Shakhtar Donetsk - Foreigners Out! A Ukrainian Story

This is a great story,and I think that MANUMAD is absolutely right,you should enjoy writting this story no matter what,and if people dont comment that doesnt mean they arent following. I followed your Granada FC story and this one too although I didnt comment here. Keep it up,you are doing great!! :D

Shakhtar

View attachment 370060

September 2013

Srna is starting to annoy me now with constant moaning about wanting to join a bigger club i think that ship has sailed as hes 31 years old now! I may let him go as he likes to get sent off for no reason too.

League
Shakhtar 1 - 1 Dnipro
Adriano 27

A draw was an okay result against Dnipro but we were winning this match for most of the 90 minutes before Selezynov grabbed a late equalizer.

League
Goverla 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Nadj o.g 17

There goalkeeper seems to like scoring own goals for us as he grabs his second goal in 6 months for us.

Champions League Groups
Fenerbache 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Tymoschuk 48 Rakitskyi 78

A good win as our CM pairing grab a couple of good goals to get our european campaign started with a bang.

League
Shakhtar 4 - 1 Metalurg D
Eduardo 7, 17 Konoplyanka 11 Dentinho 91

A comfortable victory in the league as we score an impressive 3 goals in 10 minutes.

Ukrainian Cup 2nd rnd
Nyva Ternopil 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Kozhanov 80 Butko 88

I played a reserve team but they left it late to score the couple of goals that sent us through to the next round, i was impressed with Butko who is a RB and i feel as if Srna left we wouldnt be too affected.

League
Illichivets 2 - 1 Shakhtar
Konoplyanka 60

A poor result to end what was a poor month in the league!

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 370089

After the loss in the last game we drop down to lowly 3rd place with Dnipro 3 points clear of us.

Stats

View attachment 370090

Despite Bezus leaving the league a month ago he is still 3rd in the top goalscorers list.​

Dnipro looking strong this year mate!!

Shakhtar

View attachment 370096

October 2013

Champions League Groups
Shakhtar 3 - 1 Schalke
Konoplyanka 3 Eduardo 6, 65

Another good win in Europe as we continue to do well in the group stages, Eduardo comes back from injury and grabs 2 goals on his comeback game.

League
Shakhtar 4 - 0 Stal Alchevsk
Eduardo 9, 47, 70 Mkhitaryan 15

Eduardo grabs a hattrick meaning he has 5 goals in his two games since coming back! Adriano must be fuming after a good start to the season.

League
Metalist 2 - 2 Shakhtar
Adriano 46, 49

Well Adriano came on after Eduardo had a mare in the first half, grabbed 2 quick goals and then did nothing for the rest of the match to grab his hattrick!

Champions League Groups
Porto 2 - 1 Shakhtar
Costa 16

We scored first but they soon turned it round With Jackson Martinez grabbing a poachers brace to inflict our first defeat in Europe this season.

League
Shakhtar 3 - 1 Tavria
Adriano 61, 64 Konoplyanka 79

Adriano is becoming somewhat of a super sub as Eduardo has another poor hour up front and Adriano turns the game on its head the minute he came on the pitch.

Ukrainian Cup 3rd rnd
Vorskla 0 - 1 Shakhtar
Srna pen 39

Srna makes the difference with another well taken penalty as i again play mainly a reserve side in this fixture.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 370121

Equal points with Dnipro now with them having the better goal difference, i really want to be top of the league before the winter break.

Stats

View attachment 370122

Despite playing second fiddle to Eduardo for most of the month Adriano is the new top goalscorer of the league.

Shakhtar

View attachment 370124

November 2013

League
Metalurg Zp 1 - 2 Shakhtar
Kucher pen 57 Kozhanov 90

Kozhanov wins it for us late against a poor Metalurg side but we really cant afford to slip up in the league at the moment with Dnipro playing so well

Champions League
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Porto
Vitsenets 35

An important win in Europe which sees us all but qualify for the knockout rounds being 5 points clear of 3rd place with 2 games to go.

League
Karpaty 0 - 1 Shakhtar
Mkhitaryan 81

Another late winner from a midfielder as its not how we win the matches just so long as we win them!

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Vorskla
Costa 4 Konoplyanka 29

The wingers grab early goals to win this league match but rather worryingly the strikers have not scored at all this month.

Champions League Groups
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Fenerbache
Mkhitaryan 61

Another good win in Europe as we secure the top spot with a game in hand, such an improvement from the previous season!

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Volyn
Chygrynskyi 50 Adriano 61

A good win as Adriano finds his goalscoring boots after no goals in six games.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 370133

Wahey! Dnipro have a poor month and with only one european game left before the winter break we will go into the new year 4 points clear at the top of the table.

Stats

View attachment 370134

Adriano is still top of the goalscoring charts despite only scoring one goal this month!

Right finished the season so will post the rest of the updates tommorrow, doesnt take long to finish a season with the league so small. In the english leagues you can play over a 100 games in your first two seasons and i have only played 87

Shakhtar

View attachment 370179

December 2013

Champions League Groups
Schalke 3 - 3 Shakhtar
Costa 18 Grechyshkin 54 Adriano 68

Well that was an entertaining game to end the first half of the season, In the end we qualify top of our group

View attachment 370180

Which doesnt help at all as we are drawn against Man Utd and Porto get At Madrid!

View attachment 370181

Finally Pyatov is moaning now about wanting to move, some of these players need to just shut up! He is not irreplaceable as Bandura has played as many games as him this season already and done well.

Right up next Winter Transfer Window​

Shakhtar

View attachment 370182

Winter Transfer Window Jan 2014

Well a mixed time in the transfer window as the likes of Selezynov, Yarmelenko and Garmash wont be sold for £20million plus!
I did bring in Roman Bezus though who people keep telling me is a beast on this game six months after he moved to Spain

Roman Bezus AMC £16.25million

View attachment 370183

Now the bad news! Didnt realise he had played one game for Dynamo this season before moving so i cant use him for the rest of this season! DOH!​

Will be back on with the updates tommorrow got one of the pass the parcel saves at the moment

Nice job getting Bezus! Think you have a shot against United in the CL?

I cant see it but i may play a very defensive counter attacking tactic and see if that works,

Yeah that's probably your best shot. With a team from a smaller league in the CL I always rely on keeping it close and then pulling off a comeback in the home leg.

And im back got my pass the parcel six months done and i have six months to type up of Shakhtar so will be smashing the updates tonight!

Oh and the only transfer out was Srna who was annoying me a lot, went to Marseille for £10million, he was getting on at 31 years old and was on 80k a week, i like Butko who may not be better but has a better work rate and is not so rash, (And on 2k a week) he is also Ukrainian meaning my whole back 5 is Ukrainian, i may look into getting Opanesenko in the summer if Butko does not perform

Shakhtar

View attachment 370563

Feb 2014

So only the one match this month and it was against the Mighty Man Utd

Champions League 1st Knockout rnd 1st leg
Man Utd 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Tymoschuk 45

Tymoschuk roles back the years with an outstanding performance in this match scoring a thunderous volley from 35 yards out to equalize in Manchester.
We have a very small chance of qualifying.

Eduardo gets injuried at the start of the next month and will miss the rest of the season.

View attachment 370564