Shawcross 'need not fear Arsenal'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am a Stoke City fan, and Shawcross is a great player backed by many great defenders if anything does affect him. He is a good proffesional and i think Stoke might win against Arsenal again after a shocker against Blackpool, which we fully deserved to win :/ :D

to be fair ramsey was diving in into challenge too

Actually, he just passed the ball forward while Shawcross tokk a vicious kick that would either hit the ball or hurt someone near the ball.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

i am a Stoke City fan, and Shawcross is a great player backed by many great defenders if anything does affect him. He is a good proffesional and i think Stoke might win against Arsenal again after a shocker against Blackpool, which we fully deserved to win :/ :D

I can't Imagine a back to back loss and not against Stoke, and no disrespect, but If we are going to be a dark horse in the Premier League this season this is not the time or place to lose against a minnow.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

He shouldn't need to fear Arsenal; it was 10 months ago, Ramsey's well on his way to becoming fully fit at Notts Forest so everything should be cool.

Not as long as those ****** fixtures keeps on getting postponed

Forgot Blackpool were on the same level as Arsenal... Or perhaps you've forgotten we beat them 6-0?

Anyhoo - obviously not intentional to break his leg and it wasn't as bad as Martin Taylor's challenge on Eduardo.

Hopefully this is the sort of game Chamakh will thrive in as a big(ish) player. But we always batter Stoke at home anyway!

Actually, he just passed the ball forward while Shawcross tokk a vicious kick that would either hit the ball or hurt someone near the ball.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I can't Imagine a back to back loss and not against Stoke, and no disrespect, but If we are going to be a dark horse in the Premier League this season this is not the time or place to lose against a minnow.

I don't think it will be an easy game for Stoke, or for either side on that matter. I think a draw would be a fair result but as you said, Arsenal are the stronger team and we are the minnows, but Stoke are always up and ready for a fight :)

Anyhoo - obviously not intentional to break his leg and it wasn't as bad as Martin Taylor's challenge on Eduardo.

I agree. Tyler's challenge was clear and intentional. Taylor probably didn't believe he was going to oblitirate Dudu's leg, but certainly to rough him up. Disgrace, although that has been said enough now.

YouTube - Aaron Ramsey Leg Break vs stoke

Shawcross is not the one to blame, he was closest to the ball, had his foot next to it ready to kick, then Ramsey nipped in and prodded the ball away just before Shawcross kicked the ball meaning he kicked Ramsey, which wasn't even with his studs.

If it wasn't for the unlucky injury then it would never have been a red card.

No game with Arsenal in it is a forgone conclusion, I predict 3-1 though.

I don't think it will be an easy game for Stoke, or for either side on that matter. I think a draw would be a fair result but as you said, Arsenal are the stronger team and we are the minnows, but Stoke are always up and ready for a fight :)

For a draw to be a fair result, it first has got to be played, then we'll see<). I think we will win by a couple of goals as we are at home, but as Arsenal have experienced this season, the so called home advantage hasn't excaclty been shown enough.

YouTube - Aaron Ramsey Leg Break vs stoke

Shawcross is not the one to blame, he was closest to the ball, had his foot next to it ready to kick, then Ramsey nipped in and prodded the ball away just before Shawcross kicked the ball meaning he kicked Ramsey, which wasn't even with his studs.

If it wasn't for the unlucky injury then it would never have been a red card.

Thanks for the video CJ - I'm sure everyone appreciates seeing that again.

So, if it wasn't Shawcross' fault - does that mean it was Ramsey's for being too skillfull?
Look how high up Shawcross catches him, he took a wild swing at the ball and as I said he didn't mean to hurt him, but you cannot, cannot say it isn't his fault, that's just ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I agree with that.

I don't. It was reckless, high and dangerous. Obviously breaking somone's leg also comes into the equation though, even if it just shows how hard he went into the challenge.

Arsenal will be angry after losing at United and want to kick some ****, I reckon 3-0.

I haven't had any reason to follow it too much but I haven't sensed too much anger from Gooners towards Shawcross. The on-pitch blubbing probably helped. Good PR, tears. Nothing more than boos, which will swiftly fade as Nasri scores his second on 28 minutes and the party football starts.

How can you say that? Players are booed for a lot less! Breaking someones leg, I think he's got it comming.

Because it was 100% accidental. I know if he came to Anfield he would certainly not be boo'ed.

I've been ****** angry at Shawcross. He may "not be that kind of player", but if he's not, he's hugely clumsy. He's broken 3 peoples legs already. Added to this people expressing their feelings for Shawcross (Fergie for example) and ignoring the player with his leg at an angle.

Because it was 100% accidental. I know if he came to Anfield he would certainly not be boo'ed.

Im pretty sure if he broke one of your players leg you would boo him the next time he played at Anfield. Liverpool fans arn't different to any other.

One of Arsenal's hottest prospects broke his leg and may never be the same player, of course he will be booed. And so he should be, it was a **** tackle.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I've been ****** angry at Shawcross. He may "not be that kind of player", but if he's not, he's hugely clumsy. He's broken 3 peoples legs already. Added to this people expressing their feelings for Shawcross (Fergie for example) and ignoring the player with his leg at an angle.

Agreed. I know who my sympathy goes to. And if what you say is true, and he has broken 3 people's legs, that tells you what kind of player he is.

Im pretty sure if he broke one of your players leg you would boo him the next time he played at Anfield. Liverpool fans arn't different to any other.

I really doubt we would, if it was intentional then yes, obviously.

It was accidental, but he will get some stick from the fans, it is to be expected.

Let's not forget the deplorable actions of Wenger and Ramsay after the incident though, Shawcross tried to apologise but they acted like little kids.

Shawcross will be fine.

One of Arsenal's hottest prospects broke his leg and may never be the same player, of course he will be booed. And so he should be, it was a **** tackle.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Agreed. I know who my sympathy goes to. And if what you say is true, and he has broken 3 people's legs, that tells you what kind of player he is.

Ramsey, and Francis Jeffers, and someone else

I really doubt we would, if it was intentional then yes, obviously.

No player (I hope) intentionally tries to break someone's leg, but it's not like he slipped and Ramsey ran into him.. He kicked him!

Thanks for the video CJ - I'm sure everyone appreciates seeing that again.

So, if it wasn't Shawcross' fault - does that mean it was Ramsey's for being too skillfull?
Look how high up Shawcross catches him, he took a wild swing at the ball and as I said he didn't mean to hurt him, but you cannot, cannot say it isn't his fault, that's just ridiculous.

****** ****, I dont think it was anyones fault tbh, Ramsey gets there first to a ball that Shawcross was favourite for and closest to, he didnt catch him that high up, it was above the ankle, things like this happen all the time, and Ramsey was only injured because his ankle was planted firmly in the ground when Shawcross hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back