Shakhtar Donetsk - Foreigners Out! A Ukrainian Story

Shakhtar

View attachment 371291

October 2014

Andy Carroll Still Out of England Side

View attachment 371292

So i am a little confused as to the reasoning behind Carroll being left out !?! He has 7 goals in 13 games and has only missed 2 games since joining us.

Champions League Groups
Barcelona 0 - 0 Shakhtar

A very good point to gain at the Nou Camp with our defensive formation and counter attacking style we looked the more threatening to.

League
Goverla 0 - 3 Shakhtar
Rakitskyi 60 Konoplyanka 76 Butko 84

A good win in the league in the end but it took 3 subs and a more attacking pace to grab us the goals against lowly Goverla.

Next game will be my 100th in charge of Shakhtar

View attachment 371293

League
Metalurg D 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Bezus 27

Not how i wanted to spend my 100th game as we begun to celebrate the win Pyatov let an easy ball slip through his fingers to lose us 2 points.

Champions League Groups
Videoton 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Barvinko 18 Chaykovskyi 51

I put out a reserve side which just about managed to do the business and win us the match and grab us our first 3 points of the campaign.

League
Shakhtar 1 - 1 Volyn
Rakitskyi 85

A very late equalizer from makeshift Central Midfielder Rakitskyi who seems to be enjoying his more attacking role this month.

Ukrainian Cup 3rd rnd
Chornomorets 2 - 3 Shakhtar
Butko 30 Tymoschuck 94 Stepaneko 110

It was thanks to my two defence minded midfielders that we qualify for the next round in the cup after a torrid display from our attacking trio.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 371294

Top of the league 3 points clear and we are yet to lose this season pushing our record of being undefeated in the league to 13 months

Stats

View attachment 371295

Andy Carroll is still looking the part upfront and best of all Srna's replacement Butko has had a brilliant season so far at RB.​

Shakhtar

View attachment 371318

November 2014

League
Dnipro 1 - 4 Shakhtar
Carroll 29 Kryvtsov 32 Costa 69 Barvinko 82

A massive win against the fallen contenders, since selling us ther key players they have been poor in the league and only time will help us pinch Selezynov too.

Champions League Groups
Shakhtar 7 - 0 Videoton
Costa 30, 63 Stepeneko 61 Chaykovski 68 Carroll 70 Surin 75 Kryvtsov 85

To say i went crazy is an understatement. We were winning 1 - 0 but i thought to myself god we should be destroying these guys so i made 3 changes, went to the most attacking formation ever and went on overload - result 6 goals in 24 minutes!

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Kryvbas
Barvinko 26 Carroll pen 69

Where is our young left back getting his goalscoring form from?!? Carroll bags another goal also his 10th goal of the season.

League
Shakhtar 3 - 0 Arsenal Kyiv
Rakitskyi 47 Costa 57 Mykhalyk 82
Zozulya sent off 11

Zozulya getting sent off so early in the game changed little as we still came away with an impressive victory.

League
Shakhtar 0 - 2 Chornomorets
Butko sent off 4

Well when Butko got sent off early on i thought to myself here we go but i didnt expect to be outclassed so much by our bogey team.

The Run Is Over!

View attachment 371322

We were undefeated for 35 games which lasted over 14 months!

League
Metalist 1 - 0 Shakhtar

Defeats are like Buses you wait ages for one then two come at once!

Champions League
Marseille 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Carroll 1 Bezus 5

We get our goalscoring done early in this match leaving everything still to play for in the last group game against Barcelona next month.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 4 Karpaty
Teixeira 28 Adriano 66
Stepeneko sent off 42

Well our form in the league is taking a nose dive at the moment as we suffer our 3rd straight defeat.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 371324

Despite losing three on the trot we are still only 1 point behind Kiev and will play them first off when the league resumes in March.

Stats

View attachment 371325

Bad luck with the losses pal, think you need a better striker ;)

Lucky hes on loan! There is a prospect at Metalist i think i may pick up and just let him loose on the first team
Sometimes the best thing mate look at how well Maupay has done for me!!

Sometimes the best thing mate look at how well Maupay has done for me!!
I know man, i can never seem to let the youth takeover, im trying on this save to add one youngster to the first team each season with Barvinko the man at the moment the LB

Shakhtar

View attachment 371338

December 2014

Champions League Groups
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Barcelona
Bezus pen 75 Costa 80
Mykhalyk sent off 68

Despite the player getting sent off we pull off one of our biggest ever victories against Barcelona to not only qualify for the Knockout stages but knock Barcelona into the Channel 5 Cup.

View attachment 371341

Group Standings

View attachment 371342

We go and draw Man City in the first round of the Knockout stages.

View attachment 371344

It was a massive deal for us to qualify top of this group with Barcelona in it, i dont think i am going to sign anyone in the winter window maybe a Bosman or two.

Shakhtar

View attachment 371348

Jan/Feb 2015

Kryvtsov Wins Ukrainian Player of the Year

View attachment 371349

Pyatov Wins Goalkeeper of the Year

View attachment 371350

Champions League 1st Knockout rnd 1st leg
Man City 2 - 1 Shakhtar
Butko 17
Stepanenko sent off 54

It was a rather evenly matched affair until Stepanenko got sent off and we had to defend like crazy just to give ourselves a small chance in the tie.

