Shogun II Total war

Minimum Specs (Required for playing Total War: Shogun 2):
  • 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor , or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)
  • 1GB RAM (XP), 2GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
  • 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (shader model 3)
  • 1024×768 minimum screen resolution
  • 20GB free hard disk space
Thankfully my new PC, which I just got a couple of weeks ago, will be able to run this comfortably.

what are the system requirements :) ?
Minimum Specs (Required for playing Total War: Shogun 2):
  • 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor , or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)
  • 1GB RAM (XP), 2GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
  • 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (shader model 3)
  • 1024×768 minimum screen resolution
  • 20GB free hard disk space
Thankfully my new PC, which I just got a couple of weeks ago, will be able to run this comfortably.

I wouldn't bother with the minimum requirements. As the name suggests, they are what is required to run the game on low settings - and who wants to do that? ;)
Here are the recommended requirements:
Recommended:
Processor: 2nd Generation Intel Core™i5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent
Memory: 2GB RAM (XP), 4GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
Hard Drive: 20GB free hard disk space
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024

Last edited:
I can't wait to play the demo, this game looks amazing :D .

I am kind of concerned with my CPU but hopefully it will let me run on recommended settings. Hopefully the game isn't stupid like ETW and uses more than 1 core ;)

No thanks, I have no faith in those games anymore. So many bugs never get worked out, even after heavy modification + the game isn't challenging no matter what and I usually play as a **** ant nation.

No thanks, I have no faith in those games anymore. So many bugs never get worked out, even after heavy modification + the game isn't challenging no matter what and I usually play as a **** ant nation.

Seems like they are really focused on the AI this time. I never played Empire after the **** reviews it got, but Rome & Medieval 2 after mods were fantastic. Although with Medieval I only played the Third Age mod.

I agree, Empire was a shambles, but before that the TW series was great. Yes these games are usually buggy at release, which is understandable considering their scale. Just wait until there has been a patch or two before buying.

You never player Europa Barbarorum or Deus lo Vult did you? ;)

Why dont people get cheap good pcs.Mine can play Napoleon full graphics with no lag.Usually comps that have specs that can do this are over 1000 euro.I got my comp off some company in England that do selling through ebay for 600 euro.Bargin buy to behonest.Will download the demo.May get the game.Really wanted to get it but then I saw the multiplayer trailer and the graphics dont look that good altho sayen that the rest of the vids did so Ill see how the demo goes.

I agree, Empire was a shambles, but before that the TW series was great. Yes these games are usually buggy at release, which is understandable considering their scale. Just wait until there has been a patch or two before buying.

You never player Europa Barbarorum or Deus lo Vult did you? ;)

The only empire game that I can really say I thoroughly enjoyed was Rome.

M2 was okay at times with the crusading and such

Empire was cool with the emphasis on trade and the scale

but both M2 and Empire had the "bug" where other nations just couldn't seem to grasp the whole moving army by ship concept, something that was extremely dangerous in Rome to the point of me building watch towers on every island I could land on.

I agree the AI in the TW series needs an overhaul in some regards. I would sacrifice some graphical fidelity for better AI - both in the campaign map and in battle. Lets hope it has improved in Shogun II. At least it can't be worse than Empire's... :p

Rome was my favourite I have all the others as well but they just don't compare to my enjoyment of rome total war and I always drifted back to that game. I think mainly because of my dislike of the guns and my greater interest in that era.

Rome was my favourite I have all the others as well but they just don't compare to my enjoyment of rome total war and I always drifted back to that game. I think mainly because of my dislike of the guns and my greater interest in that era.

Nothing rocked like some bad *** elephants, war cries, and war hounds

Or flaming pigs

True meaning of fast food :D

**** yeah!

add to that list: Chariots and testudo formation

I was also fond of archers and various javelin.

Something about that time frame made the game a bit mysterious and exotic.

Last edited:
war hounds

flaming pigs
Both of which where not actually used... ;)

And in Medieval 2 - cannons mounted on elephants. WTF?!? oO)

The list goes on and on.

I wish the vanilla campaigns in TW games where more historically accurate. But then there would be less work for modders to do I guess.

Last edited:
Both of which where not actually used... ;)

And in Medieval 2 - cannons mounted on elephants. WTF?!? oO)

The list goes on and on.

I wish the vanilla campaigns in TW games where more historically accurate. But then there would be less work for modders to do I guess.

Yep I know historically they were not used but I think it's to do with the overpoweredness of the elephant units.

Arcani and gladiators were pretty bad *** although Spartans were overkill

TW series was never COMPLETELY historically accurate, which I enjoy. Flaming pigs, Arcani (and battlefield assassins in general, actually) elephant cannons of doom, judean zealots (if anyone knows what I'm talking about with the latter well done you!) are all just funny twists.

Also, testudo formation in RTW failed massively. Five minutes of standing and your troops are already tired. Not to mention the damage a well placed great big dirty rock can do to it...

I used the Greek Mod which was more historically accurate with actual units also it took like 18 turns to make a spartan unit. Pure fun especially since you start the game with the Macedonians already at war with you one loss and you were finished at the beginning.

Yep I know historically they were not used but I think it's to do with the overpoweredness of the elephant units.

Arcani and gladiators were pretty bad *** although Spartans were overkill

In Europa Barbarorum, there are no flaming pigs, and elephants are powerful. They just cost absolute ton to upkeep. In the vanilla game Arcani, gladiators and Spartans where all OP. It is highly unlikely Arcani or gladiators where even used in field battles.

TW series was never COMPLETELY historically accurate, which I enjoy. Flaming pigs, Arcani (and battlefield assassins in general, actually) elephant cannons of doom, judean zealots (if anyone knows what I'm talking about with the latter well done you!) are all just funny twists.

Also, testudo formation in RTW failed massively. Five minutes of standing and your troops are already tired. Not to mention the damage a well placed great big dirty rock can do to it...
I think it takes away from the series. They are supposed to be historical games. So what is with all the stupid inaccuracies? Three Roman factions? WTF?

Also the portrayal of the so called 'barbarian' nations (Gauls, Getai, Thrace ect.) was terribly inaccurate in RTW. They where actually quite civilized. They had soap before the Romans for starters :p

Mods FTW.

Aren't we getting off topic? :S

Does anyone know what time today the demo is released?

Last edited: