Shogun II Total war

speed of download has plummeted :'( curse everyone else downloading it!

I will get the demo today I think. I'm getting the DA2 demo ATM and I think that was the right choice, going of Jak's post, as it is going quickly.

What is the size of the download?

I will get the demo today I think. I'm getting the DA2 demo ATM and I think that was the right choice, going of Jak's post, as it is going quickly.

What is the size of the download?
5.9 GB

ok download is good for me now 2mb/s zoom zoom

Give me details what is available on the demo. E.G: What clan can you be? How long do you get to play for? What restrictions are there?

There are only really two things that you can do, a tutorial of the Chosokabe campaign and the Battle of Sekigahara.

There is also the encyclopedia that will be in the final game.

Last edited:
There are only really two things that you can do, a tutorial of the Chosokabe campaign and the battle of Sekigahara.

There is also the encyclopedia that will be in the final game.

Thanks. Battle of Sekigahara is epic to be fair.

up to 41% gonna take so long to download but guarantee I'll only play it for a bit and then never play it again :S

up to 41% gonna take so long to download but guarantee I'll only play it for a bit and then never play it again :S

Indeed, the Total War demos don't allow for much replayability (Predictably, for marketing reasons), so it's a real drag that they are such large files.

Yeah, I've only played around an hour and a half and don't know if I'm going to play any more.

Yeah, I've only played around an hour and a half and don't know if I'm going to play any more.

Give us the down low then. I'm running a viruscan and defragmenter amongst other things, my brother's downloading stuff and our internet isn't great at the best of times, so I won't be playing it for a while.

Quite annoying, the game recommending me max settings so I thought I would give that a try even though I knew it wouldn't perform that well, it raped my pc and the FPS was in the low 20s. Even high was a bit of a push but was playable.

Quite annoying, the game recommending me max settings so I thought I would give that a try even though I knew it wouldn't perform that well, it raped my pc and the FPS was in the low 20s. Even high was a bit of a push but was playable.

What're your specs?

What're your specs?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Overclocked @ 3.5Ghz
Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz
ATI HD4850 1GB

Need to upgrade by GPU and RAM anyway.

CA must have done quite a bit of optimizing. That system would probably struggle with Empire on High/Very High, yet you say it will run the demo on High. That is good. Also, demos usually don't run as well as the full game.

CA must have done quite a bit of optimizing. That system would probably struggle with Empire on High/Very High, yet you say it will run the demo on High. That is good. Also, demos usually don't run as well as the full game.

Empire for some reason only used 1 core of your CPU so unless you had a really fast dual core you were kind of screwed performance wise. I have a quad core so it ****** me off

I've changed my download location to Japan and I'm getting quicker and more stable download speeds. It's still not rapid though. Can't wait for the full game :wub:

Demo is quite good.Nijas on the battlefield rock until u run them into bowmen.