Shakhtar Donetsk - Foreigners Out! A Ukrainian Story

coolmcool

Reaction score
Shakhtar Donetsk

View attachment 369026

I have decided to do a story with one of my favourite FM teams in Shakhtar, i have already done a previous story in the Ukraine on this years FM as Dnipro http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../110570-dnipro-domination-ukranian-story.html but i have had to get a new computer since then so have lost the save, i wanted to get back into this league after seeing a recent Dynamo Kyiv save and didnt feel like doing it all again with Dnipro.

My main aims for this save are;

Win the Champions League
Dominate the League
Have an all Ukrainian first 11
Have an all Ukrainian Squad
Have 10 Players in the National Side (Currently only 5)
Develop Youth . . .
But Steal Others When Needed

Right well there you have will be posting the first update tonight, i have a Ukrainian Thread running if you have any questions or what not about the Ukrainian league i will also be talking nonsense on that thread while playing this mainly pointing out my frustrations!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/123013-ukrainian-league-thread.html

I enjoyed your Dnipro save, good luck with this.

Good luck mate hopefully be as good as your Dnipro save.

Shakhtar

View attachment 369038

Squad Lookover 2012

Well here is the nationalities in the squad

View attachment 369039

Only worry is my 3 best players are not Ukrainian!!!
I dont plan on selling any decent foreigners i just dont plan on bringing any in

Mkhitaryan CM

View attachment 369041

In real life he has just moved to Dortmund for a fortune so should be key to my success and was their top goalscorer this year despite not being a striker.

Fernandinho CM

View attachment 369044

Another key player who in real life has moved on to Man City also for around the same fee of £25million

Srna DR

View attachment 369045

An amazing player our Club Captain and pretty much an Honorary Ukrainian.

Season Expectations

View attachment 369046

£30million! The way the youngsters are being touted out im going to need it all to sign some young Ukrainians. I was tempted to pick up Bony and Bernard!

League Odds

View attachment 369048

Favourites for a reason!

Naughty, pinched Shevchenko as a coach despite being a Dinamo Kyiv Legend.

View attachment 369047

Basically Bilbao but in Ukraine with minor differences!!!! Good luck

Try and buy the best Ukrainians available, such as Konoplyanka, Yarmolenko and Tymoschuk

Thanks man loved your Bilbao saves so am looking for a long term youth challenge

Always fancied being Shakhtar but it would have been too easy with their budget but by limiting yourself to Ukrainians makes it interesting. Does Kiev players like Yarmolenko want to come?

Always fancied being Shakhtar but it would have been too easy with their budget but by limiting yourself to Ukrainians makes it interesting. Does Kiev players like Yarmolenko want to come?
Unfortunately no Dynamo Kiev or Dnipro players want to come so will have to look to the future wont be getting any players i can bring straight into the side

Shakhtar

View attachment 369055

Incoming Transfers July 2012

So i spent all my budget with one player coming in next season and the other 4 young Ukrainians who are for the future although a couple will get game time straight away.

Olexandr Andrievskyi CM/AMC £3.1million

View attachment 369056

Denys Barvinko DL £4.2million

View attachment 369058

A few people have mentioned him to me and he looks like a star turn and may be my new LB straight away with Rat leaving after his release clause was activated.

Vitaliy Fedotov MLC £9.25million

View attachment 369060

Dmytro Grechyshkin DMC £8.5million

View attachment 369061

Dont shoot me! I know i spent a fortune but i wanted all these young Ukrainians and i didn't want them to go to Dnipro or Kiev and then never want to come to me so splashed the cash they were the only decent Ukrainians i could pick up anyway.

Thanks man can only hope, especially with not bringing in the foreigners!

Working ok on my Kyiv save. Ukrainian youngsters in line with my aims of having a young squad. Want Konoplyanka but Dnipro want over £20mil any suggestions?

Working ok on my Kyiv save. Ukrainian youngsters in line with my aims of having a young squad. Want Konoplyanka but Dnipro want over £20mil any suggestions?
Any other Dnipro players like Zozulya not too sure as im not playing with wingers

Any other Dnipro players like Zozulya not too sure as im not playing with wingers

Cheers dude will have a look. Gutted they want so much as player wants to leave anyway. But £15mil is enough IMO for him. Make sure you keep eye on youth prospects dude they work wonders for me

Cheers dude will have a look. Gutted they want so much as player wants to leave anyway. But £15mil is enough IMO for him. Make sure you keep eye on youth prospects dude they work wonders for me
why not putting a big percentage of next sale on his deal to save some money, especially if you plan on keeping him for a long time

Shakhtar

View attachment 369065

July 2012

Ukrainian Super Cup
Shakhtar 4 - 0 Metalurg D
Teixeria 10 Adriano 66 Gai 72 Priyma o.g 80
Fernandinho sent off 90

Well it was all going so well with a massive win against Metalurg to pick up my first piece of Silverware for the club until Fernandinho goes and gets sent off and then young LB Barvinko gets injured for 2 months!

View attachment 369066

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Volyn
Krystov 4, 9

Two early set piece goals from our Centre back wins us the first league game of the season even though our strikers had a shocker!
But i did find Eduardo in the reserves!

League
Karpaty 1 - 2 Shakhtar
Eduardo 20 Kucher 31

And he goes and scores on his return! Our side had such a better attacking edge with Eduardo in the side.

League
Shakhtar 0 - 0 Dynamo Kyiv

Not the worse result in the world against our main rivals for the league.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 369071

Kyiv have had a shocker to start the season with 3 draws in a row!