Shawcross 'need not fear Arsenal'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf, had I mentioned it at all, until this thread came up?

and when you say ''it happens'', your just condoning these rash tackles, surely.
it wanst a tackle it was a 50/50 ball, during which the situation unfolded quicker than shawcross could react to, we've just covered this above.

Injuries happen in football. Dean Ashton was forced to retire from a clumsy tackle in training from SWP this is a man who built like a tank, taken out by what can only be described as pint sized winger

**** happens, was a 50/50 ball, Ramsey nipped in got the ball just before Shawcross meaning he hit him, tackles like that happen every game, Ramsey's leg was planted which was the ONLY reason it broke.

not the ridiculous amount of excessive force in the challenge?

not the ridiculous amount of excessive force in the challenge?
when a leg is planted, it takes remarkable little force to to break it. Seen this happen first hand. if his leg had been free, we'd be talking about a painful clash

I still think the tackle was terribly unlucky and all the blame pinned on Shawcross is pretty shocking. Seems like Wenger's opinions are all too easily accepted by some Arsenal fans.

The way I see it, it looks like Shawcross is trying to kick the ball clear, not tackle anyone. The way he swings his leg is completely different to the type of movement used in a tackle, and the speed indicates he's attempting to hoof it clear. This would also explain why his foot is higher, as kicking obviously results in a raised boot. The injury Ramsey sustained is a freak event, and I don't believe the blame should be pinned on Shawcross. Ramsey's quicker reactions meant he reached the ball faster than anyone anticipated, and dreadful luck meant that he suffered the leg break. But if you don't allow players to try to kick the ball, then there's no sport to watch.

you ask why people sympathise with him, look at way you talk about it

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

I still think the tackle was terribly unlucky and all the blame pinned on Shawcross is pretty shocking. Seems like Wenger's opinions are all too easily accepted by some Arsenal fans.

The way I see it, it looks like Shawcross is trying to kick the ball clear, not tackle anyone. The way he swings his leg is completely different to the type of movement used in a tackle, and the speed indicates he's attempting to hoof it clear. This would also explain why his foot is higher, as kicking obviously results in a raised boot. The injury Ramsey sustained is a freak event, and I don't believe the blame should be pinned on Shawcross. Ramsey's quicker reactions meant he reached the ball faster than anyone anticipated, and dreadful luck meant that he suffered the leg break. But if you don't allow players to try to kick the ball, then there's no sport to watch.
You are a man after my own heart.

i had gotten over it really, but am sick to death of people loving up shawcross.

i had gotten over it really, but am sick to death of people loving up shawcross.
its not a case of loving up shawcross. its actually backing him up against the way people, mostly arsenal fans, talk about him

its not a case of loving up shawcross. its actually backing him up against the way people, mostly arsenal fans, talk about him

I don't see what the problem is. Arsenal fans dislike him, everyone else doesn't? go figure. If United would have had 3 avoidable leg breaks, surely you wouldn't exactly like the player/players involved.

It's almost as if your saying we're wrong for disliking him.

I don't see what the problem is. Arsenal fans dislike him, everyone else doesn't? go figure. If United would have had 3 avoidable leg breaks, surely you wouldn't exactly like the player/players involved.

It's almost as if your saying we're wrong for disliking him.
you miss the point. its nothing to do with disliking him, its the way you bend what happened

you miss the point. its nothing to do with disliking him, its the way you bend what happened

well, what's the problem? we see it one way, you see it different. let's just leave it at that? surely we can boo a player who put one of the brightest prospects ever seen at Arsenal out of action for 9 months in a career threatening injury.

meh, we have different opinions, idrc what other clubs fans think on this issue. we've come to a cross roads and keep gong round in circles, thread run it's course?

im an arsenal fan, i love aaron ramsey, good player, big future, ryan shawcross made a poor challenge and ramsey came out bad, okay so what? bad challenge enough said, i broke a guys collar bone with a shoulder barge, he fell dodgy...i don't get constantly battered by media or by you guys, im a big fan of shawcross he's a great defender, what i hate the most is people saying, arsenal are the dirtiest team this year, yes because i think we've realised we've got to get stuck in or we've got no chance so in a way im proud we are the dirtiest team this year, no shawcross should not fear arsenal, but tony pullis should, chelsea to beat united, arsenal to beat stoke, top of the league again.

