Shakhtar Donetsk - Foreigners Out! A Ukrainian Story

Shakhtar

View attachment 369101

Transfer Window Round Up Summer 2012

So i decided to splash out and pick up Zozulya after i saw that he had been transfer listed for wanting to move to a bigger club, he was brilliant in my Dnipro save and is another Ukrainian to add to the squad.

View attachment 369102

Transfer History

View attachment 369103

Ilsinho and Rat both left the club for small fees but neither were part of my plans and i thought i better recoup a little of all that money i spent!

Ukrainian League Transfers

View attachment 369104

Well we were the big movers and shakers with all of the big deals coming from us, Kiev's best bit of business has been not selling anyone​

What have you done with DENTINHO who's in Shaktar 3? He's quite good. There are a couple more decent players there who can either be utilised in main team/be sold for decent money.

There are a couple of decent Ukrainians (not necessarily young but not that old either) lurking in the lesser teams of the league which can be picked up and do a decent job. Also what I noticed when playing in the Ukrainian leagues, Ukrainians with not great stats tend to play better than the sum of their parts.

What have you done with DENTINHO who's in Shaktar 3? He's quite good. There are a couple more decent players there who can either be utilised in main team/be sold for decent money.

There are a couple of decent Ukrainians (not necessarily young but not that old either) lurking in the lesser teams of the league which can be picked up and do a decent job. Also what I noticed when playing in the Ukrainian leagues, Ukrainians with not great stats tend to play better than the sum of their parts.
i think dentinho is out on loan first season in the new patch, brought ilsinho, hubschmann, eduardo and rat out of the second team but sold rat and ilsinho

Shakhtar

View attachment 369246

August 2012

League
Vorskla 3 - 2 Shakhtar
Eduardo 1, pen 52

A shocker! We took the lead but that was the only good point of the match for us, glad i brought Eduardo in though.

League
Tavria 0 - 4 Shakhtar
Fernandinho 2 Kucher pen 22 Eduardo 65 Rakitskyi 67

A brilliant win as a tweak in the tactic has helped but im still not happy that we are the dominant force we should be.

League
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Metalist
Mkhitaryan 38

A goal from our supposed main man gets us the win against a good side in the Mentalists.

League
Kryvbas 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Zozulya 66

Zozulya comes off the bench to grab his first goal for the club and the equalizer but we should really be beating them comfortably.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 369250

Chornomorets are the suprise league leaders so far with Dynamo having a shocker down in 8th 7 points behind us already.

Stats

View attachment 369252

Teixeria has been playing the AMC role behind the two strikers and has been superb with a series of decent displays and quite a few assists to boot.

Champions League Groups Drawn

View attachment 369253

We couldnt have asked for an easier draw really, Arsenal should be the only challenge and we should qualify for the knockouts with ease.​

Shakhtar

View attachment 369264

September 2012

League
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Illichivets
Fernandinho 94

Fernandinho literally gets the latest goal in the whole existence of Football Manager to win us this league match.

League
Metalurg Zp 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Teixeria 26

We just dont seem to be able to stay in the lead, our side seems to get tired very easily and some are knackered before we even get to half time despite a lot of rotation.

Champions League
Arsenal 3 -2 Shakhtar
Mkhitaryan 38 Gai 50

Well we lost but it was a hard fought loss where we had a fair few chances and away from home this was a promising start to our european campaign.

League
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Goverla
Nadji o.g 78

A late own goal wins us this match against lowly Goverla i think im going to have to look at the tactic a bit and see what i can sort out.

Ukrainian Cup 2nd leg
Olexandriya 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Zozulya 41 Devic 90
Srna sent off 66

I just dont know why Srna went crazy and got sent off just after coming on in this match which was full of reserve players dominating a lower league side.

League
Arsenal Kyiv 0 - 3 Shakhtar
Zozulya 33, 47 Eduardo 45

Well i think i have the tactic sorted! We outclassed them from start to finish and we looked a constant goal thread with these two upfront.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 369265

Chornomorets are still top of the league but i think its only a matter of time we take top spot the key point is we are still 7 points clear of Dynamo Kiev.

Stats

View attachment 369268

Centre Back Krystov is top of the average ratings and has been keeping out much better players in the side at the moment including the former Barca player Chygrynski.​

Shakhtar

View attachment 369284

October 2012

Champions League Group
Shakhtar 3 - 0 Ajax
Adriano 32, 89 Fernandinho pen 43

A good win in europe as we dominate Ajax and put ourselves in good stead for the knockout stages.

League
Shakhtar 3 - 1 Metalurg D
Chygrynskyi 12, 25 Eduardo 75

Another good win as the tactic seems to be working well and it was the former Barca centre back who grabbed us the all important goals to win despite barely playing so far this season.

League
Dnipro 2 - 4 Shakhtar
Eduardo 8 Fernandinho pen 62 Adriano 65, 89

Another good win especially against what most people would consider the 3rd best team in the league.

Champions League Groups
Gladbach 2 - 2 Shakhtar
Zozulya 26 Stepeneko pen 91

What a poor result you would think our penalty was a late equalizer but it was not! They score a minute after we scored the penalty!

View attachment 369289

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Chornomorets
Eduardo 63 Zozulya 93

An amazing win against the suprise league leaders as we dominate the game with our forwards converting chances being the difference.

Tactical Genius

View attachment 369290

After some decent performances in the league recently i have definetly found the tactic for me!

