL stay on as manager.
[Which means I will carry on the story on even if Anu decides he only wants to do one season].

I'll carry on too (H). I'll be updating the rest of the season today. Next update in 30 minutes

Bye bye Barney...

The cries of "Bye bye Barney" was unbearable as we lost at home against Exeter. It has been a terrible month. October...the decline of our season. God forbid. It started well to be honest. A goaless draw against title contenders Charlton Athletic. We then won in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Second Round match against Yeovil Town five-four on penalties. But it all went horribly wrong on the tenth day of the month...

"How the f**k can you lose four-one!!" it was a disgrace. Our performance was a disgrace. I even forgot our goalscorer-it was that bad. (My assistant told me Jamie Cureton scored). Okay our next game was a much better result and performance. Three-one against Huddersfield Town. Liam Dickinson and Cureton scored. We then proceeded this victory with two defeats. First one-nil away to Oldham Athletic and then one-nil at home to Exeter. I'm becoming a laughing stock.

As I entered the upper stand towards my office my phone rang.
"Hello"
"This is Knight, get here now!" he sounded furious.
"You f*****g idiot!! How could you blimmin' lose to Exeter flippin' Town? Are you on drugs? Listen here Barnes, you get us in the play off places or it will be bye bye Barney! Now f**k off!!"
I have some serious thinking to do...

Ooooh, getting interesting ;)

Where are you in the league, stick some league table screen'os on. :)

My predictions: Sam will lose Playoff final, Anu will lose his cool, and reload to get into playoffs, then Read sam hasn't won, and looses the final aswell.

Nahh just kidding, good story BTW.

My predictions: Sam will lose Playoff final, Anu will lose his cool, and reload to get into playoffs, then Read sam hasn't won, and looses the final aswell.

I can tell you now I am no way near the play off places :$

WRONG: I didn't lose the play-off final. ;)

brightonhove.png

BRIGHTON CLINCH SCOUTS BUMBOY.

Brighton want promotion, and with these signings, it seems like they must get it.

• Jason Koumas: Free - The veteran midfielder is the type of midfielder that was unlucky not to get a chance in the premierleague after developing well in the Championship, but injuries hinderd his improvement, but has now, had to accept the fact that he is a Championship player at best, but has now moved to League One Brighton, he is currently injured and will the start of the season, but will surely cement a place in the starting-line-up for The Gulls.

View attachment 85638

• Febian Brandy: Free - The young pacey striker will be a contender for the top scorer at Brighton this season as his development and the tutorship from the likes of Wayne Rooney are certain to make him a deadly force in Brighton.
View attachment 85643

• Dean Kiely: Free - The most experienced and respected footballers is now at Brighton and Mark Ridgers will have his work cut out this year as, back in his day, Kiely was one of the best keepers in England and the 39 year old is still going strong.

View attachment 85645

Now for the:

SCOUTS BUMBOYS:

At number one:

• Graham O'Brien: £7K - Shamrock Rovers - The 17 year old winger has been regarded very highly in Ireland and now in England as Brighton clinched a great player and someone with great potential, O'Brien is a certainty to be starting in the left of Brighton's midfield.

View attachment 85646

At number two:

THE BEAST!

• Filip Sebo: Free - What a beast this guy, is, goal after goal after goal after goal, it seems that no-one can stop Sebo so far as he leads the goalscoring charts in League One.
View attachment 85650

COMING THROUGH THE RANKS:

PHIL PITT:

View attachment 85651

AND THE REST:

View attachment 85652

I'm actually delighted with the businness, we should definatley be challenging for Automatic Promotion!

Last edited:
November and December

Wahey!! I've won my first ever FA Cup match-albeit it being in the first round against AFC Wimbledon. We dominated and duly won the match three-one. Nicky Forster netted a brace whilst I gave a rare start to Glenn Murray who marked it with the third and final goal. Four days later we faced an in-form Colchester United side in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Quatre-Final. A two-nil victory saw us progress to the semi-finals of the tournament. Liam Dickinson, starting to get form netted both goals. Adam Virgo took the gloss of what was a perfect team performance by needlessly getting himself sent off. My words to him after the game: "Get lost"

Peterborough United, looking to bounce back into the Npower Championship hammered us. It was embarrasing. I think it was three-one. No sorry Mr Knight "kindly" reminded me it was four-one. Nicky Forster who netted in that game also found the back of the net against Yeovil Town-but in another losing cause. We lost more gracefully by two goals to one.

In between the matches I managed to sign a promising young right back on loan from Chelsea. His name is Nikki Ahmed, Sri Lanken.
"Morning Nikki, welcome to Brighton & Hove Football Club." I welcomed our new loan signing. No doubt he'll be in the squad for the next game. Mr Knight is on holiday in Majorca so I doubt he'd have recieved the news yet. But it means I get a stress free week. Until he gets back.

Stevenage Borough were hammered by our ruthfull and for once clinical finishing. Nicky Forster and Liam Dickinson both finished with two a piece as we won the game four-one. It's interesting to note that these two are starting to find form as Jamie Cureton is going through a drought. Strange.

Well Mr Knight has arrived back but I'm sure he'll be pleased with our performance as we beat Charlie Austin's Swindon Town two-one. Andreas Weimann and Cureton scored the goals that finished them off.

Liam Dickinson helped himself to a marvellous hattrick as we crushed Tranmere Rovers four-two.
"Give the ball to the flanks," was my reapeated phrase during this game as we played about with our tactics.
"Get in!! Hattrick!!" my first ever hattrick scored by one of my players. Oh and Jamie scored the other.

"We can still do this. We can get that play off spot. We just have to believe. Concentrate. Pass the ball. Don't just pump the ball into the box. Work it into the box. Andre you can spot a pass. Do it. Get the ball to the wingers. We're better than Hartlepool United. Lets get one over Jeff Stelling! Come on!!"
My team talk did wonders. We won the match two-nil. And guess which players scored...Jamie and Liam. It seems Nicky only scores if no one else in our team scores. Strange.

"This is our moment...our chance to get to the final. On paper they are better than us. But football matches aren't decided on paper." I had to get this message into the players minds. It was the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Semi Final. They weren't many clear cut chances. The match went to penalties.
First to step up was Jamie. He scored. And then Peter Brezocan saved Rory Fallon's penalty.
"YESSS!"
Everyone else in the shoot-out kept their nerve. It was down to their captain Carl Fletcher who had to score.
"YESSSSSS!!" his penalty hit the outside of the post. We are in the final!! Jubilation!!

Colchester got their revenge. They defeated us two-nil. We then drew nil-nil to struggling Brentford. Our play-off hopes were getting ever harder to reach. Our final game of 2009 ended badly-a two-nil defeat to Bristol Rovers. I started to doubt our promotion chances. Suddenly we are in a relegation battle...

November and December

Wahey!! I've won my first ever FA Cup match-albeit it being in the first round against AFC Wimbledon. We dominated and duly won the match three-one. Nicky Forster netted a brace whilst I gave a rare start to Glenn Murray who marked it with the third and final goal. Four days later we faced an in-form Colchester United side in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Quatre-Final. A two-nil victory saw us progress to the semi-finals of the tournament. Liam Dickinson, starting to get form netted both goals. Adam Virgo took the gloss of what was a perfect team performance by needlessly getting himself sent off. My words to him after the game: "Get lost"

Peterborough United, looking to bounce back into the Npower Championship hammered us. It was embarrasing. I think it was three-one. No sorry Mr Knight "kindly" reminded me it was four-one. Nicky Forster who netted in that game also found the back of the net against Yeovil Town-but in another losing cause. We lost more gracefully by two goals to one.

In between the matches I managed to sign a promising young right back on loan from Chelsea. His name is Nikki Ahmed, Sri Lanken.
"Morning Nikki, welcome to Brighton & Hove Football Club." I welcomed our new loan signing. No doubt he'll be in the squad for the next game. Mr Knight is on holiday in Majorca so I doubt he'd have recieved the news yet. But it means I get a stress free week. Until he gets back.

Stevenage Borough were hammered by our ruthfull and for once clinical finishing. Nicky Forster and Liam Dickinson both finished with two a piece as we won the game four-one. It's interesting to note that these two are starting to find form as Jamie Cureton is going through a drought. Strange.

Well Mr Knight has arrived back but I'm sure he'll be pleased with our performance as we beat Charlie Austin's Swindon Town two-one. Andreas Weimann and Cureton scored the goals that finished them off.

Liam Dickinson helped himself to a marvellous hattrick as we crushed Tranmere Rovers four-two.
"Give the ball to the flanks," was my reapeated phrase during this game as we played about with our tactics.
"Get in!! Hattrick!!" my first ever hattrick scored by one of my players. Oh and Jamie scored the other.

"We can still do this. We can get that play off spot. We just have to believe. Concentrate. Pass the ball. Don't just pump the ball into the box. Work it into the box. Andre you can spot a pass. Do it. Get the ball to the wingers. We're better than Hartlepool United. Lets get one over Jeff Stelling! Come on!!"
My team talk did wonders. We won the match two-nil. And guess which players scored...Jamie and Liam. It seems Nicky only scores if no one else in our team scores. Strange.

"This is our moment...our chance to get to the final. On paper they are better than us. But football matches aren't decided on paper." I had to get this message into the players minds. It was the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Semi Final. They weren't many clear cut chances. The match went to penalties.
First to step up was Jamie. He scored. And then Peter Brezocan saved Rory Fallon's penalty.
"YESSS!"
Everyone else in the shoot-out kept their nerve. It was down to their captain Carl Fletcher who had to score.
"YESSSSSS!!" his penalty hit the outside of the post. We are in the final!! Jubilation!!

Colchester got their revenge. They defeated us two-nil. We then drew nil-nil to struggling Brentford. Our play-off hopes were getting ever harder to reach. Our final game of 2009 ended badly-a two-nil defeat to Bristol Rovers. I started to doubt our promotion chances. Suddenly we are in a relegation battle...

That's the first time I've fully read your update!

BTW: Tony Bloom is the chairman, not some Knight guy, **** Knight was there old one. :)

So, where are you in the league now then?

That's the first time I've fully read your update!

BTW: Tony Bloom is the chairman, not some Knight guy, **** Knight was there old one. :)

So, where are you in the league now then?

I'm 16th in the league. I feel kind of silly over the chairman thing but I'll carry on using Knight

brightonhove.png

BRIGHTON - SEASON PREVIEW: 10-11

With last season's desperately unlucky end, Peter Ward admitted that unfortunate defender James Tunnicliffe was unlucky to be sold to Gillingham but admitted that it was the right time for the young defender to move onto his 3rd club.
With many of the new players knowing what the higher divisions are about, there experience will be vital in any success Brighton will have this season, as the media has predicted them at, last years finish, 6th. And the board have indicated that, that is their aim, and there could be consequnces if those actions aren't met; but Peter Ward isn't feeling the pressure: "Last year, was a success, so there's no reason why I should feel the pressure this time around."
But he has already indicated his preferred XI:

Kiely

Calderon Batth McNulty Capaldi

Koumas Drinkwater Plessis O'Brien

Sebo Brandy

It looks like this team is very capable of achiveing a very respectable finish in the league as they have all got good reputations and good futures.
One to watch; Graham O'Brien was looked at by many clubs, but it was Albion who got his signature.
"I loved it at Shamrock, but it was the right time, to develop my career, in England and push myself, but when the gaffer said I would be a key member of his first-team squad, I had to take the chance, and hopefully I can repay him."

One thing, Brighton do have an advantage of, that not many teams do, is the play-offs, Brighton's painful loss to Southampton taught them, and was vital as an experience and make them stronger as players.

"It was painful not too play at Wembley, but all the lads want to put that right and make this club great, and get to the championship."

BRIGHTON RELEASE NEW KITS!

View attachment 85793 View attachment 85792

*Credit & thanks to gjtank!

Brighton are delighted to announce that Puma will supply our new kits this season, with the clubs official website being the main sponsor. Fans are delighted of the change of style after having so many years of Blue and White stripes and, Rob Clare [Coach] has said he is delighted with the kits!

- - - - - -

Bumsex that update. ;) haha

Season expectation for 2010/11?

Status
Not open for further replies.