Probably because he started crying and looked genuinely upset. However he has broken 3 legs (according to someone above) and actions speak louder than words.

I've already had my say on this. Football is about strong opinions and it's clear not everyone is going to agree. I've said all I want to :)

well, what's the problem? we see it one way, you see it different. let's just leave it at that? surely we can boo a player who put one of the brightest prospects ever seen at Arsenal out of action for 9 months in a career threatening injury.

meh, we have different opinions, idrc what other clubs fans think on this issue. we've come to a cross roads and keep gong round in circles, thread run it's course?
i dont think you read any of my points. never mentioned booing him or liking him. only ever talked about the tackle

We just can't understand why you see it that way. And I think it's harsh to boo a player who had no intention of causing harm, and was clearly as devastated as everyone else after the challenge. And no, I don't 'love' Shawcross, I just feel sorry for the hatred directed at him. The most disgraceful thing about it was Wenger's reaction and refusal to accept and apology in my opinion.

i dont think you read any of my points. never mentioned booing him or liking him. only ever talked about the tackle

I did read your points, and disagreed. You seem to be taking the '**** happens' approach, so for that, really don't have a lot to say in response.

Of course this is going to be a touchy subject for Arsenal fans.

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

We just can't understand why you see it that way. And I think it's harsh to boo a player who had no intention of causing harm, and was clearly as devastated as everyone else after the challenge. And no, I don't 'love' Shawcross, I just feel sorry for the hatred directed at him. The most disgraceful thing about it was Wenger's reaction and refusal to accept and apology in my opinion.

I gave my reasons as to why I see it the way I do.

Sure Wenger was a bit out of order, but 3 serious break's, due to clumsyness isn't a coincedence.

Please, please, listen to his post-match interview if you can find it, then listen to Pulis'.

Obviously Wenger was upset about it, all he said was that the challenge was "unacceptable" - which it was.

Pulis told him to keep his opinions to himself.

I don't know about this "refusal to accept apology" nonsense. Tbh, I don't really care if SC is sorry or not, I just want to focus on watching Ramsey hopefully still achieve his full potential.

I don't like everyone saying "he didn't mean it, therefore he shouldn't be slated" or telling us to "get over it" - we'll support our club and our players if we want, I'm not "over" Taylor's disgraceful challenge, as far as i'm concerned he ruined Eduardo's career, and if the same happens to Ramsey...

I'm not saying he's a thug or a villain, just that he went in with a ridiculous amount of force and broke someone's leg, I don't see why we should forgive him because he went off the pitch crying.

Please, please, listen to his post-match interview if you can find it, then listen to Pulis'.

Obviously Wenger was upset about it, all he said was that the challenge was "unacceptable" - which it was.

Pulis told him to keep his opinions to himself.

I don't know about this "refusal to accept apology" nonsense. Tbh, I don't really care if SC is sorry or not, I just want to focus on watching Ramsey hopefully still achieve his full potential.

I don't like everyone saying "he didn't mean it, therefore he shouldn't be slated" or telling us to "get over it" - we'll support our club and our players if we want, I'm not "over" Taylor's disgraceful challenge, as far as i'm concerned he ruined Eduardo's career, and if the same happens to Ramsey...

I'm not saying he's a thug or a villain, just that he went in with a ridiculous amount of force and broke someone's leg, I don't see why we should forgive him because he went off the pitch crying.

this 1000x

why do people focus on the crying? the only thing that matters here is the incident. You guys have your opinons but when you pillory him (unfairly in most peoples opinions) expect people to back him. not because we like him, or becuase we feel sorry that he was crying. but it becuase it simply wasnt how its been made out by arsenal fans

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

meh we're crossing old ground gonna close the thread, im sure it'll be argued again on match day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back