Nice result against Barce fella.
Yeah man was pretty chuffed i just packed the midfield and defence and played a counter attacking football and it worked wonders, Man City were having none of it though, in the next post you will see the amount of midfielders that Man City have brought in, Its amazing who they have

Shakhtar

View attachment 371433

March 2015 - Youth Intake

View attachment 371434

Not a bad intake around 4 players there that may make it, one for the first team and the rest squad players

Sergiy Nasibulin ST / AMC

View attachment 371435

Igor Yeremeev DC / DM

View attachment 371436

Andrey Tel'nov ST / AMRL

View attachment 371437

Sergey Rumyantsev DM / DC

View attachment 371438

Rummers looks like our best youth intake player so far, i was going to try and play him every game and create my very own Aitor, he may not be anywhere near that level but i mean if he starts playing now thats 20 years of matches, but look out for what happens in his first ever match!​

Shakhtar

View attachment 371532

March 2015

League
Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Costa 23

Another draw against our fierce rivals who are yet to beat us since i joined the club 3 seasons ago.

League
Illichivets 0 - 3 Shakhtar
Teixieria 20 Adriano 45 Kryvtsov 80

Adriano gets a rare game this season and plays well as we pick up our first win in 5 league games.

League
Shakhtar 2 -0 Zorya
Teixieria 10 Carroll 49

Another good win in the league but Dynamo are matching us every step of the way.

Champions League 1st knockout rnd 2nd leg
Shakhtar 0 - 3 Man City

Oh dear, but Man City's Midfield consists of Fellaini, Eriksen, Hamsik, Sneijder and Ben Arfa!

View attachment 371537

League
Sevastopol 1 - 2 Shakhtar
Bezus pen 14 Vitsenets 53

Another win in the league to keep our title dreams alive.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 371539

Dynamo finally slipped up and lost there most recent league match meaning we are back to the top and 2 points clear with it all still to play for.

Stats

View attachment 371540

Andy Carrolls form has dropped recently and he is nowhere to be seen at the top of the charts.

Aim for this evening is power out the updates and get to 4000 views by the end of the weekend

Shakhtar

View attachment 371584

League
Shakhtar 0 - 0 Tavria
Rumyantsev sent off 90

As i said in the previous post i wanted to start bringing more youth in so recent youth intake player Rumyantsev came off the bench along with previous youth intake stars Surin and Marchenko and what happened on his debut?
He got sent off with minutes to go and banned for another 3 games his tackle was so bad!

View attachment 371587

Worse still Surin who came on is out for 4 months!

View attachment 371588

League
Vorskla 0 - 3 Shakhtar
Rakitskyi 42 Konoplyanka 44 Carroll 82

Another comfortable win in the league as it looks like Carroll has hit some good form again too.

League
Shakhtar 3 - 0 Goverla
Carrolll 5 Konoplyanka 24 Bezus pen 66

Another good win as our form hits a good patch just before the Ukrainain Cup Quarter Final against Dnipro

Adriano wants to leave

View attachment 371589

I say let him go . . . and nobody wants him not even for half his value!

Ukrainian Cup Quarter Final
Shakhtar 4 - 1 Dnipro
Rakitskyi 33 Vitsenets 53 Carroll 71, 91

Another brillaint brace from Carroll puts this game to bed and we finally beat Dnipro in the cup where we will face Dynamo in the next round!

League
Arsenal Kyiv 2 - 2 Shakhtar
Kryvtsov 21 Zozulya 85
Chaykovskyi sent off 35

After an earlyish sending off we really struggled before super sub Zozulya came off the bench to ****** a late equalizer but its not helped our league situation with Dynamo sneaking above us.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 1 Metalurg D
Bezus 13 Carroll 22

Another good win as we get our goals early.

League
Volyn 2 - 3 Shakhtar
Bezus 18, 36 Vitsenets 27

We grab all of our goals in the first half before they knew what had hit them but they managed to regroup and give us a nervy ending.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 371590

2 games to go and we are back on top after Kyiv slip up again but its all to play for with 2 games to go.

Stats

View attachment 371591

Wahey Carroll is back near the top goalscorers but its our defence that are having an amazing season

Couldnt Commit To Carroll

View attachment 371592

I couldnt commit to paying him those sorts of wages, what do you guys think should i have paid out for him?

I think you can do better than Carroll, £105k a week is a lot of wonga for a player that is average!

Shakhtar

View attachment 371695

May 2015

Ukrainian Cup Semi Final
Dynamo Kyiv 2 - 1 Shakhtar
Bezus pen 38

Oh ****** we go out of the cup again, in 3 attempts we are yet to get to the finals.

View attachment 371701

League
Shakhtar 3 - 2 Dnipro
Carroll 48 Costa 73 Barvinko 90

Barvinko scores the most important goal of his young career to keep our title hopes up with us still one point clear with only the one game to go.

League
Kryvbas 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Carroll 37 Zozulya 93

Another good win with Carroll getting the all important goal and Zozulya adding to the victory as we manage to retain the league!

Poor Mans Double

View attachment 371703

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 371702

So we win the league in the end by only 1 point with the biggest suprise Dnipro's poor 8th place finish.

Stats

View attachment 371704

Team Stats

View attachment 371705

What more can you do than score the most and concede the least? Yet we still struggled the most this season out of the 3.

End of Season Post Next