Ukrainian Cup 3rd rnd
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Vorskla
Eduardo 78 Mkhitaryan 83

We left it late to win in this cup match but a crazy 4 minutes saw us score 2 quick solo goals. Eduardo after recent performances is looking like the ideal super sub.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 369291

We go top by 3 points after some crucial wins this month against the likes of Dnipro and Chornomorets.

Stats

View attachment 369292

Eduardo has zoomed up the goalscoring charts and will hope to grab top spot by the end of the season can you believe he was in the reserves?!?​

wow , im really suprised with Metalurg D playing this bad, they are only ukrainian team in 2 seasons which beat my dynamo kiev side and they finished 2nd in both seasons i played.
btw you are doing good job, keep it up

wow , im really suprised with Metalurg D playing this bad, they are only ukrainian team in 2 seasons which beat my dynamo kiev side and they finished 2nd in both seasons i played.
btw you are doing good job, keep it up
I know there has been a few suprises this year like dynamo are usually going point for point with me most of the time and you cant slip up but they have had a shocker this season and Dnipro havent been much better

Shakhtar

View attachment 369350

November 2012

League
Zorya 1 - 2 Shakhtar
Adriano 34 Eduardo 45

We win this match before half time with a late goal from Zorya giving us a nervy ending to the match.

Champions League Groups
Shakhtar 0 - 0 Gladbach

Bore Draw, We really needed to thrash them at home.

League
Volyn 2 -2 Shakhtar
Adriano 72 Hubschmann 88

Our first draw in a while in the league after winning six straight matches, Adriano has come into his own in recent weeks with Zozulya being injured.

Champions League Groups
Shakhtar 1 - 1 Arsenal
Kucher 94

OOOHHHH what a late late late goal from Kucher to keep us in with a shout of qualifying we need to thrash Ajax away from home to qualify which wont be an easy task.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Karpaty
Fernandinho 13 Costa 81

Costa grabs a rare goal after a disappointing start to the season, i have seen other people work wonders with him but he doesn't seem up to much for me.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 369351

Top of the table 4 points clear and i plan on staying there for the rest of the season.

Stats

View attachment 369352

The Golden Boot is still very much up for grabs and Texeira has been performing well this season keeping the likes of Costa out of the side.

Shakhtar

View attachment 369353

December 2012

League
Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 2 Shakhtar
Eduardo pen 30, 45
Shevchuk sent off 75

Our most important win of the season so far even though they are not playing amazing at the moment they will come good by the end of the season and will be our biggest threat.

Champions League Groups
Ajax 3 - 1 Shakhtar
Ferandinho 21

It was all going well for the first 21 minutes then it rapidly plummeted downhill from there as Ajax knock us out of the Champions League

View attachment 369354

And we get a tough draw in the Europa League against Benfica!

View attachment 369355

So not a bad first half of the season we dont play for around 80 days now until we face Benfica home and away in Europe.​

Shakhtar

View attachment 369356

January Transfer Window 2013

First off Eduardo wins Foreign Player of the Year

View attachment 369357

I only brought in the one player in the window for £6.5million who was transfer listed by request wanting a new challenge and as i have previously mentioned has been a thorn in my side in previous years!

Taras Mykhalyk CM £6.5million

View attachment 369359

Always nice to steal one of Dynamo's better Ukrainian players for a reasonable fee!​

Going strong in the league. Unlucky champions league results tho!

Shakhtar

View attachment 369401

Feb 2013

Europa League 1st knockout rnd 1st leg
Benfica 2 - 2 Shakhtar
Eduardo 65 Zozulya 83

After a long first half were we got destroyed i new we were not going to win this tie but my strikers gave us some hope with two good goals in the second half.

Europa League 1st knockout rnd 2nd leg
Shakhtar 2 - 3 Benfica
Eduardo 24 Adriano 34
Benfica Win 5 - 4 on aggregate.

Never have i lost a game that i was winning so easily in the last few minutes, they scored 3 goals in 9 minutes!!!!

View attachment 369402

So out of Europe but my favourite part of the season is up next with the Youth Intake​

Decent set of signings there mate! Good luck
Thanks man having a lot of fun with my favourite FM team, im trying to keep up with the updates as im powering through the game having so much fun!

Shakhtar

View attachment 369462

March 2013

League
Shakhtar 1 - 1 Vorskla
Texeiria 45

He grabs a goal for us just before half time, a poor start to the second part of the season for us.

League
Shakhtar 3 - 0 Tavria
Rakitskyi 24 Texeiria 46 Devic 55
Srna sent off 88

Srna is definetly not what he once was and is really starting to annoy me now, he likes to get sent off when we are all calm and doing well just to wind me up a little i think.

League
Metalist 1 - 0 Shakhtar

A poor result as our players seem to have lost focus in the winter holiday and are not looking the same team that was doing well before Christmas.

League
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Kryvbas
Fernandinho 11

An early goal from the Brazilian who definitely hasn't been up to his standards this season and has been making noises about wanting to leave.

League
Illichivets 0 - 1 Shakhtar
Mkhitaryan 40
Grechyshkin sent off 10

Our young DMC got sent off early on but it didnt stop us from dominating this match and picking up the all important 3 points.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 369465

5 points clear with 7 games to go and i would like to think that the league is all but secure this season and now the Domestic Cup is the main focus.

Stats

View attachment 369466

Eduardo's dreams of the Golden Boot are slipping away as Selezynov keeps up his goalscoring rampage!​