Short question -> short answer Thread

Getting beaten by pace, usually an old slow player having the ball knocked past him.
Does this have any connection with the preferred move " Knock the ball past Opponent "...What the player actually does here,What's the move?So I guess if someone with this move will meet an older guy I'll get this phrase by my assistant "getting burned all too often?

I'd go with the 1st one (Guide2FM) because if I remember, team talks were updated for FM13.

Is there a way to remove all available for loan instructions without going into each individual player's transfer status. Start of third season and I want to have a look at the young 'uns before i decide who to loan out.

2. is there a way to remove all reserve matches instructions for all players or do I again have to go through one by one?

1. Is it possible to somehow make a youth player (16 years old) change his nationality? Perhaps if he waits a year or two to get citizenship of your clubs nation? I've seen this in some saves some players choose different nationalities, i.e. Pedro Obiang sometimes chooses Spain sometimes he goes with Gabon.

2. If I play my 16 year old striker in my first-team in top premier league matches and the champions league, will he develop faster?

1. Is it possible to somehow make a youth player (16 years old) change his nationality? Perhaps if he waits a year or two to get citizenship of your clubs nation? I've seen this in some saves some players choose different nationalities, i.e. Pedro Obiang sometimes chooses Spain sometimes he goes with Gabon.

2. If I play my 16 year old striker in my first-team in top premier league matches and the champions league, will he develop faster?

1. Yes but it's unlikely it'll work. If he's good enough by the time he acquires dual-nationality he'll have made appearances for his main nationality ruling that out. Also depending on what nationality he is he could just refuse to be called up for whatever new nationality he gains.

2. Generally yes, playing time and doing well are the best ways of a young player improving.

What changed in the patch that cause me to get a red card every game? 4 red cards in the last 3 games with no changes to tactics. It would not have been funny were it not that I beat Fulham 2-5 with 9 left :).

So I have a youth player with natural fitness 5...Looking at his development screen I see my physio remark that "his difficuly in sustaining his fitness levels is compounded by somewhat laid-back attitude..." I would say this youth development has reached a crucial moment...And I must find a solution if I am to save his career...What would you do to save his career before he turns into a walking zombie?

Last edited:
When you chat with the players...Is there any way to delete the conversations record?...Or is it going to be deleted automatically once a year?

Last edited:
So I have a young right winger...I have two options to develop him...The first is sending him on loan to my feeder club...The second is tutor him with an experienced winger that have two useful moves: Likes to Lob Keeper and hug lines...Since I can't do both of them at the same time which option would be better?

When You make one change in your initial tactic during match and you really going to use that change frequently in other matches, you have the option during match to SAVE it...My question is : where could I find that tactic after match ends...It's not at the default tactic file...You also get notice by game while you are saving during match that it won't be saved with all your other usual tactics? Also there are many questions here on this thread waiting to be answered...

How do you instruct a player to do ZONAL marking in football manager 2014...I don't see the instruction anywhere...

So if I assign a centerback to do tight marking on his striker...And than I go to Opposition Instructions and instruct their most dangerous Inside forward to be ALWAYS man mark...And this guy cut inside towards the centre what would the centre back do?Which one he would follow?

Last edited:
So how do you know what to assign a player Tight marking or Zonal marking...I mean there is one attribute for general marking attribute only...So how do you know what to instruct him to do...Zonal or tight?

When the Groundman ask you what measurments you want your field to be for the rest of the season?What are your instructions to him ? And WHY?

When You make one change in your initial tactic during match and you really going to use that change frequently in other matches, you have the option during match to SAVE it...My question is : where could I find that tactic after match ends...It's not at the default tactic file...You also get notice by game while you are saving during match that it won't be saved with all your other usual tactics? Also there are many questions here on this thread waiting to be answered...

I experienced it back in FM09 and still haven't found out how to save these changes. I just try to remeber them or write them down, don't see any other possibility.

How do you instruct a player to do ZONAL marking in football manager 2014...I don't see the instruction anywhere...

As far as I understand this: when you don't instruct a player to mark tight, then he is set to zonal. Dunno if this is correct thinking.

When the Groundman ask you what measurments you want your field to be for the rest of the season?What are your instructions to him ? And WHY?

If I want to use tactic which exploits wings, play with direct passing etc then I choose the biggest pitch. And the other way round, it would be logical to choose short and narrow pitch if playing for example 41212.

I experienced it back in FM09 and still haven't found out how to save these changes. I just try to remeber them or write them down, don't see any other possibility.

As far as I understand this: when you don't instruct a player to mark tight, then he is set to zonal. Dunno if this is correct thinking.

If I want to use tactic which exploits wings, play with direct passing etc then I choose the biggest pitch. And the other way round, it would be logical to choose short and narrow pitch if playing for example 41212.
Fantastic...What are the other fields dimensios good for?...

So how do I instruct my team to focus on the playmaker...How do I instruct my team to focus on the target man?What if I have BOTH playmaker & target man...How do I instruct my team to play only on ONE of them and ignore